Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

321 to 340 of 6,062 messages
23/04/2012 at 20:30
Sadly not being able to choose socks was a sign of how poorly I was. I was so worried about making the wrong decision that I didn't make any.
CPN's are, on the whole, not worth the effort. They move around too much, are so full of book learning or years of what is wrong with the system that they forget we are people too.
23/04/2012 at 20:51
Aww darling that's tough, so glad things have improved for you.

I've only had one CPN before this one and she was lovely. We were stuck in a bit of a rut but she did her best. This one was really rubbish but he's a manager not a proper CPN, he was too busy (and too callous.) Am hoping that I can make some progress with the new person.

It's horrible that you had such a hard time with the CMHT. I was told today that they are being rebranded Recovery Centres (sounds like corporate bullsh*t but we'll see.)
23/04/2012 at 20:58
(offers SOLB the use of her Tibbles cat to stroke)
If my daughter were here, she would tell you that all people have things in their lives that worry them, but it is the strong and wise people who talk about them.
Moo (my son) would probably climb onto your lap, put his cheek against yours, and stroke your back as he murmured 'ahhhh'
23/04/2012 at 21:07
Your family sound wonderful by 'eck, an 'ahhh' some very wise words and a purring cuddle sound pretty idyllic right now.

I'm so relieved today is done, I was so busy feeling vulnerable and carp after therapy I forgot to notice how good it is that the meeting is done and that the therapist and OT are so firmly on my side

I am very tired but bed feels a bit lonely tonight
23/04/2012 at 21:23
Everyone needs a teddy. Seriously, it is proven to help poorly children and babies. Even animals will curl up with something
Glad your meeting went well and you can now move forward
23/04/2012 at 21:28

Recovery centres? That's ridiculous, but unsurprising.

By Eck,  you're family sound lovely and your daughter is very wise herself!

I'm glad the meeting went well today SOLB and that you noticed the positives, I'm terrible for that.

23/04/2012 at 21:37
Next time I get a teddy I'll try not to sacrifice it to spotty dog *feels guilty about teddy's last 30 minutes* Perhaps my hugless state is my punishment for it's terrible ordeal.

It is ridiculous Ben-o if I hadn't been staring at my trainers any way I'd have had to look away to hide the smirk. Hope they aren't wasting pennies they could spend helping people to recover on rebranding all the stationary!

23/04/2012 at 21:46
Nope, teddies are very forgiving. That might be a nice expedition for you and your niece when you feel better - to buy auntie SOLB a soft cuddly teddy
23/04/2012 at 21:57
Aww that would be cute; I do have a very cool singamijig that my niece gave me but he's very noisy in bed!
23/04/2012 at 22:18
I could try and knit something
23/04/2012 at 22:23
23/04/2012 at 22:30
23/04/2012 at 22:32
23/04/2012 at 22:45
SOLB, that is class! What colour is yours?
23/04/2012 at 22:51
The red one pictured, he is very cool. Big niece has two, yellow and purple. Little niece doesn't have any yet but will need some soon. We love our singamiwidges (cute niece's pronunciation Google prefers singamajig)
24/04/2012 at 20:12
Well today was a blimming disaster, how did you guys fare?
24/04/2012 at 21:15

I did some stuff, I didn't do some stuff. But the day's not over yet!

What happened today SOLB?

24/04/2012 at 22:17
More stuff still to do Ben-o or just chilling out now? Could you do the washing up for me while you're up? Cheers

I met up with someone today, talked about the last few weeks. He thought I was exaggerating - he was very diplomatic about it but I'm offended. It'll be fine, doesn't matter really - just one of those days where it would have been better if I hadn't got out of bed!

On the plus side I went to the dentist and tolerated the instruments and stuff in my mouth (I thought it might be too difficult) my poor chipped tooth isn't anywhere like as bad as I feared - just need to go back next week to get it fixed

I am off to yoga (at the loony bin) tomorrow, will report back on the success of my upside down tree dogginess tomorrow
24/04/2012 at 22:33
Remember not to laugh when someone lets rip
24/04/2012 at 22:33

At least a couple more hours work, I'm a night owl. As for washing up...I'm too busy doing things, may be another time?

Exaggerating? What a d***. Some people, at some times, can't deal with other people's stories of suffering. So by saying you're "exaggerating" he distances himself from you and (more importantly) the emotion it would take for him to acknowledge your distress. Not getting out of bed wouldn't have changed that.

Good job on the dentist and that's good news about the tooth.

Have fun at yoga, it's supposed to be good for runners.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.