Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

4,421 to 4,440 of 6,031 messages
04/01/2013 at 21:54
;) *does the naked welly dance*
04/01/2013 at 21:54
I've got your shorts SOLB
04/01/2013 at 21:59
Are you holding them to ransom? I could raise two bags of choklit coins to secure their release
04/01/2013 at 22:00
Oh I'd need so much more than those haha
04/01/2013 at 22:10
And a curlywurly (they're my favourites) and some miscellaneous green sweets I don't like
04/01/2013 at 22:10

Does anyone have any helpful hints on uploading an image - you know the ones that appear each time on the left.  Nearly everything I can find exceeds the memory limit - and when I did find one I ended up with the microscopic reindeer that I've still got now.

04/01/2013 at 22:11
I adore Curly Wurlys SOLB!! You're my ideal lady haha
04/01/2013 at 22:16
cept we'd squabble over them!

LR I reduce image size by percent, usually about 60 but am not massively good at it. It's frustrating that pictures are so hard to upload here though I can understand why they can't have loads of big images slowly everything up.
04/01/2013 at 22:16

LR you need to crop it to the right size - your image was on a big background so it shrunk the whole thing leaving the reindeer weenie

04/01/2013 at 22:18
We can share SOLB
04/01/2013 at 22:25

I'll have to come clean - I about to start on a bar of Green and Blacks.  They were still on special offer.  Better offer to share it - s'pose.

04/01/2013 at 22:28
Share? Well that's a radical idea!
I was gonna say no thanks I'm on a diet but I do have 820 calories to use up still (to hit minimum) *sends in pacman solb - disguised as a weeny reindeer*
04/01/2013 at 22:29
Wacka wacka wacka
04/01/2013 at 22:33

820 - that's the whole bar gone and you're still short.  Just looked to see how many calories there are in a bar and wished I hadn't.

04/01/2013 at 22:43
Ooops to information you didn't want! I know the content of most things by heart. It wouldn't matter but the minimum is just over the actual min for grown ups 1250 so I have to try harder. Bad bad solby, I'm off to find food (have lots I went to the supermarket today)
Be good all Xxx
04/01/2013 at 22:47

Hello everyone. I am new to the thread and I would like to join and learn. I have to be honest I do not have any Mental Health Issues. But I am into human performance, I will not go into much detail as yet as I do not want to bore anyone as yet. 

So why my interest, I have always been interested in health and human performance. After just turning 50 in a very well paid job, I have decided to change career profile, as a Mental health Nurse, but I am hoping down line I do a Phd in Mental Health with sports performance that if I do well at University. 

I start my course on the 18 March 2013, I have passed everything to be given a place. I just started running I have moved just recently from the City of Bath to Manchester. I am a Northerner by Birth anyway  Just lived here for 29 years, it is good to be back home.

I have read a few threads now just to get the feel and I have read the artical. At the end of the day this thread can get emotional and I will be mindful of that too, Please give me a knick if I am out of order with any of my comments (which hopefully I never will be). 

But sensitivity which may not effect me could do others. So before I do any debating I just want to make sure i am welcomed and happy 2013 to you all. 

04/01/2013 at 22:55

Hi TR.  I'm sure your contributions will be useful and welcome.  I was interested in the thread both for help with my depression but also as regards running.  I always find things in running magazines like training plans very frustrating to read as my own issues are very different.  I have very little prospect of maintaining a training plan.  I just have to do what I can when I can so I welcome as much encouragement, support and helpful hints as possible.

Whilst I say you're welcome - in view of your timing I do need to just check - you're not just after my Green and Blacks, are you?

04/01/2013 at 22:59

Hello Lincoln runner I like that area actually. I know Newark very well and that place will always have a place in my heart. For many good reasons. 

Chocolate  Who doesnt like chocolate. The trouble is when I have one I cant stop, so I do not have any. 

I do have Physical and Coaching qualifications, all I would say is first and foremost sports and training are there to make you healthy. Anything else is a bonous thank you for the welcome 

Kind Regards 

John 

04/01/2013 at 23:05
It's ok I've already eaten all of your choklit so that can't be it!
I don't have any more say than the others but as far as I'm concerned everyone is welcome!
Traveling Runner, don't be too concerned just chat normally no one is especially oversensitive and we know you mean well - any problems and we can just tell each other, its easier that way
I really am going off to eat now. Fingers crossed for 2 miles tomorrow with the VRC
04/01/2013 at 23:14

Ok thank you SOLB  I am off to bed now as I have my first Park Run in the Mighty Bolton. I just want to log a 5K time. Hoping for 23 Mins which rewards me a Bronze 22mins Rewards me a Silver and 21 mins will award me a Gold, I wont be eyeballs out because I do not know the route its my first one and it an hard course. But it the experience so I expect a bronze award or nothing 

I let the gang know tomorrow have a great weekend and enjoy your training what ever you are doing. Night 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.