Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,741 to 5,760 of 6,031 messages
05/05/2013 at 11:03

Good stuff, SOLB.  Only just got myself up this morning.  I definitely need an easier few days but I do wonder just how long it would take me to get any energy or enthusiasm back.

06/05/2013 at 08:41

If I burn myself out it usually takes at least 3, every single one of those days I question whether I could be doing more and if I'm just being lazy but then when it's really over I know it absolutely ... I never learn mind and still beat myself up over the rest days. Hope you are starting to feel better now  

06/05/2013 at 08:58

I've had an amazing weekend, but I forgot about the mess I'd left the house in and it was a bit of a shock to come back to it, not helped by the kitchen lampshade having fallen off and smashed while I was away. I think I need to find some superglue and hope I can fix it

06/05/2013 at 09:12

going for a 10 mile walk on Blackpool beach with the dogs and sister inlaw today. hoping to see my brother and nephews sailing in the sea. sun cream on, shades, and not a care in the world  

06/05/2013 at 09:17

Oh sounds idyllic Sleepy, made me smile and I'm not even going!

06/05/2013 at 09:18

Glad you had fun SCaz but mega ooops to the bombsite. We'll help clean up, virtually of course!!

08/05/2013 at 09:04

I'm off to see Divine Sossidge today I might fall asleep on her though having forgotten how to sleep the last few nights. 

I'm just wrapping up the birthday presents I couldn't post to her, OCD is being a demanding old toad and trying to stop me giving her the present that's taken aaages to make I don't think I'm winning - though I think it's let me get away with making her a cake which is still pretty impressive with all the contamination crap that circulates through my head. 

08/05/2013 at 18:47

Well done Solb. 

A nice young man has come over and fixed my bike for me.  I might take it for a test drive tomorrow

08/05/2013 at 23:30

Hope the day went well SOLB.

I've asked for a change of medication and am now on fluoxetine - having typed that I can see why it's referred to as prozac - that's much easier.  Hoping that might help as the citalopram was certainly getting me nowhere.

09/05/2013 at 19:10

I've got really bad hayfever today and it is bringing me down.

09/05/2013 at 21:07

I'm cross with hayfever too, it's really bad this year. Hope you feel better soon SCaz

I had a really lovely time with Sossidge  

Oh LR I really hope the Prozac works, it's a bit frustrating waiting for them to kick in though isn't it? How are you doing otherwise? 

09/05/2013 at 21:40

I have had two appointments with a new Clinical Psychologist, I really like her but I feel really bruised as we are still in the assessment phase. Today was very very hard

We did an OCD assessment thingie today, was soul destroying I thought I'd made so much progress but the results make it sound horrific still. It scores in the most extreme band still :'( I know it's just the way the test works but it feels a bit miserable when I've worked so hard. 

It sounds suspiciously like I am about to be slapped with an ED diagnosis too, and my homework focuses on that. 

I do really really like the psychologist she actually listens and she seem really intelligent and her approach sounds good. Essentially she wants to work out what function the unhelful strategies are playing. She thinks that otherwise it'll just keep coming back or sneaking up on me in a new disguise. 

She doesn't know whether it'll be OK for us to work on it all or if it'll undermine the amazing progress I've made elsewhere though. I am trying not to mind either way but I really want to keep making progress now

09/05/2013 at 21:41

I used to be on prozac, takes 2-3 weeks to kick in,

09/05/2013 at 21:45

Howdy Bear

09/05/2013 at 22:19

Hey Solb

My "hay fever" seems to have disappeared, maybe it was just a cold

09/05/2013 at 22:37

Been a bit of a rough time lately but have been doing a bit better this week on the back of a bank holiday weekend where I had plenty of time to myself.  Another thing I've tried lately is reiki.  First session was when I was having a bad week last week and she was amazed how nervous I was - but I did feel more relaxed by the end of it.  Felt a bit better for this weeks session.  Not sure yet how much benefit it will have in the midst of all the other ups and downs.

SOLB - you've certainly shown how much progress you've made with the OCD so I'm sure it must be disheartening to be told that you're still in the highest category - but try not to let that get you down when you've done so well so far.

10/05/2013 at 13:47

Glad you've had a better week LR, reiki sounds kind of interesting. I'm crap at anything aimed at promoting relaxation it took me ages to realise that the truth is I just feel really unsafe if I've let my guard down enough to relax so therefore I should stop aiming for it even though everyone always tells me it's a good thing. 

Thanks I've decided to stop being grumpy about the categrisation it is probably helpful really cos the reason the Psychologist is unsure about whether to work with me is because she is worried that we would be risking all of my progress so far to make improvements. Truthfully if it looks like I haven't achieved as much then it'll help sway her towards helping and that is what I want  

10/05/2013 at 19:03

i am ok. RW doeant like me using my phone. I Make too many mistake and that upsets me.

10/05/2013 at 19:39

My hayfever has gone today too Bear.  Rain tends to do that

10/05/2013 at 19:43

I like your mistakes *gives by eck a kiss*

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.