Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,321 to 5,340 of 6,029 messages
06/02/2013 at 21:25
LR, football is great sprint training.
How are you doing?
06/02/2013 at 21:29

Depressed is the word.  At least the football did take my mind off it for a while which isn't always the case.  Got to face a family visit right at the end of the working week so it's a bit heavy going at the moment.

06/02/2013 at 21:54

I have been at work, where access to this site is blocked.
I have cycled for 30 minutes, first cardio based exercise after my chest infection.

Had a conversation with Mr Steady, his Father has admitted to being lonely and not coping so well in house on his own (widowed last year after 60 years of marriage), so will have to start looking at places for him to live.

Shopping list written ready for supermarket after work tomorrow.

06/02/2013 at 22:03

My colleague at work has the same issue with her mother who wants to move after her father passed away.  There's a lot of memories over that length of time.

06/02/2013 at 22:07
My grandfather is losing his marbles in spectacular- style. He's annoying my mother, forgetting everything and refusing to admit he needs more help.
06/02/2013 at 22:20

Mr Steady Senior is very independant but knows he can do less and less. He had a horrible experience in hospital which means he doesnot trust the medical peeps at all. He says he loves the house, (it is nice) but struggles with the stairs etc. They moved in nearly 20 years ago, but its a 2 hour drive to visit and another 2 hours to get home, so popping over to visit is not an easy option, we go at the weekends, but its all day and then nothing gets done in our house or garden. Getting him to accept help is difficult and he is not the sort to go out to the local British Legion Club or similar as he is not much of a drinker and thats all they do there according to him.

Thanks for listening to my moans, I just hope that when I get to a ripe old age I do not get just like my parents.

06/02/2013 at 22:22
Talk all you need cj, I do understand
06/02/2013 at 22:25

It's certainly a lot of effort you have to make to travel that distance.  It's certainly not easy being that age and I think my preference would be to bow out before getting to that age where everyone else of my generation is dying out around me.  I'm sure it's not all just drinking at the British Legion but it's so hard to get anyone of that age to do anything for their own good that's different to what they're used to.

07/02/2013 at 21:25

Quiet day today... hope people are ok...

07/02/2013 at 21:30
Sorry busy day
How are you?
07/02/2013 at 21:35

Ok thanks. Bit blue...about to move down to London and start a new job so past couple of months I've been sat around doing nothing...and I hate it. I have no motivation to do anything and gives me too much time in my own head....

How are you? Hope things are ok 

07/02/2013 at 21:41

Know the feeling well.  Is the move to London one you'd prefer not to be making then?  I'd certainly not want to be going there. 

Had a rough start to the day and for most of the day at work.  Seemed to have improved though towards the end of the day and I ran well in the night orienteering event.  Sufficiently so to make me feel a bit better. 

I've put back my weekend family visit for a week due to concerns over the weather at the weekend so I've got time on my hands this weekend.  Putting it to positive use is the tricky bit though.

07/02/2013 at 21:45
Whereabouts in London? I moved out of NE London just over 3 years ago. There are times I do miss it

Anyone with time on their hands is welcome to come and help bring order to the by eck household. Getting this kitchen done means not.only sorting and packing up the kitchen but also clearing space in the living area, tidying the cave, and filling the freezer with adult and moo friendly food.
07/02/2013 at 21:46

I'm excited to move in some respects, but also it's a whole new world really...and I'm unsure how i'll react...

I'm hoping it'll give me some more structure though. I'm struggling atm just as I have no routine and nothing to actually do with myself. And when you have all the time in the world, motivation to actually do things is none existent...

Well done on the run . A good run can always make the day seem a bit better. 

07/02/2013 at 21:49

By'eck - moving to Southwark. Will make a change from the countryside where I am now!

07/02/2013 at 21:52
I did the reverse - Woodford green to.north Hampshire
Rwtw, do you have job lined up?
07/02/2013 at 21:58

Yeah, its been lined up for quite a few months now (graduate job). Excited to start as new start and as cheesy as it sounds, kinda the dream job...its just been these months in between that have been tough

07/02/2013 at 22:07
Recent graduate?
07/02/2013 at 22:21

Yeah, last summer

07/02/2013 at 22:32

Welcome to London rwtw. I'm at the other side on the west, but its a great city. Took me a bit of time to adjust to but I love it now.  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.