Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,061 to 3,080 of 6,029 messages
21/11/2012 at 19:12

Since we're on a music theme I play guitar.  Not as well now since I broke my wrist two years ago as I can't get into some positions properly but I used to play just sub music college pieces and could probably have gone down that route if I'd wanted to learn all the music theory and try and be a music pro.  Not that much call for it unless you're absolutely tip top as it's not a standard orchestral instrument.

Just off out to the shops

21/11/2012 at 19:15
Has mental of pictures of bear trying to contort himself around his guitar.
21/11/2012 at 20:02

Oh well that killed the conversation!

Back from the shops where I managed to get an adaptor which was another of my to do list tasks

21/11/2012 at 20:12
What time do your shops shut bear???
21/11/2012 at 20:20

This was B&Q which stays open until 9pm most nights.  Quite surprised it's worth it for them as I seemed to be the only person in there (although I couldn't see too well due to the aisles).

21/11/2012 at 22:30
Daddy by eck looked after mok and his sister tonight so I could see Alice. He thinks I need to take moo to the drs tomorrow
In other news, I got a big gold star from Alice for my homework. She has now set me a huge piece for 2 weeks time.
Bear, some people can only shop at night and certainly don't want to go at weekends.
Does anyone fancy giving me a hand folding sheets tomorrow? I tried on my own today and got into a muddle.
21/11/2012 at 23:55
I'll help
Ooo I'm afraid I don't listen to enough music. I absolutely love it but the only place I had felt safe enough to listen to it was the car (cos I feel a need to be able to hear what's happening all the time, I hate being snuck up on or not being able to identify sound) I'm getting better, I sometimes take music running and have even listened a couple of times at the gym. Having been without music for so many years it doesn't cross my mind to put any on even if I do feel safe enough. I spend a lot of time in silence.
I've done much better eating today +1 calorie from min
I like hearing all the secret skills and experiences.
Glad you did so well with Alice and that you were brave enough to go. Hope the doc can help little Moo tomorrow

Ps I have hiccups o_O
21/11/2012 at 23:56
Oh and Bear hope that alarm is set!
22/11/2012 at 07:27
BOOOO!
22/11/2012 at 07:28
Hope that helped Solb
Well done for reaching calories @+1

Are you awake yet bear?
22/11/2012 at 08:17

'lo peeps I'm up!

Wasn't that hard, but then I had to ring to book a doc's appointment to renew my sickness certificate.  I can do it when I have something to do it for!

22/11/2012 at 08:21

Where's SOLB this morning anyway

*jumps up and down on SOLB's bed*

22/11/2012 at 08:29
Bear, she usually responds to a mug of tea.
Well done for ggetting up. Moo is also off to the drs today. Mr by eck is working from home because the trains aren't working. How much stress can a girl take
22/11/2012 at 08:43

*wafts mug of tea in SOLB's direction*

Sounds like a busy day for you by 'eck

22/11/2012 at 09:21

Soz I went quiet last night - crashed and burned with a mahoosive headache.

Well done on the feedback, By Eck and good luck with the next lot of homework!
Glad you were able to phone the docs, Bear - it can't have been fun. But on the other hand the day gets better from here

Is there anything else you can do with music other than guitar, Bear? It was my hand surgery that halted my career as a flautist (not that I would ever have made it!) and my BA still needed me to do a recital to pass the first year of the course, so I had to sing instead. I would never have known that I could learn to sing had that not happened (and then I would never have met the ex, so double edged sword and all that  )

22/11/2012 at 09:48
* whispers - I used to play the piano to grade 8+ standard*

Frodo, if you hadn't met your ex and had things go wrong you wouldn't know how wonderful Mr Frodo is
22/11/2012 at 10:06

Oooo tea

Well done bear, step one done!

I played flute too (grade 8 but no +!) I had more passion than technical skill, haven't played for over 10 years though. Quite a musical bunch really, I know Sossidge has a musical background and still plays and sings.

Frodo must have been really astounding to suddenly realise you could sing. I can't sing to save my life. My singing is so awful I have to have the car stereo loud enough so that I can't hear my own voice otherwise I'll put myself off with my wailing! 

I had cereal for breakfast without too much angst so I'm hoping that means the food wobble is getting better. 

22/11/2012 at 10:07

(I don't get notifications for our thread anymore so I don't always know when you guys are around )

22/11/2012 at 10:30

Back from the doc's - that went okay I guess although he did think it a bit funny that I didn't want it any longer than I'm employed by work, but I want to go and teach anatomy and stuff so don't want to be signed off for months on end.

Also nearly spent £20 I didn't need to - I want to use my speakers with my laptop as it's my main pooter now but couldn't find the bit where they plug in so I tried to buy some USB speakers.  Fortunately the guy in the shop talked me out of it and said the laptop must have a speaker socket and sure enough I've found it now

Well done on the cereal SOLB

I wonder if I could play flute, it's not too loud which is good as I live in a flat.  I like the flute sound. The main thing I can't do with my left wrist is do the sort of move you make when you hold it out to take change - it's always tilted a bit towards the middle.  It's just occurred to me I could learn to play left handed, although going back to scratch again would be blooming hard work!

Must post off my sickness certificate

22/11/2012 at 11:12
Moo has an ear infection in his hearing ear. 2nd one in 3 weeks
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.