Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,601 to 5,620 of 6,031 messages
23/03/2013 at 19:34

Welcome Dudey! *waves*

I'll be at Brighton to support a friend of mine who is doing her last marathon, so I'll cheer you on too

23/03/2013 at 19:48
Welcome Dudey
23/03/2013 at 20:18
Thanks guys got Hastings half tomorrow so just devoured a big dinner hhhmmmm. Have you all been running this weekend?
23/03/2013 at 20:23

Hi Dudey. 

Enjoy Hastings tomorrow. I did it a few years ago and the first half was really tough but I loved the race. I also love Brighton marathon so you've picked some fab races. Too cold for running today here. Well its not really I suppose but it was a good excuse. 

23/03/2013 at 20:41
Thanks Soup Dragon. I did my first half in Tunbridge wells half last month which was hilly too, I must try and find some flatter ones!! Too cold is a good excuse, which is why I gave myself a day off yesterday fingers crossed for some warmer weather!!
23/03/2013 at 21:09

I'm no longer a runner.  I swim now, but I ahve a shoulder injury so I'm not even doing that this weekend

23/03/2013 at 21:18
Oh no you poor thing, hope you get better soon. Hopefully when you're up going again it won't be so cold brrrrrrr!
24/03/2013 at 09:35

Sorry about your injury Caz. Hope that gets better soon.  

I'm off to the gym soon, might manage half an hour on the dreadmill.

Dudey - Brighton is flatter than a flat thing on the second half. And the first half hills aren't too bad. Wish I was doing it, such a great race. Beats VLM. 

24/03/2013 at 09:43

Dudey, you are so sweet, but I thrive in the cold

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321440_10200328729370452_1403705139_n.jpg

24/03/2013 at 09:49

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I shiver at that picture. You are one tough cookie Caz. 

24/03/2013 at 10:27

Hi all, and welcome Dudey!

Been away for a while, and like a lot here definitely in need of hugs. Still injured and been to phsio and its the sciatic nerve, so very little I can do. Resigned myself to the fact I'm not going to be able to do MK but aiming for a local one to my home town at end of June. Gives me a long time to get better hopefully. 

Not having running is hard. I'm stressing about food and my weight and its making me down. Hopefully I'll get better soon, and i'm trying my hardest to stay positive but its just so tough!

Hope everyone stays warm today (Caz that picture is amazing! Never done an open water without a full on wetsuit and even then I'm freezing!!)

24/03/2013 at 20:18
Hi run with the wind, sounds tough sending you lots of hugs. Don't get down about weight and diet - eat normally and don't binge!! Is there any hobby you can do whilst recovery to keep your mind off things? Cooking, walking etc? I always find having a goal or hobby keeps your mind active to keep away from being anxious about other things. Take care xx

Caz - crazy person, that looks very brrrrrr I hope you are nice and snug and warm now!! Xx

I was just as crazy and ventured out for Hastings half, it was very VERY hilly. Did my half in TW in 2hrs 7 mins and was hoping to get to 2hrs today but did it in 2hrs 5 mins which is nothing to complain about!!

Hi everyone else, hope you've all had a lovely weekend!
24/03/2013 at 21:00

Well don Dudey - it is hilly isn't it. Well I was inspired by SC and the thought of you running along the cold Hastings sea front and braved an outdoor run. Only planned 3 miles but extended it to 6 still feeling good. Thats a sure sign that I'm feeling well. 

rwtw - take care of yourself 

hugs all round. Nice to chat to people on here again. 

24/03/2013 at 21:40
Oh wow well done, it's hard work motivating yourself in such cold - nice one!

Take care
26/03/2013 at 09:48

Morning. Bit of relapse here last night. Got hold of my occupational health records for the tribunal and it was not only hard reading back to the dark days, there was stuff on there I wasn't aware of including an email from my then line manager suggesting I was in the wrong . Even more worrying there is an entry to say the all the letters about me had been requested by a senior manager last October and sent to him without my knowledge.  I just don't know who to trust anymore and my thoughts are churning round in my head again. Didn't sleep much last night and I want to cry. 

Sorry for me, me, me indulgence. 

*looks for hugs blanket*

26/03/2013 at 10:10

I've decided to start applying for other jobs. I need to get out of there and I think I'm well enough to cope with an interview now. Couldnt even put an application together last year.  Seen a job about 7 miles away which I could still bike to. Its full time rather than part time but thats preferable to putting up with the shit I'm getting now. 

26/03/2013 at 11:31
Soupy, no need to hunt for thr blanket. I'll wrap you in a hug and hold you until you feel stronger
26/03/2013 at 14:08

Thanks by'eck. 

26/03/2013 at 14:40

Application form filled out. Will check it tomorrow and then press submit. Fingers crossed. 

14.39 and not dressed yet, still in jim jams and dressing gown. 

26/03/2013 at 14:48

Running through Citalopram. Trying to run rather. Dodgy left knee now - snowy anyway so not running in that. Slimming world has got me from 19st to 16st but now hit a plateau. Running and Mindfulness has greatly improved my attitude to depression so I'm slightly worried that my left knee will have a disastrous effect.

Ipod helps too when running.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.