Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

4,541 to 4,560 of 6,029 messages
07/01/2013 at 19:27
123 New Post 456

The Dark and The Light
Day 27
Satisfaction is the Death of Desire

http://brickibarthez.tumblr.com/post/39943777307/day-27
07/01/2013 at 19:44

Go by 'eck and Bear - in different ways!

SOLB - let's hope you can get out running again soon.  I'm sure you need your change of medication to work as planned to make it possible - so all being well - where's the emoticon for fingers crossed?

You asked someone to summarise Bricki's blog. I think the best I can say is Bricki needs a hug from you SOLB - big time.

I've felt a little bit mentally sharper today than of late.  An example of this, and of how bad I've been - is that I've just worked out what SOLB stands for.  Dur.  LR of even littler brain here!

07/01/2013 at 20:14

Evening.

I wondered what SOLB stood for because I wouldn't dare to think that it was what I thought. Does that mean something special to you SOLB, or do we have to help you find a more positive name with your recovery going so well?

My day has gone really well.  Everyone was very helpful and friendly at work, we had a tea break together and there's another runner there, although she has lapsed recently. Then I had a great swim lesson when finally everything started to fit into place I did a really relaxed easy stroke. Feeling good now.

((((Bricki)))

Pom poms for by 'eck. (need a pom pom symbol)

Drums fingers waiting to hear how Bear is improvising. (need finger drumming symbol)

Big hugs all round to those in need. I've got a bit of positive energy to share too for those who want some. 

07/01/2013 at 20:32

I'll take that energy Soupy.  I'm feeling positive, but completely drained.  Yesterdays long swim has caught up with me.  And this evening was 30 min in the gym then a 3k swim.

But I found some GF hot cross buns in the supermarket!  And they were nice   I can't remember the last time I had hot cross buns it has been so many years and I do love them

07/01/2013 at 20:56
(m and s do nice GF food SC)

Huge hugs bricki. I haven't read your blog yet but I'll pop off in a minute to do that.
am back from a run. It felt good. we are looking at applying for DLA for moo again.
07/01/2013 at 20:56

Mr F - I've just read that article. Its very good and I wish I could have read it a few months ago, especially about resting at the beginning and how to start increasing activity. I wouldnt give in to it at first and fought it - wrong thing to do! 

Hot cross buns - yummy. 

07/01/2013 at 21:01
More hugs for bricki and everyone else.
07/01/2013 at 21:12

Bricki I should have access to a computer tomorrow - I'll have a read through in the hopes that I can add a +1 to the understanding the others have given even if I can't help. I'm so so sorry things are tough, you've had so much to get your head around lately. (((Bricki)))

I hadn't thought of that LR but you might be right, maybe when my meds are all happily working as they should running will be a bit easier  

Ha ha ha by eck, were they dry?  

I'm impressed you figured that out LR I wouldn't have done - can't really be an LR of even Littler Brain! 

It does stand for She of Little Brain but I'm a pretty happy little Solb now, I could remove the uppercase so it no longer stands for anything and just is if you like or we could find a new acronym.

Oh Soupy, your day just made me grin. I am so so happy to hear everything has gone so well. It sounds like everything fell into place all day not just in the pool. I love that it's so much more positive  

We do need a pom pom symbol  *looks at RW Towers* 

Glad training is going well SCaz, though perhaps rest is an idea now!!

I like hot cross buns, they remind me of someone.  

07/01/2013 at 21:18

Let's hope some of the spare good vibes can rub off on Brick and help turns things in the right direction again.  Great news about the work colleagues, SD, really pleased for you.

Better day than yesterday for me.  Slow starting but managed to get a few more chores after my run and lunch.  It's not something I normally do but I did get them listed last night and maybe that helped me work through them in order rather than not knowing which way to turn and then not turning at all.  Will have to stick with that.  I do still tire easily though and had an early evening nap.  The Mr F article was thought provoking in that way.  If I felt it wouldn't be harmful to discuss my problems at work, I think the best thing for me right now would be to reduce my hours slightly for a while.  I certainly feel better when I can get things done at home but I just need so much more time in which to do them.

07/01/2013 at 21:24

I always mess that up too Soupy. I burn myself out way too often trying to fight through everything

07/01/2013 at 21:26

I hadn't thought of that, always get cross at myself and shout at me in my head for taking longer to do stuff - suppose allowing extra time does make more sense!! 

07/01/2013 at 21:32

The reason I was being particularly dim over working out what SOLB stood for is that is shown on the article linked to from your first entry on this forum, which I read when I first joined.  I assume you were using the name in full at the time.  I've only just put two and two together and realised.

07/01/2013 at 21:49

SC, M and S GF pork and leek sausages are very yummy, only found them last week. I like HC buns but think they should make them without the cross for most of the year, and just put the crosses on for Easter.

I had a tiring day concentrating on learning some new stuff at work but it went well, just hope I can remember it all tomorrow. I did make loads of notes in my notebook in case.

Positive vibes and hugs to all those that want/need.

07/01/2013 at 22:05

Sounds really positive CJ  

I've never knowingly eaten GF anything, does it taste similar to it's gluten filled cousin or is it difficult to find nice stuff? 

07/01/2013 at 22:59

Thanks for positive vibes CJ.  Let's channel some positive vibes into you remembering today's new stuff tomorrow.  I found out today that the meeting I thought I was going back to tomorrow has been put back a week.  That's good because I really need to do some reading up before it and I need more time.

Trying to get into an unwinding for bedtime routine.  My mug of 'night time' herbal tea is far more appropriate than the bottle of wine I had last night.

07/01/2013 at 23:25

Enjoy the tea LR and the sense of relief at the postponed meeting  

07/01/2013 at 23:37

Thanks.  Just unwinding with some relaxing new agey music as well.  Hope this works.

Hope your change of meds goes well for you tomorrow. Really good to have you back on the forum tonight.  The 'blip' was a worry - glad that you've got a really good friend in Caz to re-assure us that you were OK.

I'm on a running club run tomorrow night.  Anyone else out tomorrow?

08/01/2013 at 00:17

Poor Caz, the message only said 'I'm OK' I'm sorry for worrying you all, I was a bit paranoid about communicating too. Much, much calmer tonight just for having a solution. 

08/01/2013 at 00:17

Woohoo I'm home - had to wake up mummyBear for my spare set of keys as I forgot to swap my main set back from my shorts.

Improv was mega-fun - exhausting but weird in that it flowed better if you didn't think too hard and focussed on what other people were saying or conveying by their body language. And quite often just spontaneous stuff is unintentionallt hilarious. I haven't laughed so much for ages

08/01/2013 at 00:51

Oh Bear that's such wonderful news. So so glad you were brave and had fun. 

What did they have you do? 

(Poor MummyBear) 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.