Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,021 to 5,040 of 6,062 messages
18/01/2013 at 12:04

Glad you made it into the water Soupy 

I am wondering whether it'd be too mad to get my trail shoes on and have another go at a run. My asthma is often easier in the rain than in the dry conditions maybe snow is the same. 

I have the plumber here - I am not coping as well with having tradesman here as I was - finding it really really tough having them in my house. I feel really threatened even though I know it's fine and they will be gone soon. 

I want to make a snowman too! 

18/01/2013 at 13:49

I 'accidentally' left this on Creepy neighbours chair 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528889_10151291010688192_366692205_n.jpg

18/01/2013 at 14:35

I'm having trouble with getting a colleague to do some work.  its only a small job that will take 5 minutes, but he just won't do it.  I attempted to ask a different colleague whether I was handling him the wrong way and if there was a better way of getting him on board and she snapped at me saying that she wan't about to bitch about him as she liked him.

For some reason I really took that comment to heart.  I don't bitch about people.  I try to understand them so that I can relate to whythey are like they are.  It's still smarting now.

Also, so had spend the previous 30 min bitching about people herself, so I'm not sure why she took the approach she did with me.

18/01/2013 at 15:23
Because she knows she's guilty of it herself. Do you have the power to tell him?
18/01/2013 at 15:30
I was having a really grotty day, but someone has cheered me up
18/01/2013 at 15:33

Oh, Caz so sorry to hear that. Its sounds so reminiscent of how my office problems started. Asking for constructive advice certainly isn't bitching and I've never heard you be critical of anyone - ever. Is there someone higher up you can talk to? 

18/01/2013 at 15:35

It is my job to chase up outstanding actions.  I've even offered to help him do the work, but he says that I'm not able to help.  Its two months overdue now and I just want it off the list. it will be better for both of us if I don't have to keep pestering him

18/01/2013 at 19:30

That's not good Caz.  I can only say try not to let it spoil your off-work time.  Is it something which you may be held accountable for by people higher up?  If so, in those situations I'm always keen to log what actions I've taken and when to act as defence if it's ever needed.

Nice one with the snowman SOLB. 

Decent end to the week.  Things get complicated with walking to work in my outdoor clothing.  I had work clothes left at the office to change into - apart from a shirt, so had to nip out to M+S to buy one.  The brisk walk home through the snow was fun - not too deep here but a nice fresh covering to walk on.  Seems to have had a bit of a black cloud clearing effect.  Could be onto something there - I often find running difficult but walking I'm fine with and a brisk walk can seem to have a slight anti-depression effect.  It's an alternative to keep in mind when I'm not up to running.

Talking of work colleagues, I'd like to PM several of you regarding a work colleague that I'm concerned about just to get your views.  Don't think it's really fair to go into the person's details too publicly.  Might not be tonight though.  Off to get shopping before the snow's too deep.

18/01/2013 at 19:42
Happy for you to contact me LR.
I enjoyed walking in the snow. Looking forward to s run tomorrow
18/01/2013 at 19:42

I'm happy to receive PM's.  I was going to PM you about Legends, but you have messaging blocked.

The work issue is fine.  I won't get into trouble over it.  Its a point of pride with me that I get on with people in a work environment, and learn how to get the best out of them.  It frustrates me that I can't seem to work with this person.  In my previous job, the department had a bad reputation when I started.  Everybody thought we were jobs worth and unhelpful.  I turned that around while I was there.

18/01/2013 at 19:54

You will turn this place around too Caz. It sounds quite hurtful for you but of course it says more about them than you. I hate conflict and I'm hopeless at resolving it so Im not the person to advise you. Wise Solb might have some useful words, she normally does. 

Glad your walk to work went well LR. Sounds like a good habit to get into. 

18/01/2013 at 21:25

Didn't realise that Caz.  Just changed the setting so it should be OK to PM now.

18/01/2013 at 21:38

Plan for tomorrow is to get out to the nature park for a run on the fresh show.  If motivation is a problem - the self-bribe of hot chocolate and home made cake in the cafe afterwards should hopefully do the trick.

18/01/2013 at 21:52
I'm planning to run tomorrow. How far are you hoping to go LR?
18/01/2013 at 21:54

I'm feeling poorly but can't sleep 

I'd like to attempt a run if I'm feeling better so might join the VRC

Keep fighting all, night night xxx

18/01/2013 at 21:58

Big sleepy hug for SOLB  ((((SOLB)))),  Do hope you can get out for a run tomorrow.

The run around 4 of the lakes comes to around 7k so I think that will do for me.

18/01/2013 at 22:09
Ok, I will aim to do the same distance
18/01/2013 at 22:13

Excellent - it's an official VRC run then.

18/01/2013 at 22:40
19/01/2013 at 09:03
Morning all

Kettles on, what do you fancy for breakfast?

(((Frodo)))
(((Bricki)))
if you are lurking
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.