MPLR and wobbly numb knee

Just starting out but wobbly knee is putting me off

2 messages
24/01/2013 at 21:13
Hello, I had a medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction about 4 years ago and a lateral release about 5 years ago following numerous dislocations. I really wanted to get back in to running after my MPLR but just never felt 100% confident on my knee. I've had a weird numbness issue that just seems to have gotten worse over the last 6 or so years and is really putting me off any sort of exercise. It's a bit difficult to explain but feels like the whole knee area just goes numb - but feels like all the muscles around the left knee go weak and knobbly too. I still have foot and ankle and lower leg feeling but the knee area is useless. It feels like my knee bones are just banging around in a loose fleshy bag! I'm constantly convinced its going to dislocate! It seems to have gotten worse over the last few years. I can now keep a 3-4 mph jog up for about 400m. I absolutely cannot sprint it's just too terrifying. Nobody I've spoken too has any ideas - but it's definitely not psychological! Right knee is fine never had an issue btw.
24/01/2013 at 21:33
Are you related to Phil ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.