Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,601 to 3,620 of 6,062 messages
09/12/2012 at 10:46
I don't fight the insomnia when I'm overtired. I still go to bed, and then remind myself that I'm still doing my body and brain the world of good because I'm not overstimulating it.
It may take a while of just calming myself, focusing on making sure my eyes are pointing in the right direction ( if they roll across the other way I know I'm booting up the imagination/thinking part of my brain) but I do drop off.
Soupy, books round here are nearly always ??2 in charity shops.
LR, I gave Mr by eck 4 hours yesterday without the children so he could spend time st his garage so I might claim back an hour today
09/12/2012 at 12:02

Soup Dragon

hi, were fine thanks - Phil is a man now, life's a little different now - i just have to rebuild after my lung operation

i do hope u are ok - i cannot place who u are - but most know me, i dont know many

09/12/2012 at 12:03

This is a superb thread btw

09/12/2012 at 12:31

Mick - you've zoomed past me on many a half marathon with your easy easy easy chant. Not had chance to chat propper, you are too fast for me. 

09/12/2012 at 12:42

next time u shout me, we'll run side by side and chat

my pb days are over -  Consultants advise is to run and have fun, but forget pbs

Tewkesbury HM we clocked 1:43 one year -

Abingdon FM one year we clocked 4:03

we cannot complain, we've had fun, now its time to give a bit back and have fun and help and advise others

09/12/2012 at 12:50

Thanks for the link to the insomnia book, SD. When I have been depressed lack of sleep was probably the thing that most disrupted the day. I am not having to deal with it at the moment but I like to keep an eye out for useful tips so I cannot prevent things early.

Hope everyone else is well.

09/12/2012 at 13:38

Done the run - 32 minutes.  Better time of day to go than last week - car park much quieter.  Just as I was ready to go - a car went to pull into the car park causing me to flee into the woods.  Got me off to a good start as it turned out.  As previously, the ad's seem to be helping the legs more than the head at the moment so, although I was very nervous, the legs just did the work.  A positive step from last Sunday.

09/12/2012 at 13:49

Hi all,

I have no internet at the moment so am out of the loop!

Good to hear you're well micknphil.

SD, that insomnia book looks really good, I might get it for my girlfriend for christmas (Who said romance is dead?!).

I hope everyone's not getting too stressed about Christmas. I was first on scene at a horrific car crash the other day and it certainly put things in perspective. Though I don't think my new employers like my laidback attitude to punctuality!

Well done for the run LR.

Peace and love,

09/12/2012 at 16:38
5 miles thru the mud makes me happy
09/12/2012 at 17:23

09/12/2012 at 17:42

Well done, By Eck.

How about Soup Dragon and SOLB - can we make it four out of four - or is SOLB still hiding under the duvet?

Had my chat with my friend who thinks 'phase 1' is a good idea.  Just a question of putting it into words and the timing.  We have a social night on Thursday this week so I was thinking of after that as I think I would find that more difficult (i.e. too emotional) if I'd just sent the e-mail then.

09/12/2012 at 17:57
I don't know where Solb is. I think soupy has done somethin active today.
09/12/2012 at 18:00

7 miles round Richmond Park for me.  And a short swimble after. 

Now just SOLB to report in. 

Close shaves with cars don't sound too good.

Mick - I will give you a shout next time, but my running is getting slower and slower. My HM pb 3 years back 2:26 and my last one was 2:54! But I don't care about times any more, I just count myself lucky to be out there plodding and I know how much good it does me. Its still an effort to get out though so a push from you lot will always be appreciated. 

09/12/2012 at 18:37

oooh you're not far from me Soupy, I run around Richmond Park too

09/12/2012 at 19:01

XFR

was it you i met at VLM Mudchute ??

saw and met that many i really cannot remember

ther's a shortish guy i saw, but no idea who he is - hes in the photo kneeling helping packing stuff ??

they all or most seem to know me -

09/12/2012 at 19:14

ben o

many thanks

you ok friend ?

09/12/2012 at 19:24

We did meet yes Mick

09/12/2012 at 19:29
I saw you and Phil at abo cheering us on about mile 20. Huge boost
09/12/2012 at 19:33

Hi hilly

yes thats right

post us a photo, see if i recognise u

09/12/2012 at 20:20
XFR Bear wrote (see)

oooh you're not far from me Soupy, I run around Richmond Park too

I'll let you know next time I'm going then. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.