Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,421 to 36,440 of 47,222 messages
13/09/2012 at 18:44

There was a girl in my year at school who I knew since at least 4 years old I guess.  She became the school bully and was always in trouble.  I didn't learn until after I left school that her Dad had been in prison so you are so right about the environment having such an impact.  I wonder where she is now.....(off to FB!).

13/09/2012 at 19:45

No joy, is there a way of doing an advanced search on FB as it showed loads of people from all over the world with the same name, I'm sure she'll still be in UK, if not in same village I grew up in.

13/09/2012 at 21:05
Has to be done every now and again though TT!

Interesting what everyone's saying. I was seconded to behaviour support in Cardiff for a while and nearly every child on my files came from a challenging background.

We have a case in school at the mo (child was in my class last year for those who remember) and in spite of what our Head says, something is going on at home, dad is a bully, he tried it on with me and my jobshare last year.

Nice run tonight, only three of us, but we're all similarly paced so a bit of healthy competition during the intervals and good company inbetween. That's why we do it isn't it?
13/09/2012 at 21:12

Sounds like a perfect run to me JT ... competition and company ... is what I miss with my running at the moment.  Well done. Is definitely why we do it!

13/09/2012 at 21:52
I missed it when marathon training too cc.

Have just got a bouncy ball out on the knots.... Ooouuucccchhhhh!!!!!!!
13/09/2012 at 22:02
If you call your kid Cruz............
13/09/2012 at 22:14
Just got in from mammoth day trip to HQ. whacked now. Bed calls but am wired after 3+ hrs driving including cross country guesswork to avoid queues on m25!
14/09/2012 at 08:56
Aaaaaargh my husband is so annoying. He was supposed to be going to school this morning, so at 8.30, which is the time we really need to be getting ready to get out of the door (so its not a screechy 'hurry up' type of walk, and so Isabelle gets to have a potter around the playground before they go in), he went out of the playroom - I thought to get his shoes on/get the pushchair etc, but no.....he went upstairs to have a shower!!!! WTF? He'd been sitting there for the previous 15 minutes drinking a cup of tea!

His total disregard for timings drives me absolutely round the bend.
14/09/2012 at 09:23

Ha ha Vixo. My hubby is like that. Then will blame me for not telling him what time we need to be out! Most Saturdays and Sundays, I give him a lie in til 9-9.30, then go out for a run. 9/10 when I get back an hour later, Leila is still pottering about playing in her PJ's as is he lying on the sofa watching tele. Drives me nuts, as I then have to shower, then get her ready whilst he showers.

Men hey?

Off to Legoland this morning for a couple of hours before pre-school. Then gym and home for some studying.

Yeah Cruz...what is that all about? David And VBs son being called that is enough to put me off the name.

14/09/2012 at 09:28
Oh dear re men. This morning I picked kids up from T and he gave E a box of nail art stuff - varnish and stickers for her nails. So she came home and while I was walking j to school she has painted N's finger and toe nails (and my kitchen floor) and hers as well. Hahahaha!
14/09/2012 at 09:57

oh and i have ANOTHER cold coming. that's 3 in the last 4 weeks. i had that awful throat thing last week that i managed to get over in a few days and now i have a scratchy throat and fuzzy head. ARGH!!!

14/09/2012 at 10:06

YEP - my male behaves like that too (the elder one ... but I can already see suggestions that the younger will be the same ...).

CM - get thee on the echinacea!!! LOL at the nail art/nail thing tho!

14/09/2012 at 10:19

tell you what - all this not drinking alcohol is obviously no good for me. have never been so ill

14/09/2012 at 12:57

What you need missus is some wine and 3 proper meals (with loads of veg and fruit) a day. You would be fine. Don't have to be heavy on cals meals but just eating 3 times a day. Some fruit, wee bit of cereal and yoghurt for brekkie, salad for lunch, loads of things you do with that. Take in a big tub to work, plus some fruit and nuts maybe. Dinner, some meat and fish and veg and a bit of pasta, rice or spuds if been running or something. You shouldn't put on weight eating healthy food in small portions but it would keep your immune system in much better check. Plus I can't see that the odd glass of vino does any harm. I can't remember when I was last ill...

Lordie Vixo. That would seriously annoy me!!

Sat in waiting for the damn man to come and fit the new board to our treadmill. It's been sat in the garage for two weeks and he hasn't turned up. I am not amused. He is a useless numpty. Doesn't answer emails or his phone, but am stuck with him as he is fitting it for free. So annoyed. Hoping hubbie will have another go at doing it this weekend if he doesn't turn up as I need it next week with hubbie away most the week.

14/09/2012 at 13:09

MM - i know. my eating habits are bad. to be fair, yesterday morning i left home at 6.15am and got home at 10pm. there was no way i was eating bfast at 6am, and i had meetings between 10am and 5pm with no break for lunch. that was, partly, my fault for scheduling in all those meetings but when i am doing a 300+ mile round trip in a day i tend to pack my day full to make the most of it. so yesterday, bfast was a skinny muffin in the car, lunch was a sandwich and fruit i had packed. and i grabbed some pretzels from the vending machine between meetings. and tea was crisps, biscuits and some toast and marmite at 10pm when i got in.

i am not going to start drinking again though. ok if it is the odd glass of wine but it isn't with me. it becomes a habit and soon enough i am doing 2 - 3 glasses a night which is way too much.

hope the guy turns up. SERIOUSLY annoying...

14/09/2012 at 13:44

i am having a right laugh at two blokes at work today. i sent an invitation to one guy for an audit of his area. he declined the invitation saying he had just done an internal audit so was refusing to do another one as it was a waste of his time. (the audit i am doing is a contractual requirement and not related to the other audit that was done - frustrating to be audited twice but 2 very different audits). anyway, i responded saying 'you have no choice. this is a contractual requirement. please accept'. he then replied, copying in the bloke i am doing the audits for, saying 'i am refusing to do this audit until you explain why i need to do it' (which i had already done). the bloke i am working for then replied to me saying 'fine. just mark it down as refused audit'. the audit refuser then sent an email, in capitals, saying 'i object to this being logged as 'refused audit'.'  well, wtf do you want it to be?! you declined the invite and refused to cooperate, but are objecting it to be logged as a refusal!! i am PMSL as it is just so pathetic and stroppy. like dealing with a playground of 3yr olds!

14/09/2012 at 16:42

Nope not turned up. Such a waste of a day. I did take Sophie to dance, but didn't go swimming with her like I usually do on fridays. Seriously annoyed doesn't come close ...

I will be drinking wine tonight!!

Sounds like a right one there CM...

Extra boy for tea, so best get on and cook it!!

14/09/2012 at 17:01

MM, if we were still in UK, I'd ask Mr TT to come over and fit it.  He's brilliant at all that stuff.  What a waste of a day, grrr.

CM, love it - what a pratt!  You would think that people would be a little less obnoxious when there are redundancies under way.  What a great way to bring yourself to the attention of those making the redundancy decisions!

14/09/2012 at 17:26

I too will be drinking wine tonight ... possibly before my husband makes it home. Have a very overtired S from school and an equally tired son, who has definitely had a bad day ...  J unfortunately has to share a table with a kid has it in for J - no idea why, just does and stirs it up whenever he can. Teacher obviously unaware of this and asked J to help this lad finish his work off ... quoted back to me"he told me he would 'punch me in the stomach so hard it would make me sick'" along with numerous "shut-ups". J then has badminton on a Friday but for some reason they do 3/4 of an hour at lunchtime and then another hour after school, there are I reckon about 30 kids in the hall doing this so it's noisy and chaotic, none of which is good for J who lacks concentration at the best of time ... so then he's told off for not concentrating and running across courts which is dangerous = I collect J who is in floods of tears and a badminton instructor asking me if there is any extra stuff she needs to know about J. Sigh ...very overtired son, think may need to suggest perhaps badminton is not an essential thing as it's definitely not a great environment. Places head on table and shuts eyes with a sigh!!

Anyway, sorry for rant, going to see if I can chat to teacher next week as not happy

MM - grrrrr. I'd be annoyed. I spent all morning having my dish-washer delivered and then semi-fitted by landlord. Did mean I had a good bash at my homework at least but no time for running today.

Oh CM - that is hilarious, as you say, total pratt! Not surprised you didn't manage a proper tea yesterday, I don't think I would have in those circumstances either ...

14/09/2012 at 17:51
Some people CM! Made me laugh though, moron!

CC - most definitely go in, some kids are so sly and clever when doing things like that it's scary. Turds. Badminton does sound a bit mental!

Mm- serious that would annoy me beyond.

Vixo - starting to wonder if my husband has been cloned... I feel your pain!

Well I've just had orange try to charge me ??29.99 to leave a free broadband contract they are terminating unless I take out their home phone line service. Erm, that'll be a no! Poor bloke on the end of the phone, he did sort it eventually but really got the wrath of me!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.