Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,381 to 5,400 of 6,031 messages
11/02/2013 at 16:07
Nothing as far as I can see
11/02/2013 at 16:10

How are you all? I've been thinking about you guys 
Oh it's got an extra advert on either side of the page that I've not seen before  

11/02/2013 at 16:20
Ah, not on the mobile version.
I need to do more sorting and tidying
I need encouragement. Mr by eck hasn't yet started to help
11/02/2013 at 16:27

What are you up to so far? 
I should be painting the spare room, one more coat to go but I'm too tired after a couple of sleepless nights (in a nice way) so am staying half awake playing on the internet now I finally have it back  

11/02/2013 at 16:44

Hi, solb. welcome back.

Current page design is too bright for my eyes - I need to turn the brightness down. (Emoticon deployed for a different use than it's intended one there)

I was just thinking I really want to get some painting done round my place this year.  Something to aim at but it really feels beyond me at the moment.

11/02/2013 at 16:48

ooh yeah that's better. 
Hey LR

I'm bored of painting already - I have to do all the rooms now that I have heating - cos I have to kill all the mould, suffocate the spores in the paint with gloss then paint back over - kinda wished I'd had someone to help me cos it seems to take such a long time on your own! 

11/02/2013 at 16:57

That's weird - my page is behaving itself again and the bright white ads have disappeared.  The name of the sports brand being advertised is etched on my memory though - bizzarre advertising must have worked - unless you're on a mobile like by 'eck.  I'd say get some sleep before pressing on again - another day won't hurt.

11/02/2013 at 17:00
I can lend you moo and miss by eck. They like helping with painting.
I want to get rid of lots of stuff cos I know we don't need/use it but Mr by eck has it as comfort blanket (a very large comfort blanket).
11/02/2013 at 17:00

Oooo they've gone here too  

Ha I can't remember who it was already, Definitely wasn't worth paying all the Marketing guys on my behalf!!! 

11/02/2013 at 17:39
Mugs are sorted. Woohoo!
11/02/2013 at 17:42

Woo hooooo brilliant! That's one down! 

11/02/2013 at 17:44

Productive day by'eck - well done! Love ticking off a list .

All moved and settles (sort of) and did my LSR of 16.5 this morning. In the snow. Lovely. Until I finished and got the tube back and pretty much got hypothermic...Typical

Hope people are good 

11/02/2013 at 17:47
Solb, I have also sorted out the textile recycling, put washing away, done the glass recycling and cooked tea.
Rwtw, I wish I had joined you. I don't mind snow running. My jacket is amazing.
Does anyone want some mugs? I have loads going spare. Also some bakeware. f you collect I'll even give you tea and cake
11/02/2013 at 17:53

Aww that's really brilliant by eck. 

The lsr sounds brilliant rwtw well up until the chilly stage anyway .. hope you're warm now.

I'm in a brilliant mood, am grinning from ear to ear!  

11/02/2013 at 22:08

Can't help you with the mugs, by 'eck.  I live on my own, only have the occasional visitor or two and yet have about 8 mugs on the go.

Great effort there, rwtw.  I'm hoping my cold will be letting up enough to get out with the running club tomorrow night.

SOLB - any progress with your asthma at all?

11/02/2013 at 22:16

I think so ... I've started taking Singulair as well as the Fostair am and pm and Ventolin before and during runs. Running is still a bit tricky but I feel much much better the rest of the time so I think we're finally on the right track  

I'm still running with spotty dog on his pooch to 5k programme every other day - though he has to have another minor op on Wednesday so we'll take a little break while he gets over the anaesthetic  

Awww poor poorly LR  

11/02/2013 at 22:23

That's good to hear. I do like the sound of spotty runs as well.

I think I'm getting a bit better.  At least when I've got a cold I'm not as depressed - as I'm too pre-occupied with the cold.  As the days gone on today I feel I've just started to feel a bit depressed as the cold lets up.  I've really got to learn to actually feel better instead of feeling depressed when there's nothing else to feel miserable about.

One positive was the night orienteering event last Thursday which I got totally engrossed in and ran well.  That's why I really want to pick up the running from there before I lose the momentum.

11/02/2013 at 22:27

Oh the night orienteering event sounds really good fun. 

You are being quite hard on yourself sweetheart, most people feel a bit depressed and frustrated when they are in the lingering stages of a cold still tired and wiped out and not having been able to do the things you usually do to give yourself structure and keep the black clouds at bay. 

It's really good to be aware of when you are seeing things through a negative filter, or even where you can identify some positives even if they are just little but you aren't wrong for feeling low either. You fight as much as you are able

11/02/2013 at 22:35

My point was that when my cold was at it's worst I didn't feel at all depressed.  I felt rubbish but wasn't being hard on myself for it because I felt there was a good reason for feeling rubbish.  But I'm not so kind on myself for feeling rubbish when I'm depressed.  That's the bit I've got to work on.  

The night orienteering is on 5 consecutive Thursday nights - 2 down, 3 to go.

11/02/2013 at 22:41

Ahh I see what you mean, makes sense. 

Ooo sounds really good, though I'd get lost even in the daytime! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.