Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

401 to 420 of 6,031 messages
28/04/2012 at 13:03
Ironing bedding and cleaning the car - you're certainly pushing the boundaries SOLB
28/04/2012 at 13:16
Yes isn't it wonderful I am feeling better and can kick back and enjoy myself!?

28/04/2012 at 13:26
Yes it is, could you manage a cold sausage sandwich? I've eaten 8 and there's 4 left.
28/04/2012 at 13:28
*pinches MrP's sausage*
28/04/2012 at 13:28
Glad you slept SOLB.
28/04/2012 at 13:38
Mr P! hello!
I don't eat meat but I may dismember the lady in front of me if she takes any longer at the vacuum
28/04/2012 at 15:13

http://chud.com/articles/content_images/285/4986448_tml.jpg

28/04/2012 at 15:20
*grabs Mr P and grins cheekily*
Car and house clean, SOLB looking very scruffy but in the right place at the right time ... eeek traffic warden *hides*
Ben-o has the relief arrived yet?
28/04/2012 at 15:42

Mr P

Well done SOLB

28/04/2012 at 19:15
Good going SOLB, very productive day. Now enjoy the time with your friend
28/04/2012 at 19:44

i hear my name

so whats your game LOL

Shakespeare FM in morning,

long drive sadly to it - all of 2 miles

28/04/2012 at 19:59

SOLB, why was I requiring relief? Also, busy much? Sounds like you've got lots done, though I hope you don't push yourself too hard. And enjoy yourself!

'Hi Mick, how's it going?

It's saturday night, time to get my drink-on!

28/04/2012 at 20:01

yo Ben

i'm alright you know

got to drag my sorry arse around 26 miles tomorrow 

28/04/2012 at 21:51
Nice surprise seeing you last week Mick, didn't recognise you with your clothes on.
29/04/2012 at 17:18
London doesn't like solbs and solbs don't like London. The gathering went really well, everyone had a good time except me - and I organised it. Felt really responsible, I now have a really awful sense of deep shame that logic won't shift

That said did really well with having someone stay overnight. OCD didn't turn me into a screaming banshee everytime she touched anything
29/04/2012 at 17:21

We Have just run shakespeare HM -( our 238 th HM together )  in gale force wind and terrential rain - a bit like the good old days id say

The FM was cancelled as we stood on the start line, as part of the course was under water some what, and there was concerns for hypothermia, as there were a lot of new and in expereinced marathoners  there who they felt were not prepared

we ran a sad 2:38, also had Phillip's full poncho on him which didnt help

but all in all a good run  

Mr Puffy LOL
29/04/2012 at 17:50

Well done on the HM mick, pity about the filthy weather and flooding!

That's good news about your weekend SOLB, any ideas why your OCD beast didn't unleash itself? Why are you feeling ashamed? You organised something and it went well, isn't that cause for a little bit of pride? It's a pity you couldn't enjoy your own event, but I get that. It's hard to relax and enjoy something when you're worrying everyone else is having a good time time.

As for London...I grew up near London and have no desire to go back, I can't stand the mentality of some people in that area of the country.

29/04/2012 at 18:41
Fantastic run! Well done soggy boys

Any news from by 'eck?

Oh the OCD was there but it wasn't as bad as I feared.

I didn't meet any mean Londoners it is just so crowded. Hated being crammed into the tube breathing other peoples air and feeling so lost.

Am planning on going back v soon, not gonna let myself believe I can't do it. I don't like it is fine but it won't beat me!

Thanks for the support re: shame. I don't know why I feel it, SOLBsis and I call it 'the shame response' its like a really heavy blanket of unjustified shame which can't be thrown off by logic. You just have to endure it til you can't feel it anymore. Is still positive, so glad the other crazies had fun!

X

29/04/2012 at 19:54

Enjoying your kick-ass attitude regarding London SOLB, I'm sure you're crush it with your mind-vice!

The shame response? Shaming you into not having a good time or always putting others' needs before your own? I can remember that as a kid and having 3 siblings we had to share everything and when we didn't, we got shamed. Sometimes you can sit with shame too long, til it becomes more about the shame than the reason you got shamed in the first place.

29/04/2012 at 21:52

Been to visit my eldest Son today (encouraged to go by MrsBD)

He is sharing a house with his young lady and a old university friend that he is falling out with at the moment.

His friend has given a large amount of cash over the last year (not all of it really his) to a bloke with a hard luck story, which was bad enough, but he has given him their address too, and the bloke has been turning up causing a fuss.

My lads young lady has mental health problems, (she seldom leaves the house and did not leave her room while we were there [ring any bells?] ) so aggressive visitors shouting and banging are not a good thing.

MrsBD provided a (real) cuddle which is why we went, and I helped with fitting a new fluorescent tube, so I did not feel totally useless.

I am back to work tomorrow after a week off, and not looking forward to it. hey ho.

Stay cool!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.