Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,741 to 3,760 of 6,055 messages
14/12/2012 at 22:58

3 things is good bear, seems to work really, really well for you (plus we get to be bossy then

Christmas debate going strong! I think that's pretty close to spot on, certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone else having a good Christmas but the expectations of being in a wonderfully sunny mood are tough - especially when you end up feeling guilty for not being happy on top! (Me too, though I usually get to see the minis on Christmas morning, and I'm always genuinely happy when they are) 

My favourite colours are orange and yellow - I think I prefer orange but marginally and mood dependent ... SOLBsis' favourite colour is grey I've never heard of anyone else liking grey best

14/12/2012 at 23:02

SOLB - did you make it to the gym OK today?

14/12/2012 at 23:14

I went for a run instead ... bit of a disaster ended up coughing up blood  I have a doctors appointment on Monday to talk about the asthma and stuff so I'll mention it then. I breathed in a whole load of mould dust the other day and I'm wondering if that has caused the blood. 

14/12/2012 at 23:16

I'm feeling full of good Christmas cheer all of us sudden. Someone really nice has had their day cheered up by Secret Santa  

14/12/2012 at 23:20

Oh dear.  I think the most important thing right now is that you seem to be able to spend more time with the minis.  They grow up so quick so that's a important part of your progress to be able to so them and give them treats.

Hope the appointment goes OK.

I've got orienteering again in the morning - if I can force myself to decide that it's a better option than exploring the four corners of the duvet.

14/12/2012 at 23:24

The 'oh dear' was for the first post - not for the Christmas cheer!

15/12/2012 at 01:03
I agree I'm more pleased at spending time with the minis than anything else. That's how I knew I was better I felt like me again interacting with them.

I meant to be asleep by now but more coughing and more blood I'm not massively concerned but I've never coughed up blood like this before it's a bit creepy when it happens.

Never mind.

Bear I'm so sorry I forgot to check routes for the mundane thingje tomorrow hope you weren't just being too polite to remind me. If it's not too short notice and you can get out towards Oxford I'd happily pick you up (i don't know exactly where you are or how easy the transport system would be ... if you do a Google map from my area to Sheffield it'll show you my rough route and I'm happy to detour to find you.) I completely forgot about route planning, I don't tend to look until the last minute cos I just worry about it if I look early and there's really no point.
15/12/2012 at 08:42
Urghh I forgot to sleep. I'm going to give trying to eat with everyone a miss. It feels too big and public and my OCD is too strong. I want to have fun with everyone not just cope with managing symptoms
Text me if I need to collect a hitchhiker with his paw up on the way. So so sorry I filed it all under don't think about it too much or you won't go.
15/12/2012 at 09:35

Morning. I'm a bit fragile today but a lot better than yesterday. I didn't wake up till 9! I've slept for hours and hours. 

Solb - hope the coughing is sorted. Sounds very unpleasant so good luck at the doctors on Monday. (don't be scared if he sends you for an x-ray, its standard practice for coughing blood and if he/she doesn't then you should ask for one. Most turn out okay so I don't want to panic you but its best to be thorough). 

15/12/2012 at 09:52

SOLB have a good one today and don't worry about trying to eat when out.  I'm sure everyone understands.

SD - hope the sleep has done some good.  My evening sleep just seemed to lead to only half a nights sleep at the right time.  I suppose it adds up to the same but has left me feeling a bit rough this morning.

15/12/2012 at 13:46
Thank you

I'm having a quiet wibble outside of the pub.
It's not something I often talk about and I'm not sure it's wise but I feel like being honest.
I have a history of being severely sexually abused from 3-11 yrs old and my abuser always smelt of alcohol, cigarettes and stale velvet (for some reason) that combined with a 9 hour abduction by my then 'best friend' and his friend where I was abducted from a pub while at uni makes it really hard for me to feel comfortable in pubs.
I'm more scared than I thought I'd be, but I'm going to go in and be all smiles and hope that the mundanies later report that they didn't know I was freaking out.
*deep breaths solb*
15/12/2012 at 13:52

Oh that's so dreadful.  I can see why it can be so difficult for you.  That was a really big thing to come out with on here.  As you know, people on here are with you all the way.  Take those deep breaths and go for it!

15/12/2012 at 15:13

Oh SOLB sweetie that's terrible   Well done on being brave and talking about it though

15/12/2012 at 15:33

Well done for going in SOLB. You're very brave to talk about it and deal with it, I mean that genuinely and in a non-condescending way. Hope it all goes well and make sure you go to the doctor about your coughing!

15/12/2012 at 19:19
Solb, I don't do the smell of smoke and beer for similar reasons. You are incredibly brave.
15/12/2012 at 20:24
(((((SOLB)))))
We exchanged real hugs today (and they were fab) but I hadn't read this thread before meeting you in the pub. I had no idea, lovely x
15/12/2012 at 20:32
Hurray for hugs!!
15/12/2012 at 21:32

Hooray for hugs and hooray for SOLB for going through with it today.  Tremendous effort.

15/12/2012 at 21:38

15/12/2012 at 22:41
Thanks for the support
I'm on my way home, just stopped for petrol (and sweets!)
Am blasting my way back, happy music on top volume, feeling very loved!
Should be home by 1.
Xxxxx
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.