Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,461 to 5,480 of 6,029 messages
17/02/2013 at 18:22

yay for a nice run...and yeah, it sounds like a good first marathon! Just hoping the weather is better!

17/02/2013 at 18:25
Stayed overnight near Northampton and then we drove in. Put out a call on the MK thread and someone might taxi share
17/02/2013 at 18:32

Good idea, thank you

17/02/2013 at 18:34

My chest hurts
17/02/2013 at 19:14

RWTW. There are loads of bus stops outside the main MK train station and I'd guess some go to the stadium as there are also a lot of big shops on the same site.

http://chasethepotato.wordpress.com/

17/02/2013 at 19:27

Our club qualified for the national team orienteering final today.  This means a trip to the Forest of Dean in October.  Can't say I contributed to the score myself but it's good to be a part of it.

17/02/2013 at 19:58

Thank you ctpotato.
And LR -that's great!! How exciting!! 

17/02/2013 at 20:18

Still around - Trying to catch up.

17/02/2013 at 21:40

Any spare hugs about, both of us need a few tonight.

Our best friend's dog Amy had to be put to sleep this morning. We used to dog sit her, she was a lovely little dog, 13 years young, quick serious illness feel very down and tearful.

17/02/2013 at 21:48

(((CJ)))

That's got to me my department - sympathy where dogs are involved.  Dogs are just so lovely.  I've never been able to own one myself but I can imagine what a loss it can be.

17/02/2013 at 21:52
Sending hugs to those who need it
18/02/2013 at 09:44

CJ - that's so sad.Lots of hugs.

Having one of those days. Was meant to meet up with someone this evening and cancelled for no real reason. Just want to hide by myself... 

18/02/2013 at 18:30

Thanks for all the hugs, they were a great help.

((rwtw))

LR, we have never had a dog, as both working long hours, but loved her when she came to visit or stay. Amy was a minature Schnauzer, which is non moulting allergy proof sort. They have long moustaches and bushy eyebrows, so have great facial expressions, but she was small enough to sit on your lap. 

18/02/2013 at 20:33

Rwtw - that sounds like a very real reason to cancel to me.  The only reason it seems like no real reason is that some people just don't seem to have any problem with going out and being with people at any time.  You needed to be by yourself - that's reason enough.

Arrrr!  Just been looking up pictures of Schnauzers as I didn't know what they looked like.  Really cute.

18/02/2013 at 20:41

Thank you LR. That really helps to hear people say that.

I ended up spending a lot of today planning. Had a panic that I'm off course for my marathon as past few weeks haven't been very high mileage...but luckily MK is a while away so can plan. Building up to a weekly mileage of 40 (in mid 30s atm...) over next two weeks (so 36 this week, 40 week after) with an 18 miler this week and 20 miler next week, then an easier week as finally start work, then another 40 week with a 20 miler, a 40 plus week with 20 miler, an easier week, a 40 plus week with 20 plus miles, a 45 week with 20 plus miles...and then a two week taper. Gets lots of 20 milers in there, some easier weeks, and enough weeks of over 40 miles, so hopefully should be a good plan . Yay for planning. I also love numbers so had a day budgeting. Numbers and planning are a sure fire way to get me out of the dark!!

18/02/2013 at 20:47

Does this sound a good plan? I am doing less swimming atm, and where in the past I've concentrated on the key sessions, I've not been doing the easier runs. So will up the mileage by just adding in a few more easy miles. 

18/02/2013 at 20:56

As a p.p,s....I also had no idea what Schnauzers's looked like...but now I do, awwww. I like them and I'm not even a dog person

18/02/2013 at 20:58

I maybe can't relate to this one quite as well.  Adding in a few more miles has certainly never been easy for me.  I've been trying for years!

I was hoping to get back to the Monday night running group tonight - haven't been since about last September.  Didn't feel up to it in the end.  It's reasonable enough though - the weekend I've just had has left me tired out.  Will hopefully be OK for tomorrows running club run though.  Being really lazy tonight.  Haven't had anything to eat yet but will do now.  Usual problem though - eating far too late is not good for me but I'm always doing it.

18/02/2013 at 21:06

I always find it hard to eat at a sensible time. And a lazy day once in a while is good
Luckily I don't find it too hard to up the mileage (touch wood!!). Been used to doing so much swim training in the past that the more I do, the more comfortable I seem to feel. Well, hopefully anyway. Knowing I'm on track will certainly put my mind at ease as reading these forums sometimes really makes you doubt your own plan! Hoping that as long as I stretch thoroughly and have 2-3 rest days each week, and do the increased miles slow, that it'll work

19/02/2013 at 07:33
I'm finding it tough. Eating is going ok but the not knowing is messing with my head. How can I plan anything? Our new kitchen units arrive on Thursday and we need to find space for them. If anyone wants to help.... Will involve being paid in tea.and cake
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.