Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

4,401 to 4,420 of 6,062 messages
03/01/2013 at 21:57

Evening peeps!

Sorry I've been quiet, been rather busy shopping aqnd cooking and sorting bits out.

Tried to sort out my psych appointment that they had to cancel on December 19th and promised they'd ring back the next day (but didn't) - they now haven't got an appointment until Feb 1st

Fortunately I'm feeling relatively okay but it is a long wait.

I've been running - only half a mile but it's a start on my poorly knee

SOLB - *looks stern* of course we don't hate you and find you irritating, quite the opposite .  I love chatting to you!

03/01/2013 at 22:13

I did type out a message to say thanks to by 'eck for the providing the hugs blanket - but looks like I forgot to click submit.  Cheered me up just as I was going out to work.

Will have to make a call tomorrow on the group run.  Will probably take my gear and maybe get out at lunchtime.  I have just done a six mile run with the running club.  Glad my friend was there to 'backmark' with me as it is all the fits ones there on a Thursday.  Good news is they're planning to have a second group running on the Thursday soon and a looking for run leaders.  I'm in! 

Well done on getting out there for a run today SOLB + Bear.

Lots of people around today with lots of stuff going on so big hugs for everyone. (((((((everyone)))))))

03/01/2013 at 22:25
Fab running everyone. I was wanting to run tonight but Mr by eck was home late then I didn't have any energy.
I want to run tomorrow but may need to bribe miss by eck
03/01/2013 at 22:40
I don't post often but I just want to say how proud I am of SOLB today and how privileged I am to be her best friend.

Big hugs to all of you xx
03/01/2013 at 22:41
?????? New Post ??????

The Dark and The Light
Day 23
Uncle Buck

http://brickibarthez.tumblr.com/post/39599155928/day-23
03/01/2013 at 22:42

Just realised I'm orienteering Saturday morning so, much as I like to support a VRC run I think I ought to rest tomorrow.  If you want to lend me your pom-poms SOLB I'll cheer you on.  You'd best keep the crop top and mini skirt though.  Although if I did go for that, that would make you run - away - very quickly.

03/01/2013 at 23:10
Ha ha I think you'd run if I wore a crop top and mini skirt too but the post made me laugh. *passes the VRC pom-poms*

Aww by eck must be frustrating not being able to run especially as you had such a frustrating and difficult day too.

Sossidge, thank you for the post and your support over the last few days and especially today when I was scared I couldn't do it

I'm tired but feel too bound to the midnight rule to try to fight today
03/01/2013 at 23:30

*Practices with pom poms*  VRC - GO!!!

I'm in comfy on sofa mode at the moment and if I go to bed and fall asleep next thing I know it will be time to get up and go to work.  Oh well, it's a Friday. 

03/01/2013 at 23:36
SOLB you've fought an incredible battle today honey. Now go easy on yourself, you're doing completely the right thing, you must be completely exhausted.

Night night all, take care and hurrah for Fridays, LR!
03/01/2013 at 23:55

Likewise - SOLB - whatever you've had to face today - well done you. 

Got make that move.  Night all.

04/01/2013 at 00:31

night night all x

04/01/2013 at 09:46
Morning, I had the engineer out to look at the faulty heater again. I told him that the damp guy had been out and condemned it. Received a stern look from the engineer who said 'I won't be able to condemn it.' He took the cover off. Saw that the heater was riddled with his own work and condemned it

I'm cold and tired but there's lots to do today so the big caffetiere is out - coffee anyone?
04/01/2013 at 11:21

Coffee, lovely thanks. Hope you get your heating sorted. 

VRC member reporting in as mission accomplished. 3 mile plod. 

04/01/2013 at 11:44

Ooo *awards gold star* 
I am waiting for (washing machine) Wilbur mark III so can't go out yet but I promise to bimble out once Wilbur III is here. 

04/01/2013 at 13:30

Yay new piccies

I have already got one of things sorted for today and I've only been up half an hour.  I think I need a Virtual Wake-up Call from the thread!

04/01/2013 at 13:47

oooo hooray - loving yours Soupy  

Wilbur III has arrived. I now have no excuses had better get out and do something productive 

What time would you like the nationwide wake up yell? 

04/01/2013 at 13:50

8am please SOLB

04/01/2013 at 14:24

Didn't you get a new washing machine not that long ago?

04/01/2013 at 14:28

Is that like the actual phone call you made to me at 6:30 this morning Bear?

04/01/2013 at 14:56

Oops sorry - I can only think that I somehow managed to do it as I switched my alarm off

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.