Mental illness and running

I wanted a place where we could get advice and support.

5,921 to 5,940 of 6,055 messages
27/05/2013 at 16:30

Ooh, sorry sb - wasn't ignoring you either!  I wouldn't say I actually prefer worse weather but my state of mind always a bigger obstacle to running than the weather so I certainly don't let the weather stop me.  Hope you're able to get out running again soon. 

27/05/2013 at 18:03

Thanks for that Lincon Runner, I done a body pump class at the gym today and was itching to run as it was so lovely but I had to hold myself back. Still, no adverse effects so onwards and upwards!

28/05/2013 at 18:13

*Bounds in excited*

I got the job. 

Hello sb67. 

28/05/2013 at 19:04

indeed and lots of celebratory hugs (((SD))).  Will post again later - off to running club.

28/05/2013 at 19:52

woohoo

28/05/2013 at 21:58

Congrats Soupy.

Hello everyone. I am keeping up the PMA as its only 5 sleeps until the big race day for me.

28/05/2013 at 22:27

Got through the run OK tonight but found the off road running pretty painful.  One added incentive to keep getting out is that I'm now on the schedule to lead a couple of runs in August and September so that will hopefully help encourage me to push on.

What was the job Soupy?  And which is the big race, CJ?  There's probably something really big that I should know about - but personally my sights are set on Woodhall Spa 10k this weekend.

28/05/2013 at 22:41

Just got back from a celebratory curry.  The job is a full time job with community matrons trying to keep vulnerable people from being admitted into hospital by arranging home care. So interesting and means I can leave my terrible employer. Constructive dismissal notice goes in tomorrow. 

I did the Bupa 10k in London yesterday. Slowest ever time but most enjoyable race. Saw Mo Farrah running back along the embankment (great to be in same race as Mo) and really enjoyed it. Still buzzing

Good luck for your race Steady. I've got Enduroman half ironman on Sunday which I'm fretting about. 

I feel really well at the moment. Had a bit of a blip when my tablets ran out but picked up again now, so shows I still need them.

Good luck for Woodhall Spa LR. 

Waves to everyone else 

Bear - hope your turn for a new job comes soon.

x

29/05/2013 at 07:27

Up bright and early - got half a day's work doing mock interviews for students

30/05/2013 at 17:48

Good Luck for Sunday Soup Dragon. I have only done a sprint tri before so I am entering the unknown with nerves and bravado.

05/06/2013 at 21:36

Hellooo, anyone about?

It has gone rather quiet. Is everyone OK.

I raced, I DNF'd, I have analysed why and now know what to work on for next time.

Onwards and upwards.

05/06/2013 at 22:11

My last effort was a DNS at Woodhall Spa - more like fail to take the turn off for Woodhall and head home instead.  Next 10k entered for the Summer Solstice run so hoping this one doesn't get messed up.  Failed to get out for a run on the last two nights but made it to orienteering tonight and, as it was a very runnable area, managed to get a decent amount of running in which will hopefullly give me a better chance of getting out tomorrow night.

Otherwise, am likely to be offered counselling which I think would be more beneficial that the sessions that I am doing at the moment. 

06/06/2013 at 18:58

Sorry to hear about your DNF steady. But well done for looking on the positive by planning forward.

I finished Enduroman mainly because of the generous cut-offs. It took me 9:30 hrs. Bike took 4.20, I would have been pulled off any other course. I really enjoyed it though and going back next year.

06/06/2013 at 19:56

Well done Soupy, I have heard the run at Enduroman is a brutal course which I am sure I would hate.

06/06/2013 at 21:38

It is brutal indeed Steady, but that gave me a good excuse to walk most of it. I only ran the downhill bits.

I've just read your race report. You poor thing, you sounded so gutted. And all because of stupid stubbed toe. (((Steady)))

06/06/2013 at 22:02

I am picking up now, planning my training for the next few months.

I am going to do my first ever Parkrun on Saturday, so will go from doing my longest ever event to the shortest possible. I tried a short bike ride, the toe is bruised feeling rather than painful now.

06/06/2013 at 22:14

I'm also considering doing my first Parkrun on Saturday.  There's one just started up in Newark which makes it viable for the first time.  The only trouble is the start time.  I don't normally feel that well in the mornings so I can't tell until the time if I'll be feeling up to it - but I've got my barcodes at the ready.

Got out for a running club run tonight.  Went OK - found it pretty tough going on the off road parts but the road running was better.

13/06/2013 at 08:09

Oooh loving all the positive vibes, so glad I popped in for a catch up. 
I have been toying with the idea of regular parkruns when I get back from a whole month playing in America  

I've been for a couple of short runs in the last few days, I can feel my running mojo coming back even though it's still pretty hard work - yay! 

How are you all? I'm really happy, I wanna share the smiles around  

13/06/2013 at 16:47

LR did you get to parkrun? I did my first one and was not last and managed to run all the way. The time of day for the run is not great for me, as I usually swim early on Saturdays and then its a rush to get there in time.

Solb, enjoy the other side of the big pond, hope you don't get homesick being away for a whole month.

13/06/2013 at 18:48

Oooh what are you doing in America Solb?  Have fun

I am having so much fun at the new improv class, laughing myself silly

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.