Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,201 to 36,220 of 45,793 messages
13/12/2012 at 19:36

EF, one more sleep!!  Excited and nervous for you. 

Vixo, I think we need you to at least say 'hello' every day now otherwise we shall be speculating that you have gone off to have the baby!

13/12/2012 at 19:42

My voice is still pretty much missing, a friend recommended fresh pineapple and it does seem to have improved, might not be a result of the pineapple at this point though!

So glad he has been found Lotte.

EF - everything crossed here for tomorrow!

CM - a cat that sits in your jacket in this weather sounds ideal!

13/12/2012 at 19:47

Boo to lost voice Caro.

Love these kitten stories, what little monkeys they are!

Lotte - such a relief for you (and hope your phone didn't go for a swim )

EF - lol to pregnant brain too, made me chuckle .  Feeling the countdown with you!

Yes so after I posted on here Nicky had some water and threw it up a few mins later, then wanted more so we let him and he threw that up after about 20 mins.  Rang doc again in between and he said if he keeps the water down, wait an hour then give him the ABs (he wasn't sure if it was a virus or not but I think just thought he'd throw everything he could at him!) and if he didn't keep the water down to take him along to the Childrens Hospital - it's only a 10 min drive away for us so no big deal really.

So got seen quite quickly by A&E doctor after N was put on a fluid trial thing where I had to only let him have 7mls of water every 5mins, which he kept down for about an hour then suddenly threw it all up on the floor (not my carpet or clothes this time at least ).  He went on to throw up a couple more times (pure blackcurrant! ).  They gave him a big dose of inhaler but after the second one the doc said she didn't think it had helped much so decided to keep him in to see another doc as he was at risk of dehydration and his oxygen levels were a little bit low (88% - should be 94% or higher I think).

Anyway that was as far as we got diagnosis-wise as we then got transferred to a bay with a bed and told to wait for the doctor.  This was at about 9.30pm.  3am the doctor turned up.  3am!!!! By that point he was sitting playing happily on the bed, singing songs,wearing the (unused!) sick bowl as a hat or hiding his trains in it etc, but had JUST fallen asleep (finally) when the doc came.  She apologised and said we had been missed out for some reason - great .  He was last sick at 10.30pm and had been sipping water since and it stayed down thankfully.  

Basically I just wanted to go home at that point - I could see his oxygen levels were up, he was clearly feeling better, hadn't been sick and we had already got an inhaler from the GP earlier in the day, so I wasn't really bothered about what she said and also shattered so could barely think straight to tell her what had happened!

Bit annoyed with hubby for putting on FB that N was in hospital - giving no explanation so all my friends started texting me all worried !  He is soooo easily worried when Nicky's ill, I know it's understandable but really sometimes it's just not helpful!

Sorry that was quite a waffle!  Had to miss work today obviously so don't get paid, but hubby took S to school, Grandma picked her up and me and N got up around 11.30-12pm.  I've barely eaten in the last 24 hours as no chance between cleaning up puke and sitting around in hospitals, though I haven't felt that hungry really (who would really in that situation!). 

So I still feel that it's a virus (and the doc thinks so too) but I don't think the stomach thing is a bug - it just seems different from normal tummy bugs.  He didn't have a temperature or get hot and sweaty, go pale etc then throw up, it was just really sudden every time.  Don't know really, unless that's just the way he deals with it - he's never had a tummy bug before.  Right I'll shut up now.

13/12/2012 at 20:33
Hello!! No baby yet!

JG - sounds like an exhausting night, but good that he's seeming a bit better. When E was poorly she was just off colour with a cough, not much in the way of a temp, and was being sick, but it didn't seem like a tummy bug. Sounds like quite similar to what you've got there? She actually improved very quickly after starting antibiotics and my husband was convinced she had something like a sinusitis which was causing gunge to go down the back of her throat and make her sick - nice!

CM - cat down the jacket sounds like the ideal solution to a cold house - unless they do that 'happy claw' thing where they knead at you with claws out!
13/12/2012 at 20:48
Oh goodness JG that sounds like a very stressful night for you. Hope he continues to improve and that you get some decent sleep tonight. Hmmmmm yes men don't think and are defiantly on different planets to us!
CM - you still have no heating on? Mad woman. It was -9 here last night and hasn't got above -1 today, sooooooooo cold it's unreal, brrrrrrrrr. We have heating on and a log burner and I'm now warm! And it's blooming we'll snowed again a couple of inches, grrrrrrrrrrrr. Have a minor head injury - big egg on ma head, sore head and muscles on the side of my neck tender, oh and hit my bum again. Slipped on the ice/ snow on my bike, ouch. Think I was knocked out for a few secs and when I realised what had happened the girls were about 100 metres in front of me- they didn't realise I had gone up behind them and thought I had gone down the hill home!!!!! Silly me, did give me a real fright. Anyway we have to leave at half six in the morning, drop M of at my mums, drive to Inverness, park the car and get the 7.55 am train to Edinburgh. Think we get in about half eleven then. Fingers crossed it doesn't snow anymore.
Oh Vixo exciting times, not long to go now, what's your due date again???
EF - best of luck for tomorrow, bet u will be tossing n turning the night.........
Great news that is is found Lotte and safe, whew
Boo to the lack of voice Kinsey.
Canna remember anything else sorry x
13/12/2012 at 20:52
Oh EF - all thoughts with you for tomorrow.

RF - ouch! Due date not til next Friday so am assuming it will be a little while yet!
13/12/2012 at 21:21

Yes ouch RF, hope you're not too sore.

Vixo - yes that does sound similar.  I felt it was the difficulty breathing/mucus that was somehow causing him to be sick.  Also he hasn't had diarrhoea and actually did a poo today (sorry TMI!) after not eating since yesterday lunchtime and being sick repeatedly since, so something has digested.  Hope no-one's eating!

TBird if you're around - don't feel bad about the Masterchef spoiler on FB!  I should have waited for hubby to watch last night's really but he's out on his work do and I had such a rubbish evening yesterday I thought I'd just watch it.

Got a weird question - when I was pregnant my tummy (and boobs as I remember!) got really itchy when they were expanding.  Now I'm losing weight, I'm getting really itchy across my tummy again as it (slowly) shrinks.  Is this a normal biological phenomenon?!

13/12/2012 at 21:36
Well I'm itchy if that helps!!

On phone in bed as v bleugh tonight. Trying to go for shower.
13/12/2012 at 21:36
Rf have a fun trip!
13/12/2012 at 21:46
Thanx!
I'm also in bed.
Night )))
13/12/2012 at 22:48

Yes - will be thinking of you EF and hopping on here when I can - everything crossed.

Hope you are not too bruised RF - haven't read previous page but saw on FB

JG - that sounds pretty alarming. Lots of horrible stuff around at the mo.

Did 4 miles on treadmill tonight and was quite getting into the groove but it was already 9pm and I hadn't actually had tea at that point so no further than that.

Trying to look for meteor showers but just too cloudy. Lovely seasonal dusting of snow - about 4 inches of that fab dry crunchy stuff. Looks perfect.

Right off to bed for me

14/12/2012 at 07:06
Quick pop in to say thinking of you EF, hope today goes well. x
14/12/2012 at 08:33
lots of happy thoughts to EF for today.

Ang- my treadmill folds up tiny, it's a Jessica Ennis one from argos, it says it only goes up to 12kph but the fastest I have managed on it is 9kph + I am running way faster than I do outside, despite my Garmin saying I run around 10kph on outside runs. calorie counter + heart monitor bit r way off too, so I just run for a set time rather than going by the distance on the treadmill. When I was looking for treadmills myself I was looking at ones that did over 14kph + they tended to b way over ??500 + much bigger. So I am happy my Mum got me this one, I wouldn't have looked at it as the max speed is lower, but it was under ??400 + a brilliant size. I have no space, but it tucks away neatly in the corner of dining room + is easy to move around, takes up 28"x14" in corner + is 5' 6" high. Argos often have brilliant sales on treadmills around Jan/Feb time too.
14/12/2012 at 08:34

lots of positive vibes for you EF!

14/12/2012 at 09:13
Thanks people I spoke too soon about sleep - awake for 3 hrs feeling terrible - retched if the duvet so much as touched my stomach. Then finally dozed off at about 5.45 only to be woken by Andy roaring in my lug hole that no it is NOT time to get up!
14/12/2012 at 10:52
Sending healing vibes all round! Good luck EF and thank goodness about your cousin, Lotte. Hope Nicky is on the mend now, JG. And anyone else who has been/is poorly xx

Not had time to post lately as you will have gathered... Ben has been away so trying to juggle full time job, little boy and running the business at probably one of the busiest periods of the year! Was doing really well until JP and I got flu - cue visit to emergency doctor on Weds as he had a nasty rash all over (mummy in panic mode!) and a very high temp. Thank goodness it is just a nasty virus and I think we are both over the worst of it. And as well as that, Ben has been in hospital in Brunei He is now on his way home, later than planned, but still - so pleased he is OK. They were pretty certain he had typhoid (had a bowel infection) but turns out it was some other tropical bacteria taking up residence in his gut. So, four days in hospital on almost constant drips, hastily rearranged flights and thank the Lord he has good medical insurance!!!!!

On the positive side, it is nearly Christmas
14/12/2012 at 11:22

oh no TB - hope you are all feeling better now. how scary re Ben too

EF - hope it has gone ok

feeling a bit weird today - it would have been my due date (miscarried in may at 8 weeks). not that it was a pregnancy i wanted but even so. makes you wonder. and i am not really happy in the relationship with N as he is still not divorced and still has no financial agreement with his wife (in spite of her having all the equity, him having all the debt and him paying her maintenance leaving him with not enough money to pay for somewhere to live).

gah.  he is on his way for the weekend and i just want to sulk on my own.

14/12/2012 at 11:42

Oh dear TB - that sounds quite a nightmare tbh, you guys been really ill and then Ben ill, in a hospital, in Brunei!! Glad he is back in the UK and hopefully you will all be well for Christmas.

(()) CM, difficult day for you, and difficult re Nick. One would ask if he is ever likely to get divorce/sort out the money etc. My sister's husband had a mortgage with a previous partner and she refused to move out and then subsequently sold the house and kept all the equity despite him putting in a pretty large chunk of their own. Sister and hubby can't get a mortgage as they have no lump sum to put down, her hubby refused to stand up to ex (just wanted a quiet life) and sister has given up fuming etc. So can see how these things arise. I'm not sure I'd be as tolerant as my sister, is funny really cos she's quite intollerant about a lot of stuff, I guess it must be Love!!!

EF - what time are you in????

Another day with my lovely son at home. Is beginning to drive me a little bit nuts with all the questions about absolutely everything, but having him off sick is waaaaaay better than having S at home all day!!! J entertains himself very well really.

Tide should be out tonight by the time hubbys is back so am hopeful of a beach run by torchlight ... in the rain

14/12/2012 at 11:46

Hugs CM - difficult times.  Shame N isn't sorting out his life.  I was talking to a friend yesterday and her mate got left with all the debt from her marriage as all the credit cards were in her name.  Nightmare.

Tatty - hope Ben is okay, that sounds v scary.  Hope you are better as well.

Pouring down here now.  Meh.

14/12/2012 at 11:48

CC - money eh.  V glad we made the decision not to bail my brother out.  At the end of the day the debt is his and the banks problem and if we get involved even more people will be unhappy!  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.