Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,481 to 3,500 of 6,029 messages
07/12/2012 at 07:31

Good Morning All

LR - You're taking a great step forward there, when i decided to admit to my office the issues i was dealing with it was nervy as first but the acceptance comes very quickly. it was the best thing i did to be honest and know i feel able to help others understand and also had belief to right my blog. Good Luck but im sure you wont need it.

Need to find something to do tonight but not sure what yet - dont really want to sit around just watching tv.

07/12/2012 at 07:39

and on a 'funny' note... i really must stop dreaming about people i know in inappropriate situations :-/

07/12/2012 at 07:44
* runs in screaming* Arrrrrrrrrregggggggfgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

* runs out again to look for the thermometer and calpol*
07/12/2012 at 07:49

Hi By 'eck

Bye By 'eck

07/12/2012 at 08:48

Oo-er Bricki, don't know if you should tell us more there or not!

The office is another issue for me.  Possible phase 2 of the plan - but I'm sure phase 1 is the right way to go.

Don't know what to suggest for a Friday night if it's not TV.  I shall be out on a social for most of the day.  Risking mixing alcohol with the ad's again.  I've been OK so far but this is more of a session today.  Will have to take it easy.

07/12/2012 at 09:00

It would be like opening Pandoras Box

LR - i decided to give up alcohol completely - just short of 12 months now. i'm sure you'll have a good time, just try and enjoy yourself

07/12/2012 at 09:01
Make sure you have plenty to eat LR. Also, make sure you take your meds at the right time today and tomorrow. Mr by eck gets more screwed up by that than ths alcohol.
Friday night is a good time to plan the weekend and week ahead. Means that Saturday morning doesn't feel wasted because yohe are trying to decide what to do.
07/12/2012 at 09:11

Thanks for the advice.  I don't think I'd give up alcohol but I would certainly like to reduce my intake - not that it's that's bad I should point out. 

Panic over By eck?

07/12/2012 at 09:18
Well, one poorly child is off yo school but moo is still running a temp
07/12/2012 at 09:22

Oh dear.  Lucky for them they've got you to look after them.

07/12/2012 at 09:29

LR - yeah it was just a personal thing with regards to the alcohol.

07/12/2012 at 10:24
Howdy all
I seem to have spent most of the last few days being asleep or lazy but I suspect the tiredness stems from not doing enough (and I feel really fat) so operation running and gym recommences - I did an asthma questionaire for the docs and it indicates it is badly controlled which explains the constant fear of not being able to run and breathe simultaneously!
Hope phase 1 of the plan goes well, it worked well for me too but I think some caution is a good idea.
I don't drink often because I don't like to feel out of control even a little bit but when I do I don't think the meds make much difference though it's not advised to mix them.
07/12/2012 at 10:24

Meds taken and getting ready to go.  Gonna walk into town - takes about 50 mins.  Won't risk a bus today as roads are likely to be gridlocked.  A lot of people heading this way this weekend.  I'm off in the opposite direction for today at least.

07/12/2012 at 10:26
Oh I was trying to attach a virtual get well soon card drawn in paint but it won't let me
07/12/2012 at 12:05
I have all my birthday cards up, take that OCD! I think I might try to have a Christmas tree this year
07/12/2012 at 12:27

^^ I need to be able to "like" that last post, SOLB

07/12/2012 at 12:37

Yay - we want pictures when you do SOLB

07/12/2012 at 12:53

SOLB thats tremendous!!!

07/12/2012 at 15:46
Don't do it until tomorrow Solb
Moo has been poorly on and off today but is at nursery. I have made a fish pie, cleaned the kitchen floor, bought a christening card and present and marzipanned the Christmas cakes.
07/12/2012 at 18:07

I can't do it until after the mad hatter's tea party tomorrow anyway, might be a job for after my last ever therapy session with Vicky on Monday  . I am quite excited in a scaredy cat kinda way. I will post pictures when I manage to get one up though and you can all admire my festive clutter  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.