Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,081 to 3,100 of 6,055 messages
21/11/2012 at 18:08
Hello everyone

If you would like any choral music recommendations, I might be able to help - I was a choral scholar at university
21/11/2012 at 18:16

Evening Frodo - that sounds good, my collection so far doesn't extend beyond Eric Whitacre (although I'm very happy with that).  How are you getting on hun?

My to doing is progressing well, although I seem to be dodging about between tasks quite a lot so not completely finishing one before starting another.  It's all progress but it's making crossing things off a bit tricky!

21/11/2012 at 18:25
Which uni? Mr by eck was a cathedral chorister ( sniggers), and moo's godfather is an orchestral musician. Means I get loads of music stuff bandied around, and access to a great music library. But all music recommendations gratefully received
.Bear, do you need to break things down a bit more?
21/11/2012 at 18:32

Possibly - or maybe differently.  I had on my list to clear one worksurface bit at a time but what happens was I fetched the recycling bin and it made sense to clear all recycling in the kitchen at once which was productive even though it didn't finish off any individual worksurface.  It's that sort of thing

21/11/2012 at 18:33
Ahhh, I know what you mean. To do lists can be adjusted
21/11/2012 at 18:39
I was at Trinity Music College for five years and was at Nottingham University as a scholar. Ex-husband was Kings choral scholar and professional countertenor. I was a coloratura soprano (though desperately wanted to be a ballsy Wagnerian-type) so was pimped out around the Midlands every Easter for the Allegri top Cs
21/11/2012 at 18:40
I tend to put things I've already done on my to-do lists so I can cross them off straight away
21/11/2012 at 18:46
Frodo, don't be embarrassed, I do that too!
Mr by eck was at Winchester. Not many ginger choristers. He got to record spem in alium. ( find a good recording bear and wallow in the sound).
Frodo, moo sat and watched the allegri 3 times today. That moment when the soprano just rises above the other soloists obviously touched him because his jaw opened! Why did you give it up?
21/11/2012 at 18:55
I was only a singer by accident (first study flautist) but I got divorced. No way I could keep going and not run into the ex - too small a world.
I actually pretty much destroyed my voice after that through coxing. But I don't regret it at all; sport is way more fun
21/11/2012 at 18:59

I do that too Frodo

Wow I didn't know you had that background Frodo - amazing stuff!

21/11/2012 at 19:04
It's a very small world. I can imagine that would make things difficult. Singing isn't compatible with shouting, smoking, drinking or other noisy pursuits. Do you do any music now?

Since it seems to be a day of discovering things, is there anything you think we don't know about you bear?
21/11/2012 at 19:12

Since we're on a music theme I play guitar.  Not as well now since I broke my wrist two years ago as I can't get into some positions properly but I used to play just sub music college pieces and could probably have gone down that route if I'd wanted to learn all the music theory and try and be a music pro.  Not that much call for it unless you're absolutely tip top as it's not a standard orchestral instrument.

Just off out to the shops

21/11/2012 at 19:15
Has mental of pictures of bear trying to contort himself around his guitar.
21/11/2012 at 20:02

Oh well that killed the conversation!

Back from the shops where I managed to get an adaptor which was another of my to do list tasks

21/11/2012 at 20:12
What time do your shops shut bear???
21/11/2012 at 20:20

This was B&Q which stays open until 9pm most nights.  Quite surprised it's worth it for them as I seemed to be the only person in there (although I couldn't see too well due to the aisles).

21/11/2012 at 22:30
Daddy by eck looked after mok and his sister tonight so I could see Alice. He thinks I need to take moo to the drs tomorrow
In other news, I got a big gold star from Alice for my homework. She has now set me a huge piece for 2 weeks time.
Bear, some people can only shop at night and certainly don't want to go at weekends.
Does anyone fancy giving me a hand folding sheets tomorrow? I tried on my own today and got into a muddle.
21/11/2012 at 23:55
I'll help
Ooo I'm afraid I don't listen to enough music. I absolutely love it but the only place I had felt safe enough to listen to it was the car (cos I feel a need to be able to hear what's happening all the time, I hate being snuck up on or not being able to identify sound) I'm getting better, I sometimes take music running and have even listened a couple of times at the gym. Having been without music for so many years it doesn't cross my mind to put any on even if I do feel safe enough. I spend a lot of time in silence.
I've done much better eating today +1 calorie from min
I like hearing all the secret skills and experiences.
Glad you did so well with Alice and that you were brave enough to go. Hope the doc can help little Moo tomorrow

Ps I have hiccups o_O
21/11/2012 at 23:56
Oh and Bear hope that alarm is set!
22/11/2012 at 07:27
BOOOO!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.