Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,481 to 5,500 of 6,029 messages
19/02/2013 at 07:39

Not sure domestic help like that is my area of expertise but as usual sending lots of hugs  (((by 'eck)))

The payment terms are good though - as long as that extends to herbal tea.

19/02/2013 at 07:47
We stock around 12 different types of tea including rooibos earl grey (delicious), peppermint, lemon &ginger and pomegranate
19/02/2013 at 07:49

Excellent.  If only I could get the time off work, I'd be there!

19/02/2013 at 12:06

If I were in any way practical I would be there. Sadly I am useless at all things practical.

19/02/2013 at 18:26
I am a wuss. I have a cold and dont want to do anything except curl up on the sofa and listen to my CD.
19/02/2013 at 18:36

That's the only sensible thing to do when you have a cold.  Life around us really should be able to stop so that we can do that when stuck with a cold.

19/02/2013 at 19:46
Children dont stop sadly.
Today moo had his speech and language assessment. Like all good children he barely spoke, almost completely ignored her (until the last 5 minutes) and was totally absorbed in opening the hidden sockets. Oh, and took a plate with him (!). She wants to do some more research into his medical history, talk to some of his people, and also look at how the NG tube could affect his speech if that is where we end up. And see him again. Ironically, his next appt is in our town on the same day as we were offered for an initial assessment with a woman who wasn't very nice to me, didn't connect with Michael, and only saw people in a town that isn't terribly easy to get to. So glad I spoke really nicely to the team secretary about seeing someone else.
19/02/2013 at 22:07

Made it to the running club run tonight.  Ran fairly well so was pleased with that.  Not quite so good though was having to fight with a lot of really bad stuff going on in my head.  At least managed to do that with it affecting my running - but certainly affected any possibility of enjoying it.

20/02/2013 at 16:13

Woohoo - got an interview for the job

20/02/2013 at 16:25

Congrats Bear!!

20/02/2013 at 17:26

Well done Bear!

I need hugs today.  Nothings wrong as such but a lot of small things are building up and getting to be too much.

20/02/2013 at 17:30

((( Caz )))

20/02/2013 at 20:27

Big hugs Caz.  (((Caz)))

Could do with some myself.  Just haven't really got over going away last weekend.  IT went OK but I've just been running on a deficit of me time this week - even though I'm getting plenty in the evenings, it's soon time to get up and go again and I just don't feel up to it.  Oh well, one more day then I've got three days off.  Fortunately I do have a fairly generous leave entitlement and take most of it in single days tagged onto weekends.

Great news Bear.

20/02/2013 at 20:57
Woohoo Bear

I will disinfect myself hthoroughly then hand out loads of hugs
20/02/2013 at 20:58

Don't think I mentioned, I've entered my first 10k race for this year.  Well it's the 2nd one I've entered as I'm already in for Lincoln 10k but have now entered Gainsborough 10k which comes around first in about 3 weeks time.  Really need to get a good one in to build some confidence.

21/02/2013 at 17:10
Miss by eck has been baking today. There are homemade sausage rolls, a sponge, and some rather scrummy cookies if anyone is tempted
21/02/2013 at 17:53

I'll skip the meat filled sausage rolls but cookies sound great!

How's the cold today, by 'eck?

I've been sat close by the guy who most probably caused the term 'man flu' to come into use.  It's not the coughing and sneezing (which can't be helped) but the amount of moaning and groaning that goes with it that's the problem. 

Oops, you probably daren't complain about your cold now!

21/02/2013 at 18:12
It's getting better thanks. I had a boss who insisted on you working from home if you were coughing and sneezing. He said you were more productive and didn't infect half the officdw
21/02/2013 at 18:24

(()) to those that would like.

Glad to hear the cold is getting better by 'eck.

Congrats on getting an interview Bear.

I will pass on the food, I have been away at a conference and it feels like I have eaten enough food for a month.

Good news is that our friend may be able to get a puppy as he has found someone to look after it during the day.

21/02/2013 at 18:40

Hey all 
Sorry I'm very quiet it'll probably stay that way for a little while, I'm so happy you guys still talk I like popping in when I can and feeling comforted by your chatter. 

I've got a bit of a dilemma the mental health team don't think that my recovery is entirely 'real' they think that while it's lovely that I'm feeling so much happier because we haven't done any of the trauma work (cos we did Dissociative Identity stuff instead) it's all festering away under the surface and I'm blocking it and eventually it'll all fall apart. They want me to speak with a clinical psychologist again with a view to doing the trauma stuff, I don't want to I just want to be happy for a while. 

I spoke to a friend who I respect and whose opinion I value and she said she agreed with the mental health team, she thinks she can feel the darkness just under the surface too. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.