Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,421 to 5,440 of 6,029 messages
14/02/2013 at 11:58
Dates have been shifted about to accommodate the plumber (she is very good and her apprentice is sweet too).
Well done Solb. Huge ocd busting hugs.
Moo and I haven't done much kitchen work, but have made some sparkly cards and played cards. After lunch will we curl up abd listen to a lovely, very special CD.
14/02/2013 at 15:10

Solb, well done you

14/02/2013 at 16:41
*takes a bow and looks smug*
14/02/2013 at 16:51
I haven't done much today. Starting to get the heebie-jeebies about seeing the paediatrician tomorrow
14/02/2013 at 17:10

Excited and congratulatory hugs for Solb

Comfroting hugs for by 'eck

14/02/2013 at 17:56

Great stuff, solb.  OCD is totally regretting the day it picked a fight with our Solb.

Another reasonable day for me.  Even found lunch with work colleague a bit easier than usual.

Time to grab my head torch and head off to night orienteering.  Nice one tonight on the hillside common with great views overlooking the city.

14/02/2013 at 19:28

Well done solb!!

Having an odd day. Trying to make a decision. It's not a life changing decision...just I really, realllllly struggle with decisions!!

Deciding whether or not to join this swim club I tried out last night. I've swam for so long, so seems a good idea to join a club...but it just didn't seem right. They weren't that friendly, it was all a bit over-serious, and it's also quite pricey. Also I have no idea if I'll be able to really fit it in with work. So decided (and it's the tiniest decision but has taken all day) to not join for now. Training for a marathon anyways, so busy running, will also do strength work, and will find a public pool and swim once or twice a week. Will realistically only be able to do 2/3 sesisons swimming a week anyway, so I guess start by myself and figure out if I can fit it in once I start work. I could also get placed on projects all over the country so paying direct debit for a club might not be best...

SuperCaz - do you train with a club? I'm definitely a distance swimmer, so happy to trudge up and down...just struggle without a coach!  

14/02/2013 at 20:40

I used to train with triathltes because they did structured sessions that were less boring than swimming up and down.  But the sessions were free as part of my gym membership and the pool tended to be quiet either before or afterwards so I could add on a bit more time and distance if I wanted to.

I've done 4 hour pool swims with the last hour being a class to keep me motivated.

Since I've moved... I belong to the local tri club but I've only been one to their pool sessions.  I find it hard to get to know new people and i resent paying per session when i have gym membership elsewhere.  I know its only £3 but still...

14/02/2013 at 20:43

That's fair. When you have membership anyways does seem tricky to pay the extra. I think I'm going to write myself some sets to make me actually do them...I really do get bored when swimming by myself but i'll force myself to.

14/02/2013 at 20:43

Also, as soon as it's warmer I'll go find some lidos

14/02/2013 at 21:22

Job app submitted

*bounces around excitedly*

14/02/2013 at 21:32
Have a chocolate heart, Bear
14/02/2013 at 21:32

oooh ta

14/02/2013 at 21:41

swimplan.com RWTW.  Enter your details, pool length, training aids etc and it creates a custom training session for you.

You can get more exciting ones if you pay, but I've only ever gone for the free ones.  laminate them or put them in a freezer bag so that they don't get wet on poolside.

Well done Bear

14/02/2013 at 21:49

Thanks SuperCaz! Will try it. Ironically I am actually a swimming teacher and coach....i just can't coach myself well!

Congrats Bear  

14/02/2013 at 22:04

I need to get it now - should be in with a good shout

14/02/2013 at 22:53

Good luck Bear.  Fingers crossed for you.

RWTW - I think it was you that was asking about the Bach flower remedies.  I don't know if that is the reason but I've certainly had a much better week since I started taking them.  It might just be that I'm keeping busy with interesting stuff at work at the moment which helps me.  Will be interesting to see how things progress over the next week or two, but it's certainly encouraging to be actually feeling reasonably OK ahead of a family visit this weekend.

15/02/2013 at 07:15

Morning lovelies. Just popping in to say good luck to Bear on the job application and a massive congratulations to Solb for giving OCD a big kick in the butt. 

I get bored swimming in a pool too. I've started putting elastic hair bands on my wrist and swap the to the other hand every 100m to save me counting and it motivates me to see how many I've got still to do, or swap back over to the other hand again. But if you are doing 200 + lengths that might not work or you would be like Michelin Man on your arms lol. 

15/02/2013 at 07:43

Hi Soupy.

It was a major mudfest last night.  Sounds like I could be in for more of the same at the club event I'm at on Sunday where they're warning that marshy areas are now ponds.  At times like this my running shoes never get to dry out.  It's all good practice for Legends in a couple of weeks time though.

15/02/2013 at 08:49
Stay clear. I have the lurgy. I feel pretty rubbish
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.