Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,381 to 36,400 of 47,096 messages
12/09/2012 at 17:39

CM that sucks, really hope that things work out OK for you.  It's gppd that you have at least one person at management level batting for you.  What ever happened to the Paris job?

I'm loving reading everyone's pitches to tempt Lotte to their local area.  You should all get jobs for your local tourist boards.  Was tempted to add in my sales pitch too but as the point was to avoid the £300 passport costs, I guess it would be pointless.

Made it out for a 3.5 mile plod last night.  Jogged/walked with a friend who had her 10 month old in a stroller so was a good pace for me.  Am still getting terrible pain in my right butt cheek though.  I don't think it is sciatic pain as it is so painful and does not feel like when I had it before.  I think some good stretches should help so should really get down onto floor after my lunch and see if it makes any difference.

Sonya, glad to hear that you are finally feeling better, hope Rosie is soon too.  Can't remember anything else now.  Was good to see TTwirly back as I don't think you have been around so much lately?

12/09/2012 at 17:40

Vixo - laughed at your hubbys comment about a mountain range, that was exactly my biggest gripe about living where we did ... if we wished to escape, would take at least an hour if not more on a Friday night to even get close to a motorway, let alone go anywhere.  So now I have my hearts desire in one respect, but only a part-time hubby!! hey ho. And yes, hoping for similarly later morning wake-ups, although now temp has dropped need to dig out warmer duvet for S as she's had me up last two nights wanting extra layers ...

12/09/2012 at 17:41

Haha TTid ... Lotte we do have room for caravan etc ... as you know ... but it's not really very far-flung here is it!? When is your hols? We are 15-26th Oct.

12/09/2012 at 17:44

Oh yes, Lotte - wonder if you got any sleep last night after your late evening caffeine intake!

12/09/2012 at 18:26

TTid - does sitting on a golf ball help? Somtimes rolling around on that is good at releasing the tension in that area. I guess the relaxin is starting to do it's job now and things will shift around a bit, but well done for getting out.

Sonya - yes we definitely need a RW Mums commune!

12/09/2012 at 18:28

I'll have to try it CC, we have about a million of them at home and at work so it's not as though I'll struggle to put my hands on one.  What do I do, just roll around on the floor with one under my butt?

12/09/2012 at 18:29

Now I'm waiting for you all to sell your local area as the ideal location for the RW commune....  Great schools, fab play areas, petting zoos etc....

12/09/2012 at 18:47

TT - where is the bum pain? High up and to one side, middle or ahem...bottom? It could be Sacrolilliac joint pain if it is really painful.

Lotte - we have room for a caravan in our garden (if we are still here in Oct) and are in Windsor... you could visit the Queen and do some of the paths in the Great Park justice with your long runs...and the little hills would be a doddle! Also just a couple of minutes from Legoland although that might set you back £300 with 6 kids!

CM - sounds like a nightmare. But good that you've been identified as a high flier so that must count as something against redundancy. Don't envy your position in it all though. Fingers crossed for the best outcome for you.

I'm in for the commune...although dont ask me to grow veggies. All mine were destroyed by rabbits and caterpillars. I have pumpkins, parsnips and carrots left.

12/09/2012 at 19:32
Mine went the,same way anj and the carrots rotted...

Cm - sounds like a tough day, hope things sort. And I would reckon the same criteria would have to be applied so everything crossed.

Lotte - you're more than welcome to come to 'The Port'. It's pretty much guaranteed to rain, most of the shops in town are boarded up and the further into the valleys you go the more chance you have of stuff being nicked bet I'm selling this one

Camlo - wishing you sunshine...

Tt - hope your bottom sorts, ouch!

Aagghh day! Got collared by Ted's teacher as he scratched his big buddy today. spoke to z's mum who was fine, saying she didn't know what school were on about. Big sigh of relief. She then went on to say that her son is getting upset as Ted doesn't want z to play with other children as they're too rough and tumble... Ted mentions other children a fair amount, so not sure how worried to be. She's saying z is getting upset going to school because of this. Wondering if I should go in as it's bothering me now, I don't want Ted to be like that, but I don't know how serious this is. Carp!
12/09/2012 at 19:52

Ooh, better pick the carrots tomorrow then!!

Meant to say Camlo, yes I am running "normally" if a bit slower. Averaging about 8.40s at the moment and covering 5-6 miles most days, (although some days only 3-4) I think I am slowing due to heart and lungs more than legs. I guess the blood is going elsewhere at the moment rather than to my muscles.

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare JT. Maybe just speak to the teacher again tomorrow and get the heads up. Surely if Ted was being difficult the teacher would have spoken to you about that as well the scratching?

As I read your post I read it as Ted's teacher speaking to you whilst scratching his big buddy... wondered what his big buddy was for a minute there  

12/09/2012 at 19:59

JT - i would go in, tbh. i went in when J didn't want to go to school because one of the other boys wouldn't let him join in the group. he cried about it every morning for about a week, so it wasn't just a one off thing. maybe if you are friends with z's mum, then both go in together and talk about it if you can? that way it doesn't look like you are picking on her / she on you etc?

anj - i would kill for those splits when NOT pregnant!

oh and JT - you are not selling the Port. it is a brilliant place to be.

just done pilates. booooring but necessary

TTid - the Paris job went away because we lost the bid. ha! N mailed me earlier saying there is a huge panic over redundancies and it looks as though we may not be able to make them anyway. god knows why. the whole company is in such a mess.  i would really love to leave and do something totally different, so in a way if i did get made redundant, it would force my hand. but i have explored all the options of other equivalent jobs and know i can't do it because they are all full-time (at least to start off with while i get enough service under my belt to apply for flexible working). and to do anything different, i would be taking a massive pay cut and still have to work full time. i don't really want to do that until the kids are older tbh. J cries every wednesday when he realises he has to go to after school club - they are picked up from school by T on a weds and thurs which means he has to go to after school club and he doesn't like it... i would HATE to have that every day.

12/09/2012 at 20:35

Aw CM, that is really tough and I can sympathise, I really have been hearing similar from hubby over last 18-months (obviously not the children and after-school club) but the company being a mess/trying something else/pay cuts but also wishing to be made redundant to have hand forced!! Soooo tough.

Anj - those are very decent splits!  I was wondering SI joint about TTs butt!

JT - I'd go and have a chat with teacher, I don't think you've anything to lose. These boys, what do we do with them?  Have been trying to explain about kids that are 'sheep' to J - discussions about why some boys are happy to play with him out-of-hours at other activities or in park but turn in school (when other individuals are involved).  Then with S it's the whole 'she's my friend, she's not my friend' girl type thing! Enough to drive you demented!!

We already have a kind of commune next door ... just need to go and build our own house there ... they have communal vegetable gardens already! It would be lovely apart from some of the seriously odd people already living there!

My sisters hubby got a new job and will have to travel a lot and we've already jokingly said that perhaps she should come up and live with me and the two hubbys can join us at the weekends ... plenty of space and we'd be able to support each other perfectly!

12/09/2012 at 20:38
Apparently she's already been in CM, but I might try ringing tomorrow when I haven't got flapping ears around. It was a bizarre conversation really, she was in some ways saying isn't it great they're such friends, and think they always will be, but,then that Ted was upsetting him... I hate to sound like a 'my child can do no wrong' parent, but it just doesn't sound like Ted, that said, if he is doing it, he can quit that behaviour right now!

Know what you mean about career changes, wonder if it's an age thing as another good friend is the same!

Ha ha Anj! Think your'e right that his teacher may well have spoken to me.

Must stop mithering!
12/09/2012 at 21:31

oh and TTid - don't forget that if we are in a commune we home-school, so no need for good local schools. knit our own muesli and plait our own pubes. of course.

JT - in that case i would just go in. if only just to make sure that she doesn't make more of a fuss than is necessary. but if the teacher is any cop (and i am sure she / he is) then there surely won't be a problem

no idea why but i am still sodding working! need to get up super early to get to Hemel tomorrow for a whole day of meetings too. like, why on earth do i care at the moment?!??!?!

12/09/2012 at 21:48

Lots of home schooling round here, and if not they go to the Steiner School up in town ... we do have the 'usual eduction' systems too!

JT - advice from a teacher perspective here!!! Am doing some phonics stuff with S at the moment as they are doing bu**er all at school at the mo apart from learning to count to 10 and she is desperate to read.  I have inherited some Read Write Inc phonic flashcards so we are using those ... however she'll be doing the Jolly Phonics scheme at school ... oh can't wait for Floppy and Biffer to make a return! Am I going to confuse the situation as I think schemes are slightly different? I also came across an alarming statistic for children with speech delay vs dyslexia - god the internet is a dangerous thing!!

LEAVE THE OFFICE NOW CM!!

12/09/2012 at 21:52

cc - i am working from home, so sitting at the dining room table which isn't as bad as being in the office! however, i have now closed my reports down and am logging off and heading to bed with a hot chocolate and my book.

12/09/2012 at 21:54

Hugs CM - tough to have so much uncertainty ((()))

12/09/2012 at 21:57

CM, just laughed out loud at your description of our commune.  Pack up and go to bed!

JT - sounds a bit of a nightmare with the school.  Hope you can get to the bottom of it, I'd be heartbroken if Max really didn't like going to school.  He does sometimes cry at drop off at nursery but I know he enjoys it so it's OK.

There is a little boy in his class called Cruz who Max has never warmed to from a really early age and I was asking him recently who his friends were, most of them he would say 'yes' but when I got to Cruz's name he said 'no'.  A few days later I watched Cruz deliberately push over one of the girls in the class.  I was actually quite proud of Max to have recognised a bully from such a young age.

12/09/2012 at 22:10
Big hugs CM - hope you find out what job will look like soon. Pity T is such a tw@t or you could swap nights to suit work when necessary.
Lotte - mid Wales is nice too..... Well, it's got lots of grass and sheep, home from home I guess....
Boo to school issues but yay to Max for his insight. I hope my boys don't bully and I'm sure Tom wouldn't but Archie the punk... Hmmm.
Hope butt cheek ok TT, just make sure if pain moves to pelvis you slow it down some more or you could end with all sorts of joint issues. Anj - I'm also jealous of those splits... Oh to have speedy legs.
CC I wondered out loud if I should start phonics with Archie and mil pointed to some letters which he named immediately....apparently she started during the holidays.... I don't think it would matter which books you used as long as style was the same ie phonics??
Seperated bunk beds earlier so boys are in eldests room now. They took ages to settle and eldest looked a wee bit surprised when he came home for tea to find his room painted and occupied within 5 days. roof coming off the garage tomorrow, hopefully room on and roof back on by Sunday??
12/09/2012 at 22:15

Wow Camlo, that IS fast work!  Are you building a 2nd floor extension over your garage?  LOL to slowing down some MORE, I'd be at a dead stop!  Sady my mile splits are WAY slower than Anj....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.