Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,381 to 36,400 of 45,825 messages
24/12/2012 at 09:29

Loving all the name suggestions. We too have no idea what to call baby when he/she is born...keep them coming !!

Ottilllie is nice though....go for it!

Camlo, boo to feeling so rubbish, you have 8 days to do your miles, I hope the cough goes so you can do it!!

Where is your parents house Hoggle?

24/12/2012 at 10:04

Ottillie is lovely, nothing wrong with unusual, I think if you stick to your guns then people get over it anyway! My sisters little boy is called Baxter which we all thought odd initially but now we think nothing of it.  Clearly I think Frances is a fantastic name!!

Um - glad you got some time out and hit the Panto TT AND enjoyed it.

Cannot believe the first thing I saw when I came on here was Caro saying 'PUT THE HOOVER DOWN VIXO' ... honestly!!!! Hope you are being more restful today. I really did want a home birth for S but hubby wasn't keen at all. Oh well.

Hope some of the poorlies are feeling better - hacking coughs etc.

Despite having hubby home I don't seem to be getting out and running as much as planned BUT I do seem to be sleeping really well and starting to feel like I have a bit of spring back in my step, which perhaps for me, is more important as I was really feeling like a bit of a physical wreck, albeit one that could run!!!  So good to have another pair of hands just with overseeing kids/dishing out the discipline etc and even the odd supermarket trip!!! Even if he does leave a trail of destruction behind him and assume kitchens and washing baskets sort themselves out

Did do a nice 9-miler yesterday but not quite the 15 miles planned!!!

Oh well, I have 22 weeks until the HIghland FLing and 30 until the West HIghland Way Race - loads of time ...

Sorry for what/who I have forgotten about!!

24/12/2012 at 17:03
Vixo, very happy to hear you have not done any more hovering. Although I'm sure (me included!!) no one will be able to spell it, it's a very pretty name. Gorgeous girl too, love the pic on fb. Already someone wanting to call her Tilly!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a really happy Christmas.

CM, can't remember if you were having the kids tonight or not. You have given them some amazing memories this year already. Hope you get through the parts when you are away from them.
24/12/2012 at 17:13
**hoovering**. Grr autocorrect!
24/12/2012 at 17:28

Merry Christmas everyone  - probably won't get on tomorrow with all the general stuff going on!

24/12/2012 at 18:06
Happy Christmas everyone!!

One super excited bouncing girl in this house. Well two excited girls but bouncing makes me puke!

Wth is the snowman and snow dog on at 8 for? Far too late for Loulou. Maybe it's so the adults can do their weeping in private!
24/12/2012 at 19:58
Happy Christmas! Hope it is a good one for everyone!

Have a poorly wee one . E has high temp but is better after major doses of drugs. Even broke out the valuable medised for tonight. Thought it was worth it for tonight of all nights!

J in bed before E tonight. Waiting for silence before I venture into the eaves to retrieve the presents and fill the stockings. I have some sheep poo (Choc) to put down as reindeer poo and will do flour footprints for santa's snowy feet. Also going to paper up the front room door to prevent j getting in early as he sleeps downstairs! Oh and I have some sleigh bells to drop in the garden
24/12/2012 at 20:49
Congratulations to Vixo and EF!!! Fantastic news guys xxxx

TT, so sorry to hear about your mum xxx(())

Happy Christmas everyone xx
24/12/2012 at 22:08

Merry Christmas to us running mums!  Hope you all have lovely christmas day and that Santa is good to you all.

Hey ho Johbo, hows you? Nice to see you on here. Hope all well?

TangyT - glad to see from FB there is good news on your mum. CM - hope E OK. 

Vixo - lovely pic on FB. Step away from the hoover, iron, domestic appliances of any sort and have a well earned rest!

Right, gin time...

25/12/2012 at 08:01
HAPPY CHRISTAMS EVERYONE!!! Have opened my Pressie (very lucky girl - coffee machine) but kids still snoring.........
25/12/2012 at 08:21

Happy Christmas!  Which coffe machine?  

Eric awake at 7.20, Matilda at 8am......civilised kids!

25/12/2012 at 16:06
Happy Christmas!

My kids waited until their sun clocks came on at 7.15 but I had papered up the door to stop J getting in the front room early!

I am cooking roast for tea and am knackered from spending the day building Lego and helping construct various things! We still have more presents to open. It hasn't been a free for all this year thank god!
25/12/2012 at 18:02
As some of u seen on facebook we had fantastic news from hospital yesterday. My Mum had previously had a eco which showed a mass on her heart which they were treating as infection with superstrong antibiotics + we had bn told to prepare 4 the worst. But she was taken dwn to theatre yesterday where they did an eco of heart by putting thing dwn her throat, much more accurate as they can get right next to heart. Everything was clear, Thank God. All x-rays of her joints show no sign of infection + they have stopped the antibiotics. They think she has had a bad flare up of her arthritis, coupled with all the horrible drugs she has bn on + not being able to eat or drink much for last few months. Her kidneys r struggling a bit, so they r working hard to get her eating + drinking again + have put her on hi dose of steroids to help with the flare up. Which should also help reduce her pain + therefore allow them to reduce the oxycontin pain killers. All of which will help her b more awake + more able to eat. Fingers crossed we see a big improvement over the next few wks. Just cried with relief when nurse gave us the news yesterday.

Thank you to everyone for their well wishes. I hope everyone appreciated their Christmas day with their family that little bit more. Merry Christmas to everyone.
25/12/2012 at 20:24

Lol JT that's hilarious!

TT - fantastic news, so happy for you .

Well I had a sleepless night last night what with trying to dodge Sophie's downstairs visits and toilet visits in order to get presents wrapped and stockings filled, then Nicky was awake at 4.30am but thankfully stayed in bed once hubby had been into him. Could barely open my eyes when Sophie came in at 7am!  Nicky clearly not up for presents though he did perk up a bit, but went downhill gradually and finished up throwing up at grandparents' this afternoon after he'd had a nap there.  Came home where he's been throwing up ever since but finally seemed to keep some water down and perked up a bit, so I've just put him to bed.  Fingers crossed!!!

So not the Christmas Day we'd planned but these things happen and at least we were at home and not away on holiday (that's on Friday so really hope no-one else catches it!).

Sophie bouncing around all day and sooo pleased with the various Hello Kitty purchases we made for her!  Quiet day in tomorrow for sure!

25/12/2012 at 22:23
Amazing news TT

My brother had winter vomiting yesterday, coupled with worry over a "large" key he had swallowed 13 days ago...was about to go to surgical ward when they decided he would be too infectious and sent him home for Xmas! Thankfully no one has caught it yet...
26/12/2012 at 07:04
Happy Christmas everyone!

Joh please come back and explain how/why your brother swallowed a key???

TT such good news! Hooray!
26/12/2012 at 07:33
I'm with you Kinsey - how on earth did your brother manage to swallow a 'large' key?!
Lovely Christmas here although seriously hot!! 32 degrees which is pretty unheard of this early in summer!! Matilda got totally overwhelmed by the whole present thing so she is opening a couple each day for the next while!! Really glad we only got her a couple of things as she has been v spoilt! Sis and family arrive tomorrow - cant wait as missed them yesterday!
26/12/2012 at 09:45

Hoggle we used to do that - didnt work this yr though!  It was an open as fast as possible session.

OK, boring question now.  Our hoover has died, so I need recommendations for a new one.  Is it worth spending the money on a dyson?  and if so which one?

Off to my dads now, hope the drive isnt too bad.  Forecast looks dire the whole time we are there.  Lots of soggy walks I think

26/12/2012 at 10:53
I love our Dyson which is the anti allergy one but my cleaner says the Henry ones are better! The Dyson is the first one we have had which hadn't had issues!
26/12/2012 at 12:38
We have a Miele which is good but they are expensive and you do have to buy bags which of course you don't with a dyson.
Swallowing a key??? HOW??? Boo to vomming JG and JoBoh.
CM hope E is ok now and you managed to get temp down.
JT - good job secret recording was detected otherwise he may have been gutted! Are you feeling better now?

Managed a lie in until 8 yesterday but once kids were up it became a frenzy of paper, Kids then scrapped and argued over most gifts and what to watch etc. Still coughing my insides up but did 4 miles while lunch was cooking and then ate enough to fuel a trip to the moon. Today the cough is more productive and my nose is streaming so don't think it's worth risking another run but of course my 1000M target is slipping away with 32 to fit in 5 days. Eldest was very down as girlfriend treating him really badly - facing the end of a 5-6 year relationship at Xmas is not good! Was so angry at the things she has done I whipped some of her gifts out of the hamper I had prepared for them!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.