Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,281 to 3,300 of 6,029 messages
27/11/2012 at 22:39
Hey LR
Running is a wonderful tool for improving mental health but its an impressive way of heaping the guilt on too!
I'm hoping to try getting out for a run tomorrow, has been a few weeks so I am nervous but I am hoping to just get out.
Massive respect for running with groups, I always want to but I'm too chicken. I do the driving somewhere then being unable to get out of the car thing too, I rarely get into the gym without a 45 min battle hiding in the car first.
Hi SCaz, nice to see you here.
Frodo, awwwwwwwwwwwww! Oh and huge well done on the run home
How's Moo by eck, has the threat of hospital diminished?
Is mummybear home now? Have you got back to your list or is everything a bit crazy still?
Sorry for being quiet have had a horrible mood crash but I think I'm partly just really lonely cos I hadnt seen anyone for a week with the virus raging.
I bumped into someone from an old job today, he was really nasty about me behind my back at the time and today he put on this massive fake 'lovely to see you routine' I feel really shaken by it but I don't know why
28/11/2012 at 08:45

Good Morning

ive been on a few different forums on here but just found this one. i have suffered from depression and anxiety for several years now resulting in a couple of 'breakdowns' but now im getting on the other side of it.

ive found running to be a wonderful tool and have been writing a blog on it @

TheRunningFella.wordpress.com

28/11/2012 at 09:03
Morning bricki, welcome!
28/11/2012 at 09:33
Hi Bricki
*waves enthusiastically*
I've just invited DaddySOLB to come and watch the new James Bond with me this afternoon. Am regretting it already but he gets lonely being home alone and I'm definitely lonely so in theory it's a good idea.
28/11/2012 at 09:39
Well done Solb.
It's good to hear from you. Little moo and I are getting cabin fever. He should be well enough for nursery on Friday tho
28/11/2012 at 10:46

Hi all, (welcome LR & Bricki)

Sorry I've not popped in for a while, been lurking a little. I move house tomorrow and then start my new job on Monday and it's a bit stressful.

Why are you regretting going to see the cinema SOLB? It's a pretty good film (I'm guessing that's not the issue).

I keep reading about your baking By Eck, it makes me hungry! Hopefully Little moo will be better soon.

Peace and love,

28/11/2012 at 11:48
The chime bars are being rehomed
28/11/2012 at 12:16

Are they like Dime Bars?  I can rehome those in my tummy!

Welcome Bricki and LR

28/11/2012 at 12:30
Sadly not. They make a noise when hit. The music teacher at the local infant school was thrilled. They have moved house with us several times.
I have also sorted some post into shredding, recycling and RTS
28/11/2012 at 12:49

RTS?

28/11/2012 at 13:05
Return to sender. Either for precious occupants or because we don't want/need to be on the mailing list. Saves lots of time in the long run
28/11/2012 at 13:15

mummyBear is coming home

28/11/2012 at 13:18
Woohoo. I have some soup, bread and cake for her bear. Do you want it now or later? It's made with extra special get better soon ingredients.
Little moo is getting better. Iit's a noisy, tiring process as the steroids make him rather lively.
28/11/2012 at 13:23

Ooooh later please

Good news re Moo

28/11/2012 at 13:38
Yup. Made some phone calls today too so I have done my 3 things
28/11/2012 at 21:21
Hi Ben-o
I'm glad you popped in I've been wondering how you are. All that moving and stuff sound stressful indeed. Are you happy about the new job?
Welcome home MummyBear
The cinema was great, its stressful taking DaddySOLB out cos he doesn't like his routine being shaken up, hates being in public and gets bored and grumpy really quickly. I always end up feeling responsible .... happily DaddySOLB loved it, the film is brilliant.
I started hallucinating (audio) last night. It's not a proper relapse it's just the fallout from being unable to keep my meds down all week. I'm a bit sad, cos the voices are horrible, and it means they aren't fixed under the meds and I had thought they would be. Can't run away cos the bug is no where near as better as I thought.
On the plus side I still feel tons better when I'm not trying to push it so hard
Glad little Moo seems to be on the mend.

Early night tonight I think
28/11/2012 at 21:22
Woo hoo to your 3 things!
28/11/2012 at 21:57
Hey Solb. I'm sure your dad appreciated you taking him out tonight. I can understand the lonely feeling. Feeling poorly affects how well the meds work so be z little gentle on yourself.
28/11/2012 at 22:13
Dad is perfectly mobile he could take himself out but he hasn't been to the cinema since there were news reels he was cross about all the adverts instead I think he had a point 30 mins of mega loud adverts was a bit excessive. The film really was brilliant though. I think it'll have to be boring golf next time though

I'm really gutted about the voices and they seem extra specially malicious but I am managing to remember that its just temporary
28/11/2012 at 22:20
well done
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.