Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,381 to 5,400 of 6,062 messages
08/02/2013 at 21:40

Yep, sounds about right, Mr Steady is about 5 days to clear it out of his system. Cornflakes are a pain to find GF ones, but we now go to Waitrose or Asda as a special trip and bulk buy the Whole Earth brand as its a pound cheaper than the other brands.

I need something to stop me eating too much chocolate, even hypnosis failed to tame my liking of the stuff.

08/02/2013 at 21:43

Steady - with you on the chocolate. I have just eaten far too much and feeling very very guilty...

08/02/2013 at 21:43

Did someone mention chocolate?

08/02/2013 at 22:21

Chocolate

Cornflakes   They are the devils food

08/02/2013 at 22:29

It's chocolate o'clock for me, having got through another week.

Despite this I am trying to address my bad diet by investing in the Bach remedies 'Emotional eating kit'. which is supposed to help with comfort eating.  I really am uncomfortable with my current weight and it does affect my self-confidence.  It's not by any mean that bad, but it's just something that bothers me a lot.  Getting a few pounds off would help.

09/02/2013 at 11:00

I've lost 9kg since the beginning of December.  It's not been intentional

09/02/2013 at 11:51

That's sounds a pretty dramatic loss in such a short space of time, Caz. 

09/02/2013 at 12:20

Half of it was due to my stomach not liking gluten (or something similar).  I've had three periods where I haven't been able to eat properly becasue of it.

The rest is just because I have significantly increased the training and haven't worked out how to get enough food inside me.  My stomach feels permanently full so I can't eat any more.

I'm not worried about it yet.  I still have at least another stone of fat on me so I'm not about to starve.  I lost weight in a similar manner when I started marathon training, until I learnt how to get the balance right.  If I get down to 70kg then I will start worrying.  I've still got 7kg to go before I get that far.

09/02/2013 at 12:40
I need persuading that going out for a long run today is a good idea. I'll be at least 2 hours. I know how to stay warm and fuelled
09/02/2013 at 12:48

No run for me today but I'm off to the football match this afternoon and am going to walk there and back - about 5 miles in all.  Any benefit from the walk may be offset by the fact that a pub at the other end is involved.

Go for it, by 'eck.  To take you literally - it's a good idea.  You know it makes sense!

09/02/2013 at 12:56
Pub sounds good LR
09/02/2013 at 13:08

It does - but a pub full of Lincoln City supporters isn't always the cheeriest of places these days.  In fact it doesn't get full anymore!  Gotta hit the road.

09/02/2013 at 15:48

LR keep us posted on the Bach remedies stuff, sounds interesting. I definitely comfort eat, but chocolate is just down to the lovely taste, especially the dark stuff.

This morning got ready to visit Mr Steady Snr who rang at 8.30am to cancel us going, so no excuse not to do the housework and fit in the turbo session I thought I had skipped due to laziness and not wanting to get up early to fit it in.

09/02/2013 at 17:27
I didn't run. Mr by eck got in a bit of a tizzy and I had to deal with that, then he went out and now he's busy. So I am in childcare mode.
09/02/2013 at 18:27

I've certainly no intention of completely giving up the comfort food - but I've certainly got to keep down to in moderation. 

Does today's foiled plans mean you can have first call on getting out tomorrow - by 'eck.

09/02/2013 at 18:29

12km this morning in the snow and sleet which wasn't all that bad really, once I got going. I want to go for a bike ride tomorrow but I don't think the weather will be on my side. It's getting to that time of year where I'm wishing it was spring already...

http://chasethepotato.wordpress.com/

09/02/2013 at 18:31
Fat chance! It's another busy day with church and Mr by eck at the gym. I may get a run in the afternoon or evening.
09/02/2013 at 20:17

This is my first post of 2013

I have not read back yet, so I have no idea what has been happening.

09/02/2013 at 20:54
Hi big d. Was wondering how you were
09/02/2013 at 22:30

The new year did not start well.

Phone call just after midnight. Not someone wishing us a happy new year, but the hospital telling me my dad was on his way out.

Heigh Ho. We've all got to go.

And on that note I'm off to bed - nite now!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.