Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

2,801 to 2,820 of 6,055 messages
14/11/2012 at 09:36
Morning all. Moo and I are having a quiet day, trying to catch up on housework and cuddles.
Bear, did the duvet get sorted?
Solb, that sounds like a good plan. What do you want to study at uni?
14/11/2012 at 12:03
Is anyone here? Do I need to prod suspicious looking bundles again and break out the fried egg sandwiches
14/11/2012 at 12:05

I could murder a fried egg sandwich!

14/11/2012 at 12:11
Oooo breakfast!
14/11/2012 at 13:07
Do you want butter on your bread?
These are proper free range eggs. The yolks are a beautiful golden colour. Really rich and tasty.
14/11/2012 at 13:20
Please can I have mine scrambled? #fussyfriend

Ooo I love eggs like that, the colour is amazing!

I'm in Reading picking a car up with my little sister ... feel really, really sick
14/11/2012 at 13:23
What kind of sick Solb? Vomity, poorly or emotionally?
Do you like a little bit of salt nd pepper with your eggs? Moo loves scrambled egg and smoked salmon on cheese bread. I know!
The hens,are very happy. I often see them on my run.
14/11/2012 at 14:54

Ooooh SOLB don't vom in Titchy's car!

14/11/2012 at 19:23

Bit quiet on here this afternoon/evening

Just picked up my new pills and I'm going through my post.  The psych has referred me to the activities/volunteer organisation but irritatingly has sent the form to me to fill in my address (which she has as she sent it to me) and I have then to send it back to another department in the same building.  In other words if she'd just copied the address the referral could already be with them grrr!

14/11/2012 at 19:30
Bear, I understand your frustration! Mr by eck went to pick up moo's prescription last night and it wasn't ready. The whole thing weighs over 20kg so there is no way I can do it without the car. We've nearly run out and I have been badgering everyone to have a couple of bottles ready tomorrow afternoon to pick up. Otherwise we are scuppered nd I will be very very very cross.
Bear, what kind of volunteer work do you want to do?
14/11/2012 at 19:49

That's quite a package BE - I've seen older people with massive bags at my pharamacist.  My pharmacist is good and as long as it's something I usually have they'll let me have a sheet of pills while the GP surgery catches up.

I'm not sure what volunteer work I want to do - I just think some sort of activity rather than sitting around would be good and maybe help rebuild my confidence.  I could help out with IT training, serving/preparing food etc.  Once my job has officially fionished at the start of December then I can do teaching anatomy at my old uni which would have the same benefits (more so probably) but perhaps a little more stressful but you only sign up for one couple of hours session at a time so if the first one was too much I wouldn't have to do any more.  Hopefully it wouldn't come to that though

How was your day?

14/11/2012 at 20:04
Teaching anatomy? Can you teach me so I can keep up with the drs!
14/11/2012 at 22:22

Sounds positive guys. I still feel poorly but not too bad after some spotty cuddles. I'm not really sure whether it's mental or physical. Been feeling unnaturally drained and nauseous .. I guess I'll find out. It could be pushing it so very, very hard in therapy and being so tired from all the nightmares or it could be the start of a bug. 
I didn't vom in Titchysis' car Bear, I told her you said that though.

I'm going to bed soon, sorry  

14/11/2012 at 22:46
I'm feeling very daring tonight because it is well passed 10pm and I am still downstairs watching tv. Mr by eck didn't get home until 10pm and then I fed him and we started watching Grey's anatomy.
Solb, take proper care of yourself. Just as a long run takes it out of your body and you need a rest/easy day, your brain also needs an easy day aftersomething like therapy
14/11/2012 at 22:51

Aww I like that you're feeling daring rebel by eck!! 
I know you're right by eck, I''m pushing things a bit hard cos I'm frightened if I don't make the most of feeling more like myself I'll regret it when it disappears again.

14/11/2012 at 22:55
Of course I'm never guilty of that Solb......
15/11/2012 at 00:55

I am such a pillock sometimes I've been exhausted all day and now I'm avoiding going to bed 

15/11/2012 at 09:09
Did you get to sleep Solb? I must admit to feeling pretty rotten this morning. We didn't go to bed and get settled until nearly midnight. That's too late for me
15/11/2012 at 10:37

Morning peeps!

Hope you slept ok when you finally went SOLB, you pillock!!

15/11/2012 at 10:59
Morning bear. What's on the cards for today?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.