Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,041 to 3,060 of 6,061 messages
20/11/2012 at 22:14

I can manage fine if I eat a proper breakfast and lunch it's just when I don't eat properly in the day. I haven't shaken the habit of not having 'unhealthy' foods in the house though I know that I need to. I will get there. Have got a lemon yoghurt, tis quite nice anyone else want one? 

20/11/2012 at 22:17

oooo nom yes please

20/11/2012 at 22:21

can you manage a spoon with your paws bear? 

20/11/2012 at 22:25
He can just lick it out
20/11/2012 at 22:28

I'm quite good with spoons acksherly

20/11/2012 at 22:29
Just not keys on a keyboard?
20/11/2012 at 22:32

*tries to look apologetic while eating all the yoghurt cos Bear is distracted showing off his spoon holding skills* 

Right it's 492 left I'll get a bit of a telling off from Sally about that but I think I'm going to leave it there and make a massive effort for the rest of the week. Sally (CPN) had told me to try to make proper meals so I'll get a cook book out tomorrow and work out what I'll have for the next few days then I can do it without thinking about it and get back on track. I think if I run or gym that will help a lot too cos I'll be hungry just sitting about doesn't help. 

Bear can you use chopsticks? 

20/11/2012 at 22:34

I can but I always lose weight when I do

20/11/2012 at 22:35

Solb, Jamie Oliver's meals on 15 minutes book is excellent. Good food quickly
20/11/2012 at 22:42

Bear

That's a good idea by eck ... I have a couple of cook books here, one from Tea Mouse (who we haven't seen in these parts for a while, you OK mouse?) on cheeeese recipies ... if I get some cheese in they'd be useful for upping intakes on nawty days. I have one that's healthy veggie food, never made anything from it but it shouldn't push me too far outside of my comfort zone and one smassive book from Cocoa Pop with millions of ideas in. 

I'll choose some recipies, buy the ingredients and have a go I think it'll feel weird at first but it's quite exciting too. I've never cared about taste before (cos it only mattered whether it fitted with the rules) it's a really cool journey and eventually I want to try EVERYTHING! I'll stop being veggi as soon as I can manage cos I don't want any rules left even those unrelated to OCD - don't mind if I don't eat it cos I don't like it but I don't want to have anything that I 'can't' eat. That'll be quite a big one though cos I've been a veggie since I was 11. 

20/11/2012 at 22:47
Solb, I will cook for you one day.
Ask your CPN to teach you some mindfulness of food techniques
Mr by eck did it and it helped him lose weight because he learned to appreciate thetaste and texture of food. I think it will help you gain weight becauwe you will learn how good food looks, tastes and feels.
20/11/2012 at 22:48

That's brilliant SOLB

20/11/2012 at 22:54

I think I want to do more cooking - I always used to love cooking but have rather stopped lately because of low mood

First step is to clean up the kitchen so that I can see the work surfaces again

20/11/2012 at 22:56

I don't really need to gain weight, I'd fecked up my metabolism so monumentally that I didn't start losing it until I started eating more (I know that doesn't sound like it can be true, but it really is) I think the anti psychotics affect the way your body makes and stores fat too the mostly I think it was the repetitive accidental fasting. 

I just need to make sure I don't lose too much and get it stable and healthy and nice and normal  

I think appreciating food for something other than whether it conforms to the rules will help loads. I think I'm not bothered about food but then I never do more than the most basic cooking, I don't bother adding sauces or spices or even combining stuff especially ... I was really shocked at all the layers of flavour in Sossidge's butternut squash curry cos I don't cook properly and I've not eaten other people's food for years ..... kinda cool journey I get to go on  

SOLBTitchysis needs some food making for her to take home and put in the freezer cos she can't stand and cook after her knee operation so if it's not horrific I can help her too  

20/11/2012 at 22:59

We can cheerlead with kitchen ... I wonder if it's best to get some order first. I move all the washing up to one space, then throw away any rubbish. Give the sink and draining board a quick clean then do the washing up followed by the satisfying magic wipe down of the sides (which makes everything so much better) then I clean the cooker...I suspect it doesn't matter which order you do it (within reason) but having smaller jobs within the whole that you can tick off and achieve makes it easier if you are feeling a bit overwhelmed. Wish we could help 

20/11/2012 at 23:01

I am building my new "to do" list - just wish I could get up more easily but I lie in a daze then all of a sudden something clicks and I feel compelled to get up.

Yay for my cheerleaders

We can nag about eating stuff (but really I'm just so pleased to see your progress)

20/11/2012 at 23:07

thanks me too, it's not that I have nothing left to fight but after so long of fighting and fighting and feeling like I was getting nowhere all of us sudden everything is just clicking into place. I feel like the real me behind all the difficulties in life and in the psychiatric stuff is just so much stronger. I feel like I know who I am at last. The nicest bit of all is that I'm able to be real Solb with the mini's who I've barely wanted to see for the last 18 months cos pretending to be me was just too exhausting. 

I still can't get my head around how much better I am. I don't mind that I'll still have all the little battles to fight, it's just so amazing to be me fighting them  

20/11/2012 at 23:10

Ooo it's late. I had better get to bed 

Night night all, 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

20/11/2012 at 23:18

Night lovely xxxxxxxx

21/11/2012 at 08:08
Reads back over the posts from yesterday and beams with pride.

I was contemplating cancelling Alice tonight because moo is poorly and I feel yuck and tbh, I'm scared. But your messages of hope and encouragement made me realise that I really need to grasp this opportunity.

Bear, I need to declutter my kitchen ( and house) but it's a huge task with moo 'helping'. Lots of the stuff belongs to Mr by eck ( it's part of his AS) so it's really really tough to do much.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.