Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,501 to 5,520 of 6,029 messages
21/02/2013 at 18:49

Solb, I tend to agree with the mental health team and your friend.  Its great to see you happy but it feels like a mask to me

Sorry if that comes across bluntly.  I'm a bit drunk.  Hiding behind my own mask at the moment

21/02/2013 at 20:09

(((Solb))) If its of any help, I've said I've been "well" 3 or 4 times only to find out that I wasn't well at all. I was better than before, but I still wasn't well. Thats the trouble with mental health, you can't check your pulse or stick a themometer in. But in the mean time enjoy being better than before. You are doing great. I still think I'm well but had a wobble today when it was suggested I go back to my old job next week. I replied that I had no intention of ever going back and my crappy old boss responded that it was probably better for everyone back there if I didn't. I started to crumble at not being wanted or valued but kept my head high. I'm getting it more in perspective now. I have to remember that I might never be 100% well, just have to contain my thoughts. 

Sorry for rambling on. I've had a couple of  glases  of wine  and anyway I'm now in my nice place of work for another month till end of March. Will see what happens then. 

Caz - giving you a big behind the mask hug. 

21/02/2013 at 20:21
I'm not drunk. I wish I were
21/02/2013 at 21:16

I'm not drunk either, but I have eaten half a large bar of belguim dark chocolate.

21/02/2013 at 21:20
I'm drunk on hot chocolate!
21/02/2013 at 21:44

About to start on the wine and chocolate shortly.  A night early as I've finished work for the week as I'm off out to see Uriah Heep in Bilston tomorrow night.  A bit of a long trip and I'm on driving duties.

Drunken hugs all round ((((everyone)))).  Particularly SOLB - looks like you've still got challenges ahead.  Let's hope it's all part of heading in the right direction towards better times for good.

Soupy - whoever thought you should go back to your old job clearly hasn't got a clue.  At least the end result is right and you can move on from there.

Been on the night orienteering again tonight.  Part of it was round streets tonight and pleased to say my running was quite good again.  Feeling like I'm about ready to tackle a 10k again.

22/02/2013 at 12:45

Hope everyone is alright. SOLB - good luck with it. It's frustrating when you fell better but people tell you you aren't....but the mind is an odd thing and can mask hidden problems. Better to get them all sorted then relapse again....

Having a very frustrating time with my knee / leg. No longer painful, just uncomfortable and stuff. Takes about 3 miles to get into a run and for it to no longer feel uncomfortable. Just feels awkward and annoying before that...and very much a mind game of getting through those easy few miles.....but I'm no good at 'mind over matter'. My mind tends to win. 

23/02/2013 at 11:36

Got quite drunk last night and ended up stuffing my face.....definitely eating my feelings. Instant regret and then completely freaked out about it. Haven't got so worked up about food in a long time and it was just horrible

23/02/2013 at 11:45

Big hugs (((rwtw)))

I definitely eat for comfort and then have big issues with my weight problem.  Things were obviously getting very frustrating for you.  You need to be able to forgive yourself the occasional slip up.  Not nice though.

Late one for me last night as I was out seeing a band and it was a long drive and a motorway closure on the way back made it longer.  I coped well and managed to keep a positive attitude. Good company and a good show helped.  I think that having to make that effort though takes it out for me.  I'm just feeling emotionally exhausted today.  Fortunately I don't have to do much so I can treat myself to a quiet one.

23/02/2013 at 12:05

Thank you LR. In reality I probably didn't eat a huge deal of calories....just I've been resitricting carbs and so obviously I ate a huge amount of carbs

Well done on keeping positive. I get so frustrated driving far! And yeah, putting on a brave face definitely takes a lot out of you, so chill out and watch the rugby  

23/02/2013 at 12:14

Yeah I ought to do that really but Lincoln City are at home so I'm off there.  The only chilling out that that's likely to involve is due it being freezing cold out there.

23/02/2013 at 13:42

I drunkenly texted the bf last night when freaking out about the food. He is now all concerned an trying to get me to go get help. But in this case, I think it's actually a fairly normal reacton. I've been actively being healthy and so when you eat a load of junk, it is a fairly normal reaction to worry about it and regret it....I don't see it as linked to my mental health. Especially in that it was all of 20 minutes of drunkenly freaking out...I didn't do anything stupid, and in the morning I felt fine and realised it was stupid. It's good he's protective, but I feel he's wrong.

23/02/2013 at 14:20

I've got into a bad routine with food too.  Drink might also become a problem if I'm not careful so I'm trying to keep an eye on it.

23/02/2013 at 16:31
It's nearly moo's birthday. I haven't really planned anything cos the last 2 years I ahave and we had to cancel
23/02/2013 at 16:34
I'm a bad mother
23/02/2013 at 18:14

You certainly aren't a bad mother, by 'eck.  Just the other day you were saying how much you were doing by preparing food in case moo had to go into hospital.  You showed how good you were by the lengths you went to for that.  Sometimes there's only so much you can do.

23/02/2013 at 18:56

opps, that'll be my fault for taking up so much of your time by 'eck

23/02/2013 at 19:13
I'm currently making chicken and bacon risotto
It's a bit of a large portion - I'm having to use my super large 4litre saucepan
24/02/2013 at 18:57

Had a bit of a melt down whilst out on my bike today, got really anxious and was tossing stupid things round and round in my head. I kept going and cycled home fine but it shook me up a bit as I've been doing well for the last few weeks. Maybe it was the cold weather 

http://chasethepotato.wordpress.com/

24/02/2013 at 21:26

I would say well done on keeping going with that going on ctp - but you're right in that it is more about how it affects your confidence going forward.  Let's hope it's just a blip.

I've had a really rubbish day today and not feeling very well.  I think things have just caught up with me from having to keep going at work then going away last weekend, back at work again and then the long drive on Friday night.  I though yesterday was my day where it had caught up with me, but today II've felt even worse.  I've been back to bed several times and have even had anothe nap this evening.  Hopefully I'm just doing the right thing to be fit for tomorrow.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.