Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,441 to 36,460 of 46,046 messages
30/12/2012 at 07:36
MM & Lotte, sorry your mums weren't much fun, well done on all that running.

CM sorry to hear your parents are being horrid, very odd that they don't send anything for J and E.

Hi Clare, would also say don't rush back but there is a lot you can accomplish on 3 sessions a week I'm sure.

EF, please complain as much as you like, pregnancy is rank in my opinion!

RF hope the cakes worked!
30/12/2012 at 07:40
C was 18 months when R was born and was horrible to her, always scratching her face. Can't really remember what we did to be honest, that phase of my life is a sleep deprived blur!! But I would say what your doing sounds right. We started using the naughty corner when M was about 18 months although she liked it!!!!
Time to get up............yawn. C's birthday and her and R waiting noisily downstairs for the rest of us to get up!!
Boo to naughty baba not sleeping, poor u, hope it improves soon Kinsey x
30/12/2012 at 07:41
Hoggle, she will probably catch on quite quickly! 18 months should be about right...
30/12/2012 at 07:42
Cake looks ok I think Kinsey! Nothing spectacular but ok!
30/12/2012 at 08:23
I would say 18 months may be a bit young for time out. Generally used from about 2. No reason you can't try. At her age it is difficult but just praise everything that Iis not bad - even if it is just normal behaviour and then firm NO, move away and distract for everything undesirable. I don't think they understand consequences and warnings until after 2 which is why timeout and warnings isn't very effective and can be distressing and confusing for them.
30/12/2012 at 08:46
That's kind of what I was thinking CM. Will just keep at it, everything's a phase right?!
What sort of cake rf?
30/12/2012 at 09:09
Pity you haven't got a playpen for her Hoggle! Any nonsense and mine went straight in and they soon learn!!
Happy birthday for C, Glad your 8 cake worked, kids are very forgiving RF.
Cm - found your pants yet???
Kinsey I think you are right to reduce night feeds so remove reason for waking. is he in his own room now? perhaps a whole new approach is going to be necessary to show him you mean business - a few nights of tears maybe while you stick to new rules but worth it.
Watched 2 twighlight films back to back last night so dreams of vampires & werewolves...... Off now to finish my 2012 runs I hope!!
30/12/2012 at 09:55

Camlo, think he will have to move into the spare room too then i can at least rule out being in the same room as a reason for waking too!

30/12/2012 at 11:40

Good Luck Kinsey!! Bath, feed and nighty, night here we come!

Well, my knees are killing but I have just completed a boring, slow 8 miles and double checked on my spreadsheet and the KM converter and I HAVE DONE 1000 MILES!! Bring on the next challenge!

Taking the boys into hosp later to visit my friend, hope they cheer her up....

30/12/2012 at 12:18
On phone so have been reading but not posting. Had to come on to say WELL DONE Camlo!! Brilliant result especially to time it so close to the year end.

Welcome Clare, can't add anything to what has already been said, you will get some awesome advice here (and some hilarious gossip!), stick around.

Kinsey, hope you can get a good sleep routine started. We are both a little scared of number 2, Max was such an easy baby that we are praying this one is as good.

Am so heavy now, all bump though. Had scan on Friday and they estimated 5lb 3oz already (32 weeks). Not too worried as they were way out with Max but that is a bit over size despite mainly managing my blood sugar levels (have been a bit naughty with Christmas goodies though).

EF, hope you start to feel a bit less crap soon. What's next for you? Next scan?

Grr to parents behaving badly. I do miss our families but not all the silliness that sometimes comes along with them.

We are off to friends for a party on NYE, not sure how late we'll manage though. Usually in bed by 9:00. Happy New Year all if I don't come back on before.
30/12/2012 at 13:01
Well done camlo!!

Achievements today - got up. Made a paper bag puppet. Made a husky home (don't ask) had shower, washed hair, put contacts in. And haven't barfed yet!! Avoided doing teeth though, not that brave! However food required to keep the barfs away - branflakes blueberries fresh orange cup of tea, packet hula hoops, piece toast and jam, quavers, top hat, 2 bits of chocolate orange and a can of fanta. Omg.
30/12/2012 at 13:01
And yes I'm about to have lunch!
30/12/2012 at 14:31
Haha EF, just do whatever it takes! Were you this sick with Lou?
30/12/2012 at 14:47
Yep!! In fact I refused to eat as much shit so I was worse.

Just had an intensely competitive game of junior scrabble. Lou is as bad as Andy and I!
30/12/2012 at 14:54
Oh I realised I missed the large piece of sponge cake from this morning's list!
30/12/2012 at 15:24
Currently trying to drag my sorry ass out of bed. Been up, had breakfast and a bath with Max but got back into bed with him after and stuck on spongebob so he is happy (bad mummy!!) but was feeling bad (too much carb for breakfast and low BP) so didn't feel like moving. Mince pies are my current weakness so after my healthy Cheerios breakfast I rammed 2 mini mince pies. Can test blood sugars in a few minutes to see how much damage I did .

Shall probably take Max to shops once I drag myself up then go to meet daddy at the golf club so our little golf nut can hit some balls. We took him to play mini golf yesterday and he keeps going on about wanting to go again. Maybe tomorrow.
30/12/2012 at 15:27

Woohoo Camlo. I knew you'd do it!! Well done you!

What is a top hat EF? Impressive eating

TT, aren't the babies supposed to put on at least half a pound a week from 30 weeks? So you could be having at least a 9.5lber! Although like you say the scans aren't v accurate when guessing size! How big was Max?

No running from me, I think it is all over for this pregnancy. My pelvis is slipping and causing some discomfort so going to be sensible and stick to the gym and weights for the next 6 weeks, and I might even try some pilates and swimming.

Kinsey, I hope that you get the sleep sorted, nothing worse than broken nights. I cope extremely badly on little sleep so expect demented/half crazed posts from me when the baby's born.

Did you find your pants CM?? Not the best thing to leave behind!!

Anyway, Happy New Years everyone, heres to lots of running and good health for 2013.

30/12/2012 at 15:27
Oh yes, meant to ask; do the little ones get extra teeth through at 2 1/2 to 3 years old? Max has had horrible nappies for a few days and rosy cheeks yesterday and hands in his mouth and drooling. He says his teeth don't hurt but it seems classic symptoms.
30/12/2012 at 15:29

Ha ha to Max and the golf TT. A nice hobby to get into though!? WE have the same issue with Iceskating at the moment. Leila is obsessed as we have the seasonal ice rink in Windsor. We have been 3 times so far and going again this evening...obviously I'm not skating. She is actually pretty good too!!

Hope you feel better when you're up.

Edited: 30/12/2012 at 15:30
30/12/2012 at 15:31

Isn't it the last molars that come through? The 4 big ones at the back... I think Leila had all of hers by the time she was 2.5 as I took her to the dentist before we went travelling.

Edited: 30/12/2012 at 15:31
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.