Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,021 to 5,040 of 6,029 messages
19/01/2013 at 16:53

oh poo my kettle has finally given up the ghost.

Would have to do it in the freezing cold

19/01/2013 at 17:01

Oh. that's bad timing, Bear.

And apologies to by 'eck who says she's feeling abandoned then nobody responds for over 2 hours.

19/01/2013 at 17:05
No worries LR. Am absolutely shattered today.
But moo is tucking into caramelized apple and banana crumble.
19/01/2013 at 17:10

Ooh, sounds nice.  The run just about finished me off but I've managed to tidy up a bit.

19/01/2013 at 17:23

The roads were clear this morning to I decided to go off for a swim, or three.

100m done in the Ouse at 2.6 degrees
200m done in the Cam at 3.8 degrees
100m done in the Nene at 2.8 degrees

Feeling really chuffed with myself for that.  It was a challenge mentally to get in the first time, and the other two were even harder

19/01/2013 at 17:27

Sorry by 'eck, cleaned the kitchen floor now. Perfectly acceptable to be shattered and glad to hear moo is having apple and banana crumble.

LR I just have one last little job to do in the kitchen then I am calling it a day. Oh and I must check on the slow cooker its been on all day, the smell keeps making me hungry.

XFR bear, pants to the kettle failure, saucepans of hot water are not so easy to use.

Feeling more positive now, think I know what caused the horrible emotions earlier on today. Once I can see a reason for something it becomes easier to deal with.

19/01/2013 at 18:25
Apparently I am being a right b*tch today.
19/01/2013 at 18:30

Oh who's authority?  And is their authority creditable?  I have a suspicion who might have said that.

19/01/2013 at 18:46
It's hormonal, I did warn everyone and I am much much more snappy than usual.
19/01/2013 at 19:39

You're showing me up there CJ, I was so tired I just had a nap.  Feel a bit better for it.

Great effort there, Caz.  I certainly wouldn't fancy that myself.

19/01/2013 at 19:45
Naps are good. We are just cooking tea - chicken and baby potato curry with homemade Pilau rice
19/01/2013 at 19:49

oooh sounds nom by 'eck!

New kettle all sorted

19/01/2013 at 19:54

Got mine in the oven too - a lentil cottage pie.  Comfort food but still fairly healthly.  Best of both worlds.

19/01/2013 at 19:55
Wahey. I couldn't live without my kettle.

Solb, hope you are lurking and ok

Hi to Frodo and all our other silent partners
19/01/2013 at 21:17

LR having a nap is OK, your body asked for a little rest and you gave it what it needed.

My hormones have been steady for a few weeks, now I have said that, it will be my turn to be horribly hormonally menopausal.

19/01/2013 at 21:40

Evening - I'm in lovely Devon, no snow and had a lovely meal.  Mr Soup in a lot of pain after the time sat in the car but he thinks it worth it for being here. And a lovely 4* hotel is much more comfortable than a 4* caravan. 

Caz - I'm shivering just at the thought of your swims. You are well 'ard. 

Well done on the run LR. Nothing wrong with napping.

Three cheers for kettles. 

I'm very glad to be done with all the hormonal problems. Getting older isn't all bad. 

My chickens hate the snow. Yesterday I had to coax them out of the hen house with meal worms. There is a cover over the bottom end of the run which was snow-free and they tried to clumsily flutter/fly  over the snowy bit. They were wimpering most of the day.   Today they came out of the run for a but stood on one leg like flamingos.  A neighbour is looking after them for the next few days who I know spoils them rotten with treats. 

More hugs to silent friends, Hope you are all okay. 

Edited: 19/01/2013 at 21:42
19/01/2013 at 22:10
Ooo, anywhere nice soupy?
19/01/2013 at 22:25
Just seen your opening lines soupy...
19/01/2013 at 23:56

Must be sensible and get off to bed to try to make for a productive day tomorrow.

Thanks for positive feedback re the ran - and the nap!

SOLB - hope you're OK, you've been quiet today - or does this just mean you forgot your repeat prescription for the chatterbox pills.

Nite all. xx

20/01/2013 at 09:49
This is a completely indulgent post. I would normally apologize but not today
Moo's diet has not worked. He is starting to show signs of dehydration.according to our scales (which were accurate according to the hospital 10 data ago) he has lost 400g. We are waiting on a call from the oncall paediatrician because of the dehydration. It has started to snow again, and the roads are.already icy. I have packed clothes and toys, and I'm about to pack his food. If we have it ready and take it the theory is that he won't be admitted. I am scared and worried. I know some drs and nurses will say we shouldn't have changed his milk. We followed medical advice. His sister is worried sick because she remembers last year. At least if they admit and treat him today he should be home for his birthday. If they leave it 2 or 3 weeks the chances are he will have to wait until he is 4 to have a birthday at home.
Ok, enough of the pity party.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.