Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

3,781 to 3,800 of 6,031 messages
17/12/2012 at 09:57
I have just endured 45 minutes of my daughter's year group playing samba. Yup, letting 8 and 9 year olds loose with percussion instruments is not my idea of music, but they enjoy it and it *should* teach them a variety of important skills, not just music.
Now to come home, sort out washing, and have cuddles with moo

Can someone bounce for me?
17/12/2012 at 16:15

Oooo loving tha avatar turkey soups

Rudolf I am absolutely thrilled you've had such a positive reaction to your email. I did when I 'came out' too

Loving the thought of Mummy Soup living it up at the gig

How did your meeting go today? I have been thinking of you.

I'm absolutely shocked that they could get away with saying you had to wait for the tablets to take effect .. that's horrendous. I could just about live with it if they'd investigated already and found that you were being oversensitive but as it is it's apauling.

Now you lot; what's with all the bouncing?

17/12/2012 at 16:20

im bouncing... is this rude?

17/12/2012 at 16:25

Ha ha ha I love the theme tune Rudolf ... it's great running music too  

I've had a really successful day; I'm loving being well - I hope I never ever forget to really appreciate it. 

I saw Vicky and Sally this morning and have now officially been discharged from Psychological therapies  They have found a way to let me keep Sally as my CPN and to continue with the OCD work (hopefully) until I would like to stop. We will review in June if I haven't decided I'm cured before then!  

Have just been to see the doctor; was lovely to be so well with her - she seemed genuinely thrilled .. though she has just stabbed me with a flu jab I have been given a pinky purple inhaler to use instead of the Qvar and she's checking to make sure it's better within a month - FINALLY looks like I'll be able to get bck to running properly.

I have been thoroughly nagged about the need to make friends in the village and to push on with operation get a life as my doc calls it. 

Feeling very very blessed right now. Surrounded by wonderful (far away) friends, ridiculously well and starting to think about how to make a 'normal' life. Wow what a difference the correct diagnosis and a year has made  

(My doc was blown away by how healthy I look too - guess all this eating properly thing might jus be worth it!) 

17/12/2012 at 16:28

I dunno Bricki; probably!! 

17/12/2012 at 16:29

then im in

17/12/2012 at 16:33

Me too now you come to mention it  

17/12/2012 at 16:34

then let us bounce together...

17/12/2012 at 16:42

17/12/2012 at 17:40
Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce ( this is hard when your phone doesnt have a cut and paste facility)
17/12/2012 at 18:23

Evening. 

So glad to read of your good health Solbells. Thats great, it really is. Long may it continue for you.

My meeting went okay. It was hard having to re-live everything but the interviewer was very easy to talk to and quickly put me at my ease. It lasted about 90 mins and I needed a long break afterwards and still feel exhausted. But I didn't cry so that was a good sign.  They are going to talk to a number of other people then produce a report with recommendations. In the mean time I will be moved and possibly referred to the doctor at occy health. They were rather shocked that I had only ever seen the nurse advisor. So fingers crossed and thanks for all your support on here.

Bounce, bounce bounce.

Tired out now - off for a bit of a snooze before cooking dinner, Don't wake me up with any bounces for the next half hour please. 

17/12/2012 at 19:33
Whispers very quietly
Well done soupy
17/12/2012 at 19:49

Run achieved - 34 minutes this time.  Went well - better than yesterdays.  Also the fact that this was a run straight from my house round the estate.  I stuck to cut-throughs and quieter roads of which there are plenty, which suited me well.  It occured to me whilst I was running that it is just over 2 years since I last did this - I remembered the snow.  Only problem was at the end when I got freaked out by there being other people about when I was trying to extend the run to make it up to 34 minutes.  Just about calmed down now and not too put off by it.

Thanks for the support and encouragement again - and the thought of By 'eck cheerleading by shouting 'Drink, feck, arse' certainly helped!  That and the words of Chuck Berry of course.

TSD - glad today went OK for you.  I'll let you missing cheerleading for your snooze!

SOLeigh Bells - glad today's gone well for you as well.  Be setting you some running challenges soon!

The avatar thing doesn't seem to have worked too well for me.  You'll have to take my word for it that in that dot there is a red-nosed reindeer.

17/12/2012 at 20:25
My avatar is actually a picture of my feral cat when he was a kitten. Solb even made it the right size for me cos she is clever but it didn't get accepted
17/12/2012 at 20:56
I'm bouncing hard
17/12/2012 at 21:08

Wow - beats my 34 minute run.  That's over 4 hours you've been bouncing!

17/12/2012 at 21:12
It's painful no doubt
17/12/2012 at 21:21

Are you still singing 'Little Drummer Boy' while bouncing?

17/12/2012 at 21:22
Rum pum pum pum....
17/12/2012 at 21:23

*bounce bounce bounce*  I have good news too, but its not the sort that can be shared.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.