Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

341 to 360 of 6,029 messages
25/04/2012 at 23:12
Finished working Ben-o? Not long til we get to have the 'all finished' virtual party (while you snore in the corner) the virtual champagne is chilling as we speak

I got a text today from the guy I saw yesterday, he apologised - said it was just a joke but that he'd missed the mark ... not sure if that's the case but life is way too short for grudges and sorry is still sorry.

I really am off to bed now (have been saying that for about 3 hours) please would you administer a huge kick up the bum if I am faffing about tomorrow I have loads to do & the laziness is getting boring?

Hope everyone manages to get some sleep & you feel OK about this evening by 'eck

Lots of love xxx
25/04/2012 at 23:25

Not finished working. Am panicking a bit, but hopefully I'll sort something out somehow? I've still got 24 hours or so.

SOLB, you're a better person than me for not holding a grudge. I never forgive but I do forget.

Ok, I've got loads to do tomorrow so one of those things shall be kicking you (virtually) until you do stuff.

Hope all's well By Eck.

25/04/2012 at 23:29
I'll pop in tomorrow to remind you to breathe Ben-o ... will be thinking of you frantically finishing tomorrow - sure you'll make it (Will get the virtual pom poms out to cheer you on if you're flagging - though perhaps coffee would be more useful)

x
25/04/2012 at 23:37

Thanks for your thoughts SOLB.

Hopefully I'll just be doing the final touches tomorrow (formatting and such). I need to focus tonight though. Come on boy, be a winner! Go hard or go home! (and other cliches)

25/04/2012 at 23:45
Take care Ben-o, hope you get some sleep x
26/04/2012 at 08:38
*walks in quietly, opens the curtains and puts some tea and toast next to Ben-o, who nodded off on his computer desk, and SOLB in her nest*
26/04/2012 at 08:54
*rubs eyes and sleepily mumbles her thanks*

You ok this morning by 'eck?
Hope you are almost done Ben-o
26/04/2012 at 08:58
Waiting to book a dentist appointment. I have a bad tooth and I know it needs to have been sorted years ago hut I am petrified of dentists
26/04/2012 at 09:00
What's your plan for today SOLB? Moo and I are going for a bimble in town. Fancy joining us for a virtual coffee?
26/04/2012 at 09:14
Oo sounds perfect by 'eck
I have someone coming to stay this weekend I'm nervous I've never had anyone stay over before cos they'll break all the OCD rules. I need to get rid of the old furniture that's in the spare room + wash all the sheets etc. Want to finish painting the bathroom and touch ups elsewhere and I need to return some stuff to my parents.
I have an appointment today but I don't remember what for, where or when - I haven't put my calendar back up since the move in Feb and its getting me into trouble!
Must get food and stuff in for my guest.
I am also ordering my cooker I got a 300 tax rebate so have enough money for the one I really liked but don't know if I can justify spending so much on it when I'm usually so skint ... be interesting to see whether my head or heart win at the checkout
I'm missing SOLBsis but dont have time to go & play ... MUST.DO.HOUSEWORK.MUST.DO.HOUSEWORK.MUST DO HOUSEWORK and virtual coffee + cake
26/04/2012 at 09:17
I went to the dentist on Tuesday its not like I remember - not ouchy or scary. Dentist was just chatty and normal no authoritarian ogre in a white coat. Hope your trip goes OK too
26/04/2012 at 09:29
They won't give me an emergency appointment until I've registered and they might not accept me at all cos I have a bleeding problem.
Tell your guest the rules, and work out 2 areas you can compromise on. Not sure how your ocd manifests itself, but you might allow them to take the cutlery through, or wash up.
Only you can decide about the oven.
26/04/2012 at 09:34

Morning!

Thanks for the tea and toast By Eck, I need it big time. I'm not nearly done, but I have 24 hours though and it will it all get done. It will.

I hope the dentist goes well By Eck. I visited a GP a few years ago and he introduced himself by his first name and was not very traditional. I found it very weird and kept wondering if it was an imposter!

It sounds like you have everything to do SOLB. Hope you figure out what the appointment is for. That's good news about the cooker. If you're intending to live at your flat for some years, then a decent cooker is a sound financial investment.

Enjoy the virtual coffee and cake!

26/04/2012 at 20:06
*places coffee by Ben-o*

Did you get to the dentist by 'eck?

Anyone heard from Frodo? Hope she's OK

I'd better get on, lots still to do and my tea break has lasted rather a long time
26/04/2012 at 20:15
I've got to register with them first, but they are sending me the forms, then it takes a week to get on the sytem. I could have gone to the emergency dentist but that was too scary. Think the problem is also a wisdom tooth that does need removing but it means i'll likely lose the nerve to that part of my face I'm a coward really.
Not seen hide nor hair of frodo. Hope she's ok!
How was your day SOLB?
26/04/2012 at 20:28
oh no that's rubbish; lost nerve sounds a bit extreme. Hope it doesn't come to that.

How's Moo doing? Any better?

I've had a pretty good day. I got quite a lot of the fiddly painting done. Had an unexpected but very welcome visitor. Laughed quite a lot and promptly lost the motivation to go and finish painting.

I am just gonna have one more cup of tea .....
26/04/2012 at 20:39
I decided his eyes weren't getting better on their own so cashed in the script for eye drops. The nurse said to give it 48 hours which I did. His nose is still bright green but he seems happier.
What time is your guest arriving tomorrow?
26/04/2012 at 20:49
So glad he's happier even if having a green nosed child is still a little disconcerting

I'm going to pick my guest up from the airport on Saturday morning so I have tomorrow to prepare too (which is lucky cos I've turned the house upside down today looking for paintbrushes and masking tape)

I'm really tired again. I seem to have all the stamina of an 80 year old comatose sloth *Yawn*

26/04/2012 at 22:10
I did something naughty!!

http://images.pricerunner.com/product/image/147682907/Leisure-GR6CVC-Cream.jpg

Mine, mine, mine, MINEEEE
26/04/2012 at 22:55
To be fair, if I had to buy an oven I'd possibly choose that one.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.