Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,841 to 5,860 of 6,062 messages
15/05/2013 at 17:27

Scratch that I couldn't have a snooze the bedsheets are in the washing machine. I finished the gardening instead. 

Oh little bear it's understandable that you do feel a bit nervous and vulnerable but you've come such a long way from then.

If it came to it the interview isn't life or death, hopefully you'll be able to tap into the improvisational skills you use with your improv stuff and you'll be able to be confident and happy and show yourself off in your best light - but truthfully if you don't it'll be OK. There will be other jobs and you'll have had a bit more interview practice and know that you weren't quite ready YET that's all, 

15/05/2013 at 17:47

Hopefully - I just feel more fragile and think I'll easily get nydged back to my un-confident self. It happened at my last interview so rather than giving a secent fall back answer I crumbled if that makes sense

15/05/2013 at 17:50

Aww little bear, it's really hard but there's no reason to think you'll struggle just cos you did last time. 
Want us to go through some questions with you or do you have some peeps to do that with? 

15/05/2013 at 17:55

The other thing is one of the peeps works at the hozzy i went sick from so i can't blag that

Practice questions would be good

15/05/2013 at 22:09

Good luck with the interview, Bear and good look with the appointment tomorrow, SOLB.

I need to do some work on my homework before I turn in as have got a few ideas already - probably will totally forget them when it comes to writing them down.

16/05/2013 at 06:47

I guess the most important one for you to feel confident about is how to handle a question about whether you're ready to return to work. I'd go with saying how positive and re-energised I was and raving about the success of the treatments tried so I could try to convince them that I'm unlikely to go off sick again cos that'll be a major concern for them ... it'd be worth working out how to convince them in advance, especially as you are wibbling a little about whether it's true right now. The others might have a better way for you to approach it though so I'll leave all this bit blank for them to chip in  

The Psychologist has cancelled anyway so I get a temporary reprieve on the homework. 

I am horribly tired, couldn't sleep all night. I'm going to have to drink lots of coffee this evening to stay awake and not be Snoozy Solby on my date. 

16/05/2013 at 06:47

Oh and morning by the way 

16/05/2013 at 07:14

Morning - or night - seeing as you're going back to sleep.  Hope you're awake and refreshed in time for the date.

16/05/2013 at 07:41

Just popping in to wish Bear all the very best of luck for Friday. Bear, very wise words from SOLB. I sit on interview panels regularly and one thing that makes a candidate stand out is expressiveness, passion and preparedness (ok that's two things...I can't count ). You have the experience and know you can do the job, but you will also be asked about your time off work and your readiness to return. The more prepared you are for questions like this, the better. Mention your improv, that's a real sign of improvement because it shows you're ready for new challenges and willing to push yourself outside your comfort zone. It's also something I doubt many people who haven't been through what you have, would consider! 

One thing I would also say is don't let nerves be a worry. Pretty much everyone I've interviewed has been nervous; it's nartural, keeps you sharp, and shows you really care about applying for the job. Honey, you've come a long way and it's absolutely brilliant that you're applying for jobs now. You're stronger than you think or feel, and you should be very very proud of yourself  

ok, as you were, I'll butt out now. I have a special Mr. Men book to post to my best friend Take good care, all xx

16/05/2013 at 08:18

SOSSIDGE!!! Hello 

16/05/2013 at 08:22

PS. The snooze was rudely interrupted by dreaming of my Dad's voice saying my name ... I jumped out of bed, boinged about a bit feeling confused then remembered that Dad is safely cuddled up with Spotty and I must have dreamt my wake up call ... worse than being a teenager when Dad discovered the calamity of the night before!

There is blue in the sky

Sossidge darling you are speshul x

16/05/2013 at 13:58

Thanks Sossidge and Solb you are both fab

16/05/2013 at 21:07

Hope Solb's having a good date and gets a snog . Hehe I mistyped that as "snif" at first.

I'm having a wobble

16/05/2013 at 21:41

That's natural, lovely Bear! Try to get some rest tonight. I find writing stuff down that I'm worried about helps massively. I'd be more concerned if you weren't wobbling, tbh! 

16/05/2013 at 21:50

Thanks Sossidge - a lot of it is physical - thumping head and racing heart

16/05/2013 at 22:27

You're as prepared as you can be now Bear. I know it's hard, but try to get some rest tonight. If the worst comes to the worst and you're not successful this time then chalk it down to experience and know you did brilliantly to get to this stage, but I've got every confidence you'll give it your best shot honey. I really hope you're successful. It's a big step for you and that should be recognised and applauded. Try to get some sleep, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow (albeit when I'm shovelling 1.5 tonnes of shit on my allotment!!) and will check in to see how it went. 

have faith in yourself my friend. Remember how scared you were of improv at first and take strength in how amazingly you've done at that and how far you've come x

16/05/2013 at 22:34

In a way getting the job is more scary - will I cope? Still, I need to try it and find out

Got an impro show Saturday - woohoo!

16/05/2013 at 22:39

You're right, you won't know unless you try

Fab news about the improv show Right, I'm off for an early night before the shit shovelling commences! Night night and good luck for tomorrow

16/05/2013 at 22:44

Good Luck Bear 

Hello Sossidge 

16/05/2013 at 22:53

Good luck for tomorrow, Bear.

In need of some chill out time.  I was committed to going to an orienteering relay event tonight but I really didn't feel up to it but didn't want to let the other team members down.  It was a realy effort to go through with it and, due to the nature of it, it was a longer session than usual waiting for all the teams to come in and results to be announced.  Thankfully got tomorrow on leave but have things that need to be done and don't feel like doing them.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.