Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

4,701 to 4,720 of 6,031 messages
12/01/2013 at 17:05
I have tidied a cupboard to clear space for stuff from another cupboard so I canover stuff from the shelving unit now to get ready for my.run
12/01/2013 at 17:28

12/01/2013 at 17:57

Am cheerleading by 'ecks run by lying on my back here doing pom pom push ups.  It's the best I can do.

Got a friends birthday drinks out this evening.  Was thinking of giving it a miss but think I'm going to make the effort.  I have the excuse of catching the last bus home so it's not too long or late one.

SD - can't find any Duran Duran related song title puns so you're getting a reprieve from those this time.

SOLB - just catching up on the news and I do appreciate how difficult it must be for you hearing so much about this stuff so big hugs - ((((SOLB)))).

12/01/2013 at 18:22

'eck - an 8 mile run is worth 3 things in a day in my book.

I fell asleep again. Had an awful headache too so not going to Duran Duran. This rock n roll lifestyle obviously doesn't suit me.  Didn't clean the chickens out.  

Hope you manage your "thing" solb.

Mr f your adventure run sounds fun. I love making up a run as I go along. There is a real sense of freedom to it, in fact might do that tomorrow, unless I do a bike ride. I've got to get up to 50 miles by April so I ought to get some miles in really, but running takes much less planning. 

12/01/2013 at 18:27
I know soupy, I'm concious that I have a hundred to run at the end of march so I really need to pull my finger out.

I've always wanted chickens. Either chickens or alpacas. I think they'd make just lovely pets.
12/01/2013 at 18:35

I chickens, don't know why - that's why I've 'adopted' Chicken who lives near me. 

Thing went ok, two more to find - I am tired and a bit sad today but it's OK.

My big focus next week is on routine - I am really struggling to get back on my feel after the mini episode. I would like to run and pull my sleep back into order and I am going to nag Sally about the appointment with the Richmond Fellowship who might know if there is a way that i can make going back to uni financially viable. 

100 in one go mr f or a hundred by? 

12/01/2013 at 18:35

You are running 100 miles!!!!

I'm biking the 50 miles in April on a sportive then a half ironman in May and June.

12/01/2013 at 18:38

Some friends of mine have chickens - watching them forage around is just great therapy.  It's just great to see them in their natural environment doing what comes naturally to them.  They can be quite comical as well.

Oh well, better head out into town.  Do I sound keen enough!

12/01/2013 at 18:39

Chicken are great and make lovely pets. They are full of character and very tame. I've got 3 and I love them to bits, I could watch them for hours. I can pick them up for a cuddle and one of them always jumps onto my knee if I sit down in the garden, and they follow me around. I know they are only after treats but its still lovely. 

12/01/2013 at 18:42
It's the Thames 100 by centurion events. Yep all in one go. Did it last year too and was equally uprepared! At a bit of a loose end tonight. Nothing to do, nowhere to go so I'm making a start on the book!
12/01/2013 at 18:44
My ex insisted on cats, of which we had four. Maybe now is the time to go down the chicken line. I agree they make great pets, make pretty good fajitas too!!!
12/01/2013 at 18:46

I'm worrying about getting up to 10 miles by mid March!!!!!
We need a pom pom waving training schedule if we're gonna be cheerleading for that long!!  

12/01/2013 at 18:47

I want a chicken (well actually I want to ask to buy Chicken from the owners who have lots) but I think creepy neighbour might hurt it when drunk and we share a garden so I can't. 

12/01/2013 at 18:52
Have you got an event booked in solv? Training this year is always so hard. The dark cold nights don't inspire me, give me a hot sunny and sweaty day anytime.
12/01/2013 at 18:57

Two; Salisbury 10 in March and Giants Head marathon at the end of June - there's a question mark over whether my probs running are really asthma being bad or if it's a leaky valve in my heart causing probs but neither means I shouldn't train just slows progress

12/01/2013 at 19:30
Not heard o the giants head before. I do like to have an event on the horizon fo try ans keep some focus. So has anyone got anything planned for tonight? It's probably going to be a fairly early on here with some horlicks. That's rock n roll!
12/01/2013 at 19:46
12/01/2013 at 19:48

Whats up by 'eck?

12/01/2013 at 19:55
Bug hug by'eck
12/01/2013 at 19:56
Didn't get to run. Moo was ebeing difficult and Mr by eck is not having a good day. It's not the best combination for me to be out of the house for over an hour. So I will need to run tomorrow
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.