Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,521 to 3,540 of 6,062 messages
07/12/2012 at 09:22

Oh dear.  Lucky for them they've got you to look after them.

07/12/2012 at 09:29

LR - yeah it was just a personal thing with regards to the alcohol.

07/12/2012 at 10:24
Howdy all
I seem to have spent most of the last few days being asleep or lazy but I suspect the tiredness stems from not doing enough (and I feel really fat) so operation running and gym recommences - I did an asthma questionaire for the docs and it indicates it is badly controlled which explains the constant fear of not being able to run and breathe simultaneously!
Hope phase 1 of the plan goes well, it worked well for me too but I think some caution is a good idea.
I don't drink often because I don't like to feel out of control even a little bit but when I do I don't think the meds make much difference though it's not advised to mix them.
07/12/2012 at 10:24

Meds taken and getting ready to go.  Gonna walk into town - takes about 50 mins.  Won't risk a bus today as roads are likely to be gridlocked.  A lot of people heading this way this weekend.  I'm off in the opposite direction for today at least.

07/12/2012 at 10:26
Oh I was trying to attach a virtual get well soon card drawn in paint but it won't let me
07/12/2012 at 12:05
I have all my birthday cards up, take that OCD! I think I might try to have a Christmas tree this year
07/12/2012 at 12:27

^^ I need to be able to "like" that last post, SOLB

07/12/2012 at 12:37

Yay - we want pictures when you do SOLB

07/12/2012 at 12:53

SOLB thats tremendous!!!

07/12/2012 at 15:46
Don't do it until tomorrow Solb
Moo has been poorly on and off today but is at nursery. I have made a fish pie, cleaned the kitchen floor, bought a christening card and present and marzipanned the Christmas cakes.
07/12/2012 at 18:07

I can't do it until after the mad hatter's tea party tomorrow anyway, might be a job for after my last ever therapy session with Vicky on Monday  . I am quite excited in a scaredy cat kinda way. I will post pictures when I manage to get one up though and you can all admire my festive clutter  

07/12/2012 at 18:08

(Still haven't done any exercise though and I feel like a massive fat barrage balloon ... I think I'm going to go on a diet until Christmas, don't want to start my new year feeling porky and miserable) 

07/12/2012 at 21:46
My carpet is down and front room almost back up and running
07/12/2012 at 22:10

You will all be pleased to hear that Bear is not longer in my bad books.  He is very kindly loaning me his floor tonight so that I can get to a swim tomorrow morning.  I would have had to get up at about 5am if I had driven from home tomorrow morning.

As for coming out, for me it was very difficult but the more people I tell the easier it becomes.  There have been very few people that have not been supportive and to be honest these were people I had little respect for before I beame ill, because of their other characteristics.

Having said that, my problems are minor and of short duration compared to a lot of people on here and what worked for me might not work for someone else.  You ahve to do what you thinnk is the best thing for you and at the right time in your life when you feel you are ready

07/12/2012 at 22:44
That is very kind of you bear. Now SC, don't go giving bear too many honey treats...
07/12/2012 at 22:55

Well I'm home.  Very drunk I guess.  That's about my heaviest session of the year so I promise to be sensible from now on until this time next year.  Got to get my act together though as I've got friends round next Tuesday for a traditional xmas gathering that we have.  That means I've got to get out tomorrow and get a Christmas tree.  Also, must do so running.  If I don't do it tomorrow I may be asking for encouragement to get myself out on Sunday.

Good to hear bear is forgiven.  No more confusion over that issue anymore!

SOLB - good to hear you're giving the old OCD a kick up the backside.  A xmas tree would really give it good kicking.  Let's do it!

No reply from my friend yet re phase 1 of the plan.  Come on, come on, come on.  It's gotta happen!

07/12/2012 at 23:02

Spoke too soon - reply came through from my friend just as I posted this.  Phase 1 is go!

07/12/2012 at 23:33
Woo hooooo
07/12/2012 at 23:35

07/12/2012 at 23:45

Amazing how much I can sober up in 45 mins.  Progress on phase 1 was obviously very much on my mind when I stumbled in.  Rightly so I guess.  Thanks for the positive feedback.  Hope you guys are OK.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.