Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,781 to 2,800 of 6,055 messages
13/11/2012 at 18:13

Yay just chased up my new drugs, good job I did too. The prescription should be ready to pick up tomorrow

13/11/2012 at 18:15

YAY!!!!!!!!! 

13/11/2012 at 18:18

Oooo I think I might try that - could you lot nag/cheerlead? Maybe I could pick tasks for each day?

Tbh I think part of the issue is that in most cases it doesn't actually matter if they're not done.  I wish I had some minis to play with as that would be something I couldn't just not do. The psych keeps are going to send me details of some volunteer thing locally, maybe that'll help.

Okay - tonight's task is to sort out my pills and to look through the DLA thingymajig that arrived by post

13/11/2012 at 18:22

I'm always happy to nag and cheerlead honey  

Sure the voluntary thing will help once it's sorted out, those sorts of things always seem to take ages - are you allowed to self refer or is there a way you could chase it up?

13/11/2012 at 18:33

Right that's pills sorted to get your pom poms out (oo-er!)

That's something I've been putting off but took all of ten minutes!

I'm not sure if I can self-refer - I imagine I've already been referred so it might not speed things up.

I have a busy Friday organised helping out some friends who are doing a chairty thing on the tubes

Edited: 13/11/2012 at 18:35
13/11/2012 at 18:39

yay that all sounds really positive bear, brilliant 

13/11/2012 at 18:47

I think volunteer work would be good - I'd like to be back at work but I think I'd just flump in a heap. It's odd seeing life going on and sort of watching from the outside

13/11/2012 at 18:54

It won't be forever little bear, it is a horrible feeling though. I hate feeling like I'm just drifting

13/11/2012 at 18:57

Thanks lovely

The support from you peeps really helps

13/11/2012 at 19:26

(((Bear))) 

right Pacman time, I've forgotten to eat today 

13/11/2012 at 19:33

Naughty SOLB

I'm not convinced I'd qualify for DLA, not sure what they were on about.  I'll call them up tomorrow.  So that's my other thing ticked off

13/11/2012 at 20:06

I'm trying to think of a better phrase than drifting - I know exactly what you mean but tbh I feel more like we're recovering in preparation for the next step sorta thing

13/11/2012 at 22:44
:'(
13/11/2012 at 22:51
That sounds more positive. I've decided on my next step I just need to research it.
Helping SOLBtitchysis collect her car tomorrow though.

Oh by eck honey what's up? (((by eck)))
13/11/2012 at 22:52

What's up by 'eck?

13/11/2012 at 23:02
Our babysitter told us tonight she can't babysit anymore. We have music rehearsals on a,Tuesday nd she's done it for over a year now. I'm gutted cos there's no-one else. It was getting expensive but it gave me contact with adults. I'm sure it doesn't seem a huge thing but we've battled to find a reliable babysitter who is prepared to look after moo
13/11/2012 at 23:07
poor darling it sounds like a pretty big thing if it's your chance to just be you and get a break. I really, really hope you find someone to watch the lovely little ones
13/11/2012 at 23:15

Oh that's horrible BE   I also hope you find someone else, that contact is important.

SOLB next step with what hun?

13/11/2012 at 23:36
I'm hoping to carry on with trauma and ocd therapy and training for the salisbury 10 in march in the short term.
I'm going to put in an application to study chemistry, maths, biology (and/or physics) at a level with a view to going back to uni.
I don't want to do law again and I need to prove to myself I can study before I try another undergraduate course any way.
I had attempted to go back to college the Sept before last but I couldn't cope with that and the homelessness stuff and hadn't been well enough to start with really (was too paranoid to leave the house for 12 weeks before term started)
I'm much stronger now and I've found a better college more suited to adult learners. I don't know about funding though so need to do some research.
(obviously I'd only go if Vicky and Sally agreed)
13/11/2012 at 23:40

That sounds brilliant sweetie

I'm off to bed now - sleep tight all x

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.