Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,321 to 3,340 of 6,029 messages
29/11/2012 at 21:48

Thanks

29/11/2012 at 22:04
Tomorrow I have so much cooking to do while moo is at nursery. My concern is he will be poorly and not go, or get sent home for being poorly
29/11/2012 at 22:11

Was all changed and ready to go running with a group tonight but thought better of it.  Thursday night is, for some reason, one that generally only the faster runners go to so it puts me off.  I just have to have someone slower than me there or I just feel I'm doing rubbish - and there aren't as many of them around as I'd like.  Decided that as I've got a day off tomorrow and it's looking good weatherwise will aim to get out for a run on my own.  Don't know if I'll make it but even having the intention to is a positive step as lately any time I've not been at work I've just not wanted to get out of bed.  Of course it's the same if I am at work but I have to get up.

29/11/2012 at 22:13
Good luck, LR - it should be beautiful tomorrow
29/11/2012 at 22:25
Good luck LR, I like Christmas tree spotting when I run at night
Hi Frodo how are you hen
Sleep time finally. Zzzzzzzz
29/11/2012 at 22:25

Thanks Frodo.  Enjoyed the 'kitten' therapy.  Maybe that was the breakthrough!

29/11/2012 at 22:36

Bah humbug!  I always moan about Christmas decorations appearing in November.  Trouble is my excuse runs out after tomorrow. 

29/11/2012 at 23:43
Good luck for tomorrow LR and By Eck
Kitten therapy Frodo

I out positived the voices today. Am absolutely shattered but I won a massive battle. I've never managed to keep smiling and positive all day while they've been raging before. They were really vicious ... and reeeeally impotent! (I can't do it again tomorrow I'm too drained but I don't mind, so thrilled I bought a whole day back from the voices with positive coping strategies)

Tired solby
29/11/2012 at 23:52

Good for you SOLB.  Keep battling on.

30/11/2012 at 08:35

Morning All

Bricki - the name is basically because i looked like a builder who was building the new 6th form. That doesnt mean i wasn't a hellraiser in school though

i published a new piece on my running/depression blog last night http://www.therunningfella.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/technique-is-the-key-to-the-lock/

basically saying we need techniques and constant refinements to stay at our best in life.

30/11/2012 at 09:05
Wow Bricki that's a heck of a way to acquire perspective! I like the way it's translating (though I'm sorely tempted to respond in a dreadful German accent )

I quite like the origins of Bricki that's cute

I was never massively popular in school, I was a bit of an ugly duckling.

I have a meeting with Sally today (my CPN). I have no OCD progress to report. I have stopped the food wobble from undoing progress which is great but I didn't make any 'proper' meals, though I have the ingredients for two recipes, and I haven't moved any cup handles on the draining board from their military style uniform direction.

I'm going to ask Sally if we can swap breaking washing up rituals for trying to swim I just don't feel ready for washing up ... though if Sally feels it is a cop out I shall of course persevere *game face*
30/11/2012 at 09:24
3:43 today.
Sleep time soon.
Solb, could you play washing up with Solbsismini and her toys to get used to the idea before trying it on your adult stuff
30/11/2012 at 09:35
Ooo thats a brilliant idea by eck I hadn't thought of that. Definitely worth a shot mini would love the excuse to play with some water and I'm sure the tea set could do with a wash ... especially if we were planning a tea party with all the toys I might have to stretch to baking some tiny cakes and scones n stuff.
30/11/2012 at 09:39

SOLB

Thank you - The german accent was very funny at the time (and awful)

its amazing how Bricki has stuck with me - everyone calls it me now.

30/11/2012 at 09:40
let me know how it goes. How old is mini? I have used play with the children to help me work on the stuff j found hard. Are there lots of rules surrounding washing up? ( PM me if you would prefer)
30/11/2012 at 09:46
Bricki, the audit team I worked for had an auditor out in Mumbai during that time too. I pulled many late nights trying to find him somewhere safe, get information on what was happening and keep his family updated. Fortunately he had lived in India and Pakistan for many years before coming back to England and was incredibly well looked after.
Your blog is very thought provoking, thank you
30/11/2012 at 09:48
Yes a ridiculous number it takes somewhere between 2 and 3 hours to wash up. No I don't mind being open here

Solbsismini is 4 (5 in April) and Solbsisminimini is 18 months
30/11/2012 at 10:37
Haha it has evolved, what better way to celebrate your 29th than to have a Mad Hatters tea party with the minis and their toys
30/11/2012 at 13:27

Wish you were a year older SOLB, I found a perfect card!

30/11/2012 at 13:49
I thought you were older than me Solb
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.