Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,441 to 5,460 of 6,062 messages
13/02/2013 at 08:49
Does a happy dance!
Thats wonderful Solb. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures together.
LR, it really helps knowjng that other people understand. I remember when moo's godmother told me she nearly ended up hospitalised with PND. It helped me feel less alone.
Tonight I get my Christmas present
13/02/2013 at 08:54
Oooo sounds exciting by eck, do you know what it is?
13/02/2013 at 09:47
Yes, Mr by eck is taking me to dinner and a concert in my gorgeous dress
13/02/2013 at 16:13

Ooh that's fantastic, yay!!!! 

I'm tired out, have been to see my half sister who is always a bit mean to me which made me sad but then called in and saw the minis so I'm happy again. I feel wiped out, I was supposed to be doing lots of stuff today and I've achieved nothing, I'm really running out of time too. I need to go out again now and I want to sleep instead. I feel a bit like I need to get a grip today! 

13/02/2013 at 16:16
Solb. I have started sorting and packing up the kitchen
13/02/2013 at 16:20
You have been inspiring me
13/02/2013 at 17:00

I had a fun night out eating pancakes last night.

Just been proof reading through my job app, it looks fab. It gets submitted tomorrow.

13/02/2013 at 18:04

Good luck Bear!

I've taken a risk and done something scary that I can't talk about on here.  I hope it turns out ok.

13/02/2013 at 22:40

Been lazy tonight (other than on the mundane forum) due to football being off due to untimely snow.  Dare I say I'm feeling a bit better at the moment. 

My boss paid a visit to the office today - but I totally wimped out of saying anything.  No regrets though - really need to think things through before doing anything like that - which I hadn't.

14/02/2013 at 08:52
*cautiously cheers for feeling better*
Hopefully you can relax again soon SCaz.

I have a toothache, I am considering being brave and trying to ring the dentists instead of emailing them
14/02/2013 at 09:16
Our kitchen plans are up in the air again. The plumber we want can't do the dates we want.
Solb, I need to call the dentist too. And do more sorting
14/02/2013 at 11:40

I did it, I did it!!! 
HA HAAAAA take that OCD, I just phoned a total stranger and made an appointment for tomorrow - yay!!! I think I've beaten OCD too now, I still have to work at each thing but there doesn't feel like there's anything that's completely outside of my control (in theory, sure I'll still fall over a bit, and I choose to comply with some rituals) 

YAYYY!!!!!!!!

Hope you can find a handy plumber by eck 

14/02/2013 at 11:58
Dates have been shifted about to accommodate the plumber (she is very good and her apprentice is sweet too).
Well done Solb. Huge ocd busting hugs.
Moo and I haven't done much kitchen work, but have made some sparkly cards and played cards. After lunch will we curl up abd listen to a lovely, very special CD.
14/02/2013 at 15:10

Solb, well done you

14/02/2013 at 16:41
*takes a bow and looks smug*
14/02/2013 at 16:51
I haven't done much today. Starting to get the heebie-jeebies about seeing the paediatrician tomorrow
14/02/2013 at 17:10

Excited and congratulatory hugs for Solb

Comfroting hugs for by 'eck

14/02/2013 at 17:56

Great stuff, solb.  OCD is totally regretting the day it picked a fight with our Solb.

Another reasonable day for me.  Even found lunch with work colleague a bit easier than usual.

Time to grab my head torch and head off to night orienteering.  Nice one tonight on the hillside common with great views overlooking the city.

14/02/2013 at 19:28

Well done solb!!

Having an odd day. Trying to make a decision. It's not a life changing decision...just I really, realllllly struggle with decisions!!

Deciding whether or not to join this swim club I tried out last night. I've swam for so long, so seems a good idea to join a club...but it just didn't seem right. They weren't that friendly, it was all a bit over-serious, and it's also quite pricey. Also I have no idea if I'll be able to really fit it in with work. So decided (and it's the tiniest decision but has taken all day) to not join for now. Training for a marathon anyways, so busy running, will also do strength work, and will find a public pool and swim once or twice a week. Will realistically only be able to do 2/3 sesisons swimming a week anyway, so I guess start by myself and figure out if I can fit it in once I start work. I could also get placed on projects all over the country so paying direct debit for a club might not be best...

SuperCaz - do you train with a club? I'm definitely a distance swimmer, so happy to trudge up and down...just struggle without a coach!  

14/02/2013 at 20:40

I used to train with triathltes because they did structured sessions that were less boring than swimming up and down.  But the sessions were free as part of my gym membership and the pool tended to be quiet either before or afterwards so I could add on a bit more time and distance if I wanted to.

I've done 4 hour pool swims with the last hour being a class to keep me motivated.

Since I've moved... I belong to the local tri club but I've only been one to their pool sessions.  I find it hard to get to know new people and i resent paying per session when i have gym membership elsewhere.  I know its only £3 but still...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.