MRI Scan

Anyone had one?

21 to 22 of 22 messages
08/02/2005 at 00:53
Just had an MRI scan for a L5/S1 disc prolapse / spondylolisthesis;am considering surgery as I have had referred posterior thigh pain for 5 mths. Can you still run and /or compete to any degree Thandiwe? I find running too painful but can have a good work out on the elliptical trainer pain free. The MRI scan itself is not upleasant; I played my own CD but couldolyoccasionally hear it; the most difficult thing I found ws staying awake, as it was at the end of a busy work day!
08/02/2005 at 09:22
RB, I have occasional "bouts" with my back, when I get pain that can best be described as toothache of the left leg! However, it abates. With proper back management, I have been able to continue life as normal for the most part. At the moment, that injury is the least of my worries, anyway - I seem to have a million others!

BTW - L5/S1 is about the most common area for back injuries and a spondylolisthesis is dead common, too - especially among people who have done things like dance, gymnastics, diving, figure skating, etc. - all the "bendy" things. There are loads of us about.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.