Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,781 to 2,800 of 6,029 messages
14/11/2012 at 20:04
Teaching anatomy? Can you teach me so I can keep up with the drs!
14/11/2012 at 22:22

Sounds positive guys. I still feel poorly but not too bad after some spotty cuddles. I'm not really sure whether it's mental or physical. Been feeling unnaturally drained and nauseous .. I guess I'll find out. It could be pushing it so very, very hard in therapy and being so tired from all the nightmares or it could be the start of a bug. 
I didn't vom in Titchysis' car Bear, I told her you said that though.

I'm going to bed soon, sorry  

14/11/2012 at 22:46
I'm feeling very daring tonight because it is well passed 10pm and I am still downstairs watching tv. Mr by eck didn't get home until 10pm and then I fed him and we started watching Grey's anatomy.
Solb, take proper care of yourself. Just as a long run takes it out of your body and you need a rest/easy day, your brain also needs an easy day aftersomething like therapy
14/11/2012 at 22:51

Aww I like that you're feeling daring rebel by eck!! 
I know you're right by eck, I''m pushing things a bit hard cos I'm frightened if I don't make the most of feeling more like myself I'll regret it when it disappears again.

14/11/2012 at 22:55
Of course I'm never guilty of that Solb......
15/11/2012 at 00:55

I am such a pillock sometimes I've been exhausted all day and now I'm avoiding going to bed 

15/11/2012 at 09:09
Did you get to sleep Solb? I must admit to feeling pretty rotten this morning. We didn't go to bed and get settled until nearly midnight. That's too late for me
15/11/2012 at 10:37

Morning peeps!

Hope you slept ok when you finally went SOLB, you pillock!!

15/11/2012 at 10:59
Morning bear. What's on the cards for today?
15/11/2012 at 12:29

Stitches removed from my knee (done), shopping (done), book teaching, pack for tomorrow

How are you today by eck?

15/11/2012 at 12:33
Erm, it's a mixed day. Not got stacks of energy so going to rest when moo does. Mr by eck accidentally scraped against the neighbours car last night so I've been worrying about it more than I should.
What are you doing tomorrow bear?
15/11/2012 at 12:49

I'm helping tow friends out who are racing around the underground in London for Children in Need.  My job is to basically buy them coffee and sandwiches as they don't have time to stop, plus carry bags if they're doing any running (you often run between the tube lines to save time doubling back).

I did it last year and it's a great fun day out - I'd be doing it again if my knee was okay

15/11/2012 at 12:52

Aww poor by eck, it's really easy to worry about stuff like that especially if there's nothing you can do about it. Hope the neighbour is understanding, we do all make mistakes. 

Hope you and Moo get some rest. 

Glad the stitches are out Bear.

I really need to go shopping, I've needed to go since about this time last week but have been putting it off but it's mucking up my OCD work now so I'll need to get some food in. 

Ooo bear that's brilliant, I'm glad you get to still be part of it this year - I think you are the prettiest gopher (go-for) I've ever seen  

15/11/2012 at 13:24
Sounds fab bear. What do they have to do? I used to spend lots of time on the underground
15/11/2012 at 13:27

Basically just visit all 270 stations - but it does take quite a while, they'll likely take over seventeen hours which is why they need refreshments.

I only had two stitches, northing like SOLBtitchysis's knees, I've seen the piccies!

15/11/2012 at 13:47

Oh bum, I looked the other day at the anatomy teaching and it wasn't very booked up.  Just looked again to book it and there's no spaces.  That does seem weird that it would fill up suddenly.

I can check for cancellations but it's a long shot.  A real shame as it would help build my confidence

15/11/2012 at 13:50
Oooooo, can you give a special salute at Woodford Green station ( central line) for me?
I remember people doing this a couple of years ago. It takes a huge amount of planning. I was tempted to do it myself as I do actually like the underground
15/11/2012 at 13:52
Solb, I use a mixture of shopping locally, doing the big stuff online and making Mr by eck help with the supermarket.
I don't mind doing it really but it is hard work with moo and no car...
15/11/2012 at 14:00

I probably won't be there tbh, I tend to skip the extremities as a supporter.

15/11/2012 at 14:36
Do you live in London bear?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.