Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,541 to 5,560 of 6,031 messages
01/03/2013 at 19:43
Moo doesn't like me at the moment. He is grizzling and trying to persuade me he knows better. He is currently having his first feed. I will need to change my bedtime because it is due to finish at 11pm and I normally go to bed at 10. Otherwise we dont have enough time to get it in.
01/03/2013 at 19:49

Sounds like it's going to take a lot of hard work and patience.  Fortunately you are a good mother so stay strong and keep believing it's worth it in the end.

02/03/2013 at 23:16
We're getting.there.
Clearly this thread needs more cake. I suggest carrot, chocolate snd magic rainbow cake. Thats lots of stripey layers
02/03/2013 at 23:23

Good to hear that.

A need for more cake - that's stating the obvious surely.  It's ages since I enjoyed a good battenburg. 

03/03/2013 at 12:45

I need a bath.  then cake.

03/03/2013 at 12:55

Good well structured plan.  The two together could result in very soggy cake.

03/03/2013 at 14:11

I put far too much pressure on my self....just done first 20 miler LSR and was a lot slower than recent runs, and instead of thinking, 'well, LSR's are time on feet and this is your first 20 miler so it's ok', I feel like I've failed and lost any confidence. past few 18 milers have gone well, yet this one was 20secs/mile slower! Grrr.

03/03/2013 at 14:16

Sorry, this sounds so selfish and petty and stupid, and there are such bigger things in the world....butthe tiniest thing like this will make me feel like a failure and get me down for days. It's stupid, and I apologise for how stupid it sounds :/

03/03/2013 at 14:52

It's OK, rwtw.  I think setting targets and expectation can be an important way of motivating ourselves and helping cope with life in general - but it's difficult to deal with when not being able to do as much as you would like.  I've certainly found not being able to run this week has really got me down.  I've genuinely been ill so there's a good reason.  Even so, what little bit of confidence I had from recent runs has gone with it and I'm faced with having to start all over again.  It also makes coping with work difficult.  You're definitely not a failure for doing 20 miles at all - in the same way that I'm not a failure if I get out to run again when I'm well.

I often think I need something else to be able to feel better about as once a run has gone badly that gets me down and makes it more difficult for another time.  Do you have other targets in your life that could be a focus for positives when the running isn't up to what you'd hope?

03/03/2013 at 16:21

Thank you LR. This is good to hear.

To top off a glum mood, i just had to spend an hour and a half on the phone to my bank as they had cancelled a standing order without informing me. Not on. They then wouldn't let me make a payment as I don't have telephone banking, and the online site wasn't working. So I was two days late on rent with no way of paying back. Cue me crying down the phone....seemed to just hit that panic button and was all I could do not to have a full on panic attack whilst on the phone.. Eventually sorted this months payment, but not at all happy that they canclled it without informing me. Grrr.

03/03/2013 at 16:37

Big hugs (((runwiththewind)))

03/03/2013 at 16:42

That is out of order rwtw.  I wouldn't be happy either

04/03/2013 at 18:05

Rubbish day today.  Just didn't feel like setting about battling through yet another week.  It's just such an effort all the time and I get fed up with it.  A quiet one tonight is definitely in order and hope for better tomorrow.

05/03/2013 at 17:56
Things are a bit hard
05/03/2013 at 17:58

Big hugs (((By eck))).  Is moo still in hospital?

05/03/2013 at 23:44

Wimped out of running club tonight.  Totally fed up with all now.

06/03/2013 at 10:45
Now home
06/03/2013 at 19:06

Thats good news by 'eck.  I assume that means that things are improving a little?

06/03/2013 at 19:24
Yes, though we had a delivery of medical supplies tonight and nearly everything is wrong. I'm really not happy
08/03/2013 at 01:18

Popping by to offer hugs but everyone is quiet, hope that means you are all good or at least better xxxxxxxxxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.