Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,641 to 3,660 of 6,031 messages
11/12/2012 at 19:03
Bear, do you want to borrow a hot water bottle?
11/12/2012 at 19:43

((((((((LR))))))) Everyone deserves hugs. Sorry about the happy tune, I can understand anyone not relating to that on a shit day. The not being able to concentrate is awful and really difficult to explain to someone who's not been there. I can forget what I'm doing half way through a task, or sometimes if I'm really struggling I know what the next step is, but can't work out how to do it. One time is was photocopying some papers. I could do one at a time, but couldn't work out how to do a batch or double-sided. Such a simple task but my brain wouldn't have it. I hope tomorrow is a bit better for you.

Where's SOLB?

*puts kettle on for Bears hot water bottle*

11/12/2012 at 20:19

ooh hot water botty!

12/12/2012 at 00:07

Thanks for the supportive comments.  I really just needed to get things off my chest and get some positive feedback back before facing an evening visit from friends.  It really helped as I was fine until just the last hour when I was struggling.  Anyway, got my house back now.  Shame I really need to go to bed.

Hope SOLB's OK - always a concern when there's no word.

Night anyone that's still up.

12/12/2012 at 02:43
Argh? Eventually got ti bed just before 11 and some Muppet decided to something to make,their car engine unhappy at 2:18. It woke me and I can't get back to sleep.
Tries to snuggle next to the other sleepers but fails.
12/12/2012 at 07:32

Good Morning

had quite a good day yesterday apart from still having issues with Mrs B. Just not clicking at the moment.

my presentation went well and the day in all seemed ok. people are coming to me now for advice on things which is mega.

on the subject of my condition and work, i've been open and honest with everyone with even trying to explain it more to help them understand. ive seen no real change in how im treated if anything i get a bit more empathy.

12/12/2012 at 07:32

hope you got back off By 'eck x

12/12/2012 at 07:45

Morning Bricki

Good to hear works OK but sorry to hear the domestic situation's not so good.

Thanks for the advice.  I'm hoping that other steps will make work easier but it's certainly an option for further down the line to be open with people at work.  It's not the fellow workers, it's the management that causes me the reservations.

12/12/2012 at 07:50

Thanks LR

We have quite a few things causing issues at home, its not something thats going to tear us apart but things that just cause us to be down and unmotivated at times.

on the management thing i totally agree, i have a 2 line managers who have been magnificent in supporting me. their manager and another line manager though have not been as supportive and treat it as not something thats real. my own line manager has been affected by a similar ailment recently and been off with stress but on coming back they have just thrown things at her again which isnt helping the situation.

12/12/2012 at 08:05

Oh well, got to get moving again.  Woke up with my face aching again.  Hope it improves.

12/12/2012 at 08:31
I've never had to tell people at work about my depression etc but I know telling people where moo and I had been was tough. I think they were all very susupportive because it was both inevitable and obvious that I wouldn't escape completely unscathed.
My mum has moo for a couple of hours this morning so I can sleep. I'm really tempted to clean because the physio is coming but I know sleep is more important.
12/12/2012 at 09:29

helloooo

12/12/2012 at 17:51
Today could have been worse
12/12/2012 at 18:43

But I take it it could have been better as well?

I've felt a bit better today but still felt a long day with concentration and motivation still low.  Got to clear up stuff from last nights visit now.

Hellooo Mick.

12/12/2012 at 18:48
Had a crappy day today and had to leave the Christmas lunch early as I felt panicky and anxious
12/12/2012 at 18:55

Sorry to hear that.  These sort of things can be very hard to bounce back from but I guess you've got to put it down to a bad day and hope for a better one tomorrow.  Got my Christmas lunch on Friday.  I am usually OK with that - but I'm thinking I shouldn't be saying that and tempting fate.

12/12/2012 at 19:25

waves to Mick

(((((Bricki)))))

My days been mixed. Started off totally crap and it took me everything I'd learned in CBT to stop me crying. My therapy homework this week is to identify something I've done successfully every day, and then acknowledge my own skills in achieving it. Great theory, but I still can't think of a success that I can claim credit for. 

But on the plus side, after months of being bullied relentlessly at work by small minded colleagues who think depression is a weakness to be ridiculed, my work is moving me to a different department. I've been complaining for months and now its happening I could cry with relief. Its full time so no more Tuesdays off but at least I'll get a bit more money and its got to be better than what I'm putting up with now. I suppose thats a success, but I don't know how I can say what I'm good at particularly that made it happen. 

Still no word from SOLB? Does anyone have her number?

12/12/2012 at 19:51

I would say it means that you're valued enough to be moved to another department so over the course of time you've proved your worth if not today.

Let me at those horrible colleagues of yours for a bit of LR violence therapy.  Well it would be therapy for me anyway!

I think we're all getting concerned about SOLB.  Hope she's OK.

12/12/2012 at 19:59
I heard from Solb last night, and she posted somethin on Facebook so don't worry. I think she is quite busy
12/12/2012 at 20:37

I got the impression that she is busy too

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.