Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,701 to 3,720 of 6,062 messages
13/12/2012 at 16:18
Hello, all thanks for the replies. I know the getting through the xmas break feeling!
13/12/2012 at 18:14

Welcome Malc.  I tend to lurk because my problems are fairly minor and I sort of have them under control.  I also like to check up on my friends on here to make sure that they are alright.

I know the Salisbury area quite well although I've moved further north recently.  Its a lovely part of the country.

13/12/2012 at 18:52

I'm hoping my current feeling is a getting through the festive season problem.  I do normally find it's the worst time of the year for me.  I look forward to two weeks from now with a sense of I'll be in the clear then.  We'll get each other through it I'm sure.

I am supposed to be out at another social evening tonight but I'm giving this one a miss.  I don't really mind though as I'm just not feeling up to it.

13/12/2012 at 19:01

I'm not in the Christmas spirit at all, and I'm planning a quiet festive period anyway. I tend not to go to works events at the best of times, so it was easy for me to say no this year. I hope everyone else not only survives but enjoys. 

Malc - sorry to hear you've moved away from your family. Do you have anyone to support you near by? 

No more news about my new job today but a couple of positives anyway. First, the Consultant I work for asked me how I was getting on and stressed that he was really pleased to have me back and that hes more than happy with the quality of my work. I felt quite touched and a bit sorry I'll be leaving.  Then as I said goodnight to one of my "delightful colleagues" when she ignored me as is usual I managed to find the courage to say again "goodnight have a nice evening".  I think that made it more difficult for her than for me. I felt in more control anyway. 

13/12/2012 at 19:09

Well done, SD.  The social I'm missing tonight is the orienteering group so it is company that I do normally enjoy at least.  I am supposed to be getting my 'phase 1' of sending them an e-mail if I can get my act together.  I was deliberately saving it until after this evening as I though I would find it difficult to attend on the back of sending the e-mail.  Haven't got that excuse now. 

13/12/2012 at 21:14
Sticky tape failed
13/12/2012 at 21:19

Sorry to hear that hilly. What happened?

13/12/2012 at 21:27

You'd make a good contributor to Radio 2's Drivetime show where listeners are encouraged to describe their day in three words.

13/12/2012 at 21:55

Hi all, 

Sorry I've been so quiet, some stuffs been going on that I'm not allowed to talk about in a few different directions. All good now. 

I loved reading back, so so lovely to feel you all here Hi Malc, it's very nice to meet you. 

What happened to the sticky tape by eck? I could hold it all together with this enormous hug if that'll help ((((((((((((by eck))))))))))))

SD congrats on applying the work you've been doing, that's amazing - even if it felt a bit close to the wire it's fantastic you were able to stay cool enough to apply some techniques. I often forget to and get a bit too caught up.

13/12/2012 at 22:03

Bear have you been offered any more work or was it a one off thing? 

13/12/2012 at 22:11

Good to see you back SOLB and glad things are OK.

I think hugs are good for most of lifes problems but never seen one used on sticky tape before!

13/12/2012 at 22:18

*wraps her arms round the sticky tape, wrapped around all of her friends* see it's very effective! 

13/12/2012 at 22:19

Good job I wasn't planning on going anywhere!

13/12/2012 at 22:25

hadn't thought of that bit *awaits false imprisonmnet charges* 

13/12/2012 at 22:25

Hey SOLB welcome back

I got in a bit late putting in for sessions but have got two booked for new year already with possibly more to come

13/12/2012 at 22:28
Erm, sleep deprivation and me don't go well together. Today moo woke at 4:1, yesterday it was 5:05, day before was 4:53. You get the picture. This has been going on for 2 weeks nearly. The fortnight before that he was poorly with a chest infection so I was up at night with him a lot.
I was conscious that bad thoughts were creeping back in. I had promised myself that if I was still battling them tonight I would call Alice, my therapist, for some support. I think giving yself permission to let go and see who would catch me has helped. Thanks everyone
13/12/2012 at 22:33

Glad we're altogether in a sticky tape hug then By Eck.  You obviously need it.  Hope you get a better night tonight.  It can't be easy for you.

13/12/2012 at 22:38

Thank you bear Sounds positive 

Oh by eck, you've had such a lot to deal with lately no wonder you are feeling exhausted and are finding it harder to cope. Did you call Alice? I'm glad you were able to let go a bit, must have been very difficult trying to hold everything up on your own

14/12/2012 at 00:33

night all 

14/12/2012 at 06:55

Morning. I'm starting the day on a positive with Positive Outlooks on fb that I thought I'd share.

How did everyone sleep last night? Hilly - how you doing this morning?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.