Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,441 to 5,460 of 6,031 messages
15/02/2013 at 13:53

I might have the lurgy too.  Been sneezing a lot today

15/02/2013 at 14:05
This is aching, hurt, sore throat and head.
But I dragged myself to moo's hospital appt. Two weeks of waiting....
15/02/2013 at 22:45

Been quiet on here today.  Is everyone taking the warnings of staying away literally.  Actually I had it first, but I did hold a handkerchief over my mouth when posting on here to avoid breathing my germs onto the forum. 

How did the appointment go by 'eck?

Away visiting family at the moment and I'm pleased to say feeling OK at the moment.

16/02/2013 at 07:11
He has 2 weeks until his next appt eith her. She will then make a decision about tube feeding because his weight gain is static.
16/02/2013 at 16:10

Hope people are feeling a bit better. Too much lurgy about

Got an 18 miler planned for tomorrow. Nervous. And it's silly...i know i can do it and it's going to be slow so will be fine and i shouldn't care about pace...but I can't help get nervous and doubt myself. Silly really. 

16/02/2013 at 18:02
Rwtw, I wish I were fit to run. I'm 90% certain I've got a chest infection, given the symptoms and the fact my dad and 2 friends have one.
I'm doing silly worrying about moo. Well, not really moo. Just trying to work out what I need to have in place in case he gets admitted
16/02/2013 at 19:36

by'eck that's no fun. Last year I had pneumonia for several months and so I really appreciate being well! (touch wood). I'm guessing the stress over moo isn't helping either . Planning is good. Know what you would need in case, and then if that does happen you can deal with it more effectively. As for the chest infection, I guess just try as much as you can to relax and rest...not easy when you have other worries I know . But do just think...once this is over, and it will be over and you will all be well....you will appreciate being well so much more. It took 4 months to shake off the pneumonia, i had to pull out of some big swimming events that I had trained all year for and wouldn't be able to do again, and it was during my final year of uni and it just all felt like things would not improve....but once I was better it was a big weight off my shoulders and I suddenly appreciated things a lot more....you will too, just hold on in there and lots of cuddles for the meantime

16/02/2013 at 20:40
Thank you.
I will enjoy lots of cuddles
16/02/2013 at 21:23

By 'eck sounds like you are a boy scout, "be prepared", at least planning is helpful.

(()) to those that want and go away to the germs.

17/02/2013 at 15:29
I am trying to stop the planning from becoming an obsession. We have a speech and language therapy appt before then. I have been bulk cooking food for the freezer ready for the kitchen coming out, and also in case we need to take food into hospital for moo. If you think I am becoming obsessed or it is unhealthy, please say.
17/02/2013 at 15:51

By'eck you sound organised. It doesn't sound obsessed right now, just organised. But keep posting on here . The fact you are worried it might become obsessive is probably a good thing, as being aware of it is good. (I don't have many adjecttives today it seems...).

18 miles done and it felt lovely. Had some post run happiness, but sadly feeling quite blue now for no reason. Guess its just a down from feeling good before.

17/02/2013 at 16:03
Rwtw, I understand the post run blues. Have you refuelled properly? What event are you training for?
17/02/2013 at 16:08

Training for the milton keynes marathon. Yeah, thought I had but might be that. But then it's tricky as i'm feeling the increased training is making me think 'oh i can eat that, i deserve it'...and i'm saying that far too much these days...

17/02/2013 at 16:15
I have some of those ryvita seed and fruit biscuits. Not very many calories (55) but good for refuelling and tasty. I did mk last year as my first marathon. It was horrendous weather wise but a good course
17/02/2013 at 16:22

oooo good idea. I got myself a scone. Not exactly healthy but tasty none the less! And ahh that's good! I've heard the weather was awful, but the course does look good

17/02/2013 at 16:30
Not what you expected from roundabout city. Some really lovely pointsq
17/02/2013 at 16:32

Ah good. Yeah...i was a little concerned it would be 26 miles of roundabouts but luckily not! Choose it as it's close enough to London so I don't have to stay anywhere . Pretty excited!

17/02/2013 at 16:33
I'm not averse to running thru puddles but when they are passed ankle deep and 100m long it takes its toll on your feet.
17/02/2013 at 18:18

By'eck...I struggle to run through small puddles!! Also, silly question really but I also like to plan...how did you get to the stadium? I'm going to get the train there - do they put on shuttle buses? (Tried to look on the website, bit unsure)

17/02/2013 at 18:19

I went to spectate at the MK Marathon last year as a mate in the office was doing it. The weather was just the worst, I got soaked to the bone and didn't see my colleague either! It looked like a great event though, big enough to feel like a real event but not so big that it's overwhelming. I'd like to do it myself one day.

Nice run this morning, beautiful weather and it really straightened my head out.

http://chasethepotato.wordpress.com/

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.