Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,801 to 5,820 of 6,062 messages
10/05/2013 at 22:31

Oh and -

11/05/2013 at 10:34

Ha ha ha parties YAY!

11/05/2013 at 14:57

Looking forward to the party.

11/05/2013 at 15:41

I've been feeling really lonely the last couple of days ... have decided to be a bit brave and go to a gay bar on my own tonight. Not really on the pull but I figured a girl on her own in a straight bar on a Saturday night might be a bit misleading! I just dont have any local friends and that sucks (though I am stupidly blessed with the incredible friends i have in far away places) that said the nearest gaybar is a 45 minute drive away so not that local anyway!
Kinda nervous and kind of excited, I've never been to a gaybar before (well except for a nervous one drink wonder when I was 19)

11/05/2013 at 15:53

I'll be with you in spirit Solb, supporting you from afar.  You can do this, my brave little chicken.

11/05/2013 at 15:57

It was a bit of a spontaneous decision, truthfully though I've got nothing to lose. If I go and hate it I can just slope off home. Hope it's fun though *wibble* 

11/05/2013 at 16:10

Go for it SOLB and beat the wibble!  Hope it goes well for you.  I'll join Caz in the cheerleader squad.  Pom poms at the ready, Caz!

Just found out that there's an urban orienteering event on in Chesterfield tomorrow so I might get a trip out for that.  Certainly having an unproductive day today.  Even my usual can't get going till after midday rule hasn't applied today.

11/05/2013 at 16:17

Thank you guys  

I sometimes have days like that too LR, sounds like you need a rest day or two. If you can't get motivated there's no point in beating yourself up about it, pushing against a brick wall will only make you tired for longer!

11/05/2013 at 16:23

Well that's why I'm thinking I might has well go out tomorrow as I'm struggling to achieve anything here.  Had a quiet three days last weekend which at least made for a better week at work this week.  Still difficult to get moving on days off though.  Just hoping that the change in medication may help things in a while.

On a positive note though, I have cheese.  Oops, wrong forum!

11/05/2013 at 16:30

Ha that's OK you can bring your nasty cheesy stuff here, the mundanies let me play over there despite my dislike of said flavoured fat (and I love my cheese loving mundanie Tshirt all the same)

Good call on the snoozy day LR, I think I might have a little walk, nowhere to go but the hayfever is still ganging up on me with asthma so I've not run all week. I have a docs appointment on Tuesday to beg for better antihistamines and to ask for some advice about a nasty trapped nerve in my back that has refused to heal by itself in 6 weeks - I love running. Hurry up and remember that body!

I skipped my a/ds yesterday and have only just taken them today. Forgot the dreadful sinking sick feeling I get every time I move my eyes in withdrawal. Ooops! I'm taking Duloxetine at 90mgs though the psych said there's no evidence to show that 90 is better than 60 so I want to reduce them. Anyone else take them?

11/05/2013 at 16:39

My hayfever has been bad too.  I've had three asthma attacks in the last 24 hours.  Prior to that it had been months since I needed my inhaler

11/05/2013 at 16:42

you OK Scaz? Sounds like you could do with a docs appointment too!

11/05/2013 at 16:46

I'm fine, but I don't think it helps that my hayfever tablets and inhaler are both out of date.  I didn't need to use either last year.  I will request a repeat prescription on Monday

11/05/2013 at 17:28

*waves pom poms for Solb*

11/05/2013 at 18:14

Been lurking for a bit. Been ridiculously hectic with work as working Mon to Thurs up in Edinburgh and then back in London on Fridays...pretty hectic. Still, i'm enjoying it even if it is wearing me down a bit.
Broke up with the bf. Was a good decision though as I think i've known for a while it wasn't right. Kind of helped along by the fact I am definitely falling for a colleague. And he knows about the depression and his best friend has it, so he's been great about it. Been a tricky few weeks, but nice to get back on here and hear from you lovely people. Loving all the pictures!

11/05/2013 at 18:43

Wow that's some impressive travelling you are doing there!
Oh lovey sorry about the break up, tis still sad even though it sounds like it'll be a good thing overall. That said ... I sense upcoming gossip on the colleague front! Even if nothing happens it's nice to know there are genuine and kind people out there in the big bad world. 

Well I've just spent an obscenely long time in the shower, considering actually blow drying my hair for the first time in a million years

11/05/2013 at 18:44

Still wish I could drag you lot to the club with me!! 

11/05/2013 at 18:54

Good to hear from you rwtw and hope you're OK with the breakup.

Bit of a long drive for me, SOLB, you're going to have to brave it alone!

11/05/2013 at 19:12

I've been in a gay club before, was quite flattered to get my arse pinched even though I did have to tell him I was straight

11/05/2013 at 19:23

Ha ha haaa love that Bear. 
OK those on my Facebook have seen my pic but for what it's worth this is me ready to go *major wibbles*

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/614453/gallery/image321.jpg?width=350

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.