Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

4,721 to 4,740 of 6,029 messages
12/01/2013 at 20:06

Well maybe you can get out in daylight tomorrow to make it a nicer run. Hugs to Mr by eck and Moo. 

12/01/2013 at 20:33
I'm hoping so.
So have people got races booked?
12/01/2013 at 20:53

* frowns at Mr F for daring to make lovely chickens into fajitas*

Well I did try to get into town.  Stood waiting for a bus for 20 minutes, gave up.  It then passed by 5 minutes later.  By then I didn't really want to go anymore so at least I had an excuse to send apologies.  Will probably help my prospects for getting out for a run tomorrow.

I'll be doing Lincoln 10k in April with a possible option on Gainsborough 10k in March as I would like to get one in before then.  Seems a long time since my last one which was a bad one mentally.  I've been needing to get a good one in ever since then.  Apart from that will see how it goes.  Getting beyond 10k feels like an enormous challenge to me.

12/01/2013 at 20:56
!!! NEW POST !!!

Day 32
The Dark and The Light
Cannonball! Cannonball!

http://brickibarthez.tumblr.com/post/40363236857/day-32
12/01/2013 at 21:04

I booked loads or races last year and only made the start line to 2 in September and October. I entered loads again for this year with the intention of making the start and finish this time, even if I'm last. Do we need a race list for turbo charging pompoms?

By diary looks like this far:

April
Longest Day bike sportive 90k

May
Pirate DIY half ironman (a training session rather than a race but still want to finish)
Bupa London 10k

June
Enduroman Half Ironman (New Forest) and supporting mad people doing the double IM

July 
Hampton Court 3k swim (not entered yet but keen to do it)

August 
Bearbrook 10k
Cotswold Classic half ironman

September 
Challenge Henly Iron distance (gulp)
Ealing half marathon (plodding, walking, limping depending on above!)

Most of them have a social aspect included too but I think I'm going to be busy. Better get that bike out tomorrow I think. 

12/01/2013 at 21:26
thanks bricki
12/01/2013 at 21:35
Hope all is well - not much time for reading I'm afraid right now
12/01/2013 at 21:40
Miss by eck has woken with a raging temp
12/01/2013 at 21:43
Soupy, I have 2 races booked. One is next Sunday, which will be a DNS, the other is in may - NDW50. At the moment, I will make it to the first checkpoint and no further
12/01/2013 at 21:47

You've still time for training up to May 'ecky. At least aim for the second checkpoint. Which one is next Sunday? 

12/01/2013 at 21:51

Giants Head Marathon is in it's first year, which might be why you haven't heard about it.  It's being organised by a Formite and I plan to be marshalling.

Soupy, did you enter Stratford Tri too?

I've got quite a few events:

January - Cold Water Swimming Championships
February - ChillSwim
March - Legends of Sherwood
April - 24 mile swim
May - Stratford Tri, DIY IM (swim only)
June - Champion of Champions
July - Channel Swim

12/01/2013 at 21:54
Winter tanners. In theory it was no.problem. Moo, however, had other plans. I am contemplating entering giants head too however family has to take priority. I may be a little bit more selfish about setting aside time to run.
12/01/2013 at 21:59

Ooo yes, Stratford tri in May - thanks for the reminder. That will be fun. 

Looks like we all have some interesting challenges coming up. I'm so excited for your channel swim Caz. 

I keep threatening to do winter tanners, probably walking it though. Shame you can't make it and yes, you do need to be a bit selfish to get out and run sometimes. But you have to think of yourself sometimes. 

12/01/2013 at 22:02
Is that the whole channel??? Wow.
12/01/2013 at 22:09

Caz - I think I am going for the Legends of Sherwood - will confirm on the mundane thread.

'Channel swim' looks so casually dropped into that list - but that will be a lifetime achievement for you.

By 'eck - it's obviously difficult for you to do all the running you would like but, as SD says, there's still time and if you only feel you could make the first checkpoint now, any more  than that will be a bonus.

12/01/2013 at 22:13
Do you live near WT soupy?
12/01/2013 at 22:14
I have run a couple of marathons on a few long runs and a whole heap of determination. Ndw starts only a few miles from my house and Mr by eck abd I take the kids up to various spots so they can play and I run a few miles.
12/01/2013 at 22:15
Do you live near WT soupy?
12/01/2013 at 22:17

I'm about an hours drive away by'eck. I go biking round that area sometimes, I love it. I'll have to let you know next time I'm out that way. 

12/01/2013 at 22:18
I am north Hampshire
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.