Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,821 to 5,840 of 6,055 messages
11/05/2013 at 19:47

I suspect you'll be turning heads sweetie

11/05/2013 at 20:00

being a Blackpool lad I thought all clubs were gay bars! until I was taken out in Preston around the meat market night clubs and made to listen to terrible music whilst avoiding the punch ups. the music is always better as are the dancers in gay bars- you will have a blast all dolled up like that have fun. 

11/05/2013 at 20:37

Solb - you look gorgeous! good luck! go have fun

Thanks for the kind words

12/05/2013 at 11:18

Ahhh was a bit dead, not many people there and no laughter at all

12/05/2013 at 13:08

Urghhhh I've been really lazy today, time to dig deep and do something a bit more productive 

12/05/2013 at 14:23

Big hugs (((SOLB))) - and saving a real one for next week.  I think it was a great effort by you to go out and do that so you should be really proud of your efforts.  Most people I know couldn't do anything like that on their own.  Just a real shame there wasn't more going on there to make the effort feel worthwhile.

Just back from my urban event in Chesterfield.  Certainly went better than St Albans a couple of weeks ago - though not quite as scenic.  Still too tense to be able to manage running anything even remotely uphill - but doing OK if it's flat.

13/05/2013 at 17:39

Just found out that my friend in the hospice died on Friday.  I won't be going to the funeral as I said my goodbyes months ago and its a long way to travel.  At least she is no longer suffering.

13/05/2013 at 17:59

Sad news.  Big hugs (((Caz))).

14/05/2013 at 14:58

I am sorry about your friend, how are you feeling today SCaz? 

I had a spontaneous first date last night, I really liked her. I felt comfortable talking to her and all of us sudden it was midnight when it felt like we'd just got there. Pretty sure there will be a second date

14/05/2013 at 18:09

Excellent news, SOLB.  Funny how these things work out by chance after your trip on Saturday came to nothing.

Off shortly for my first appointment with a Wellbeing Practitioner.  Not sure what to expect.

14/05/2013 at 18:27

Ooo will you let us know how you get on? Be really interesting to find out what a Wellbeing practitioner does  

14/05/2013 at 18:40

I have a job interview on Friday

*wibble*

14/05/2013 at 19:25

Oh Bear you wonderful little thing, anything we can do to help? 

14/05/2013 at 20:03

I'm fine today, thank you Solb.  A bit down but I think that is tiredness as much as anything.  I woke up at 4 this morning and then had some strange half awake dreams

14/05/2013 at 20:11

Tiredness is horrible, hope you get some rest now

14/05/2013 at 20:49

Probably not.  Its that time of year when it gets light so early and I tend to wake up with the daylight.  But despite that, this is still my favourite time of the year.  I love April / May.

14/05/2013 at 22:19

Was only a half hour session which is the first of a maximum of 8 sessions.  Working on challenging negative thoughts so over the 2 weeks till the next appointment have got to record situations and how they make me react.  This is very much the stuff I have been wanting to work on from a book I've got but have not managed to do so.  At least a subsequent appointment gives me something to, hopefully, motivate myself to do things properly.

15/05/2013 at 11:51

Oh that makes a lot of sense LR, how are you feeling about it now? Have you manafed to do any? 

I have some homework to do before my psychology appointment tomorrow - am procrastinating :-/ 

Second date tomorrow night too  

15/05/2013 at 16:31

My heart is misbehaving I can feel the arythmia. No point going to the docs cos they can't do anything, I feel suddenly shattered though ... might have to sleep, lots

15/05/2013 at 17:09

Have a sleep then if you need it

I'm a bit wibbly about this job - just a bit worried I won't show myself at my best.  There are some very senior peeps at this interview, one from where I worked when I had my major wobble so I'm feeling a bit vulnerable

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.