Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,121 to 5,140 of 6,031 messages
24/01/2013 at 10:57

Morning all

Thank you Soupy for the link, your thoughts and for making me welcome, and thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and experience.

24/01/2013 at 16:30

Woohoo - got some more teaching for next week

24/01/2013 at 18:20
Didn't go as we wanted at hospital so I am allowing my brain a break from fighting all the depression etc and giving it space to indulge in some coping mechanisms
24/01/2013 at 18:27

That's impressive by eck, I've just suggested the very same thing in a FB message to you. Snap! 
Lots of love darling, hang in there. Tonight is for doing whatever gets you through, you've been fighting so hard you must be exhausted.  

24/01/2013 at 18:28

Great news, Bear.

Bigs hugs for Soupy (((Soupy))).

Not as good a day for me but I lightened the load a bit by opting out of going out to lunch tomorrow.  We have a person leaving and I felt I ought to attend but it was really stressing me out.  The colleague has only been with us for a very short spell so I used the excuse that we needed office cover on the phones - valid because only one other person is covering. 

Also had weekly lunch with work colleague today.  Use this as a way of bringing up the issue of how difficult I can find not having time to myself in the middle of the day but she just didn't seem to get it at all.  I do talk about my depression to her but it feels the same with that.  Just very frustrating.

24/01/2013 at 18:32

Sorry to hear that, by 'eck.  Hope you can pull through.  Will be thinking of you.

24/01/2013 at 20:14

oh ruddy hell by 'eck, what happened?

24/01/2013 at 20:21

I was really sad this morning but pushed through and had a lovely day looking after minimini then took her home in time to collect mini from school - we all had cake and I've developed a phobia of ducks! Well not quite but they were rather enthusiastic!! 

24/01/2013 at 20:31

So who farted on you?

24/01/2013 at 20:42

Minimini farted on my lap while we were reading stories in the library ... delightful!! 
Mini gave herself a little haircut while she was at school today, I tried really, really hard not to laugh  

24/01/2013 at 20:43

bless!

ooh and I have booked onto an improvisation course with a public show at the end *wibble*

24/01/2013 at 20:46

Failed attempt at running club run tonight.  Got more nervous the nearer I got and wimped out in the end.  Really frustrating after the problems with the weather.

24/01/2013 at 20:58

Oh that's great brave bear - I love how far you've come in the last few months, it's amazing! 

Ahh LR someone wise once said to me that you can only work from now, You did your best, you've won over the anxiety a million times more than lost and you have a whole week to gather your strength and prepare for next week. 

I have a meeting with the Richmond fellowship tomorrow - Sally must have sent the referral after I grumped at her last week I'm hoping for a way to get back to studying and some active, energetic (but not people based) volunteer work  

24/01/2013 at 21:17

Thanks SOLB.  It's just always a real crash to go from having a chance to do something to then not have another chance for another few days, but I do need to bounce back from that before I can try to face it again.

Great to hear about your day with minimini and news about the Richmond fellowship.  Hope the meeting goes well for you.

24/01/2013 at 21:18

oooh that sounds fab Solb

that reminds me - they were supposed to be contacting me about volunteer work

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 21:23
24/01/2013 at 21:26

Want me to poke them for you Bear? 

It takes real guts to keep trying something that's so difficult LR, don't estimate what an awesome achievement that is. Your drive and determination are pretty admirable - I know plenty of people that would have just thrown the towel in altogether. 

24/01/2013 at 21:36

Yes please, and get minimini to fart at them too

24/01/2013 at 23:58

Right I m off to bed (I know I know stupid midnight rule) 
I'll report in on the Richmond people tomorrow
Night all, hope it's a restful one and the morning alarm doesn't arrive too soon!  

25/01/2013 at 07:15

I don't think there's anything wrong with the midnight rule SOLB.  It's just if midnight becomes 1.00 am or 2.00 am or beyond that it's a problem. 

My alarm didn't arrive too soon.  Got a more sensible nightime routine last night but don't seem to have been rewarded by feeling any better this morning.  Oh well. one day to go and then I've got three days off and stuff to look forward to this weekend.

25/01/2013 at 09:28
Yay to the positive weekend, hopefully you'll feel better as the day marches on.

The midnight rule isn't a problem in time but it belongs to a complicated ocd ritual that meant I couldn't go to bed before 0.00 or it'd cause disasters for my family and friends on their tomorrow. It was the first rule I intentionally broke in therapy and so I get frustrated when I haven't managed to challenge it.

Off to see the Richmond people at 11. I dreamt I overslept and missed it. It seemed so real I got all confused this morning when the times didn't match up!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.