Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,461 to 36,480 of 45,832 messages
30/12/2012 at 15:32
Max was only 7 lb 5 oz and the later scans they did with him predicted about 9 1/2lbs too so not really concerned. I think will go for elective c section though for same reasons as last time plus really don't fancy ruptured uterus (although rare). Also found recovery from section was ok last time.

So might beat you to it Anj, will probably be around 13th Feb if scheduled.
30/12/2012 at 15:42
How bad do I feel now? Max hasn't been to a dentist yet, must book him an appointment. I think he still has one of the 4 front ones missing from the bottom.

Ice skating sounds great. Do you have somewhere local you can take her after the outdoor rink is packed up?

Dammit, just tested blood sugars, supposed to be under 120 2 hours after food. Reading was 148 so tested again. Got 125, then 105, then 121. Test solution tested out ok. Grr, how can I control it if the monitor is so wildly inaccurate? Feel ok now though so will get up and go out anyway.
30/12/2012 at 15:53

Don't feel too bad TT - Lou is 5.5 and has been once and that's even with Granny being practice manager at the dentist for the first 3.5 years! Oops.  I haven't been in yonks either.  Cobblers' children and all that.  Must go when I get past this phase though - the puking and my reluctance to brush my teeth don't make for a happy tale.  Or decent breath!  (though I'm using kids' mouthwash in a vain attempt to improve matters.  The kids stuff is less offensive to me)

Blood sugar management sounds a nightmare.  I don't even like to imagine what mine is up to with all this pure sugar that I'm scoffing.

Downstairs loo is blocked so Andy has been despatched to Homebase for a plunger and shoulder high rubber gloves.  Sadly my tendency to barf means I can't assist.  Finally - it has  a use!

30/12/2012 at 15:54

Top hat = marshmallow which is set in chocolate with a chocolate bit on top and a smartie fixed into that.  very yum but about 110% proof sugar. 

30/12/2012 at 15:57
Don't feel bad, I only took her as we were away for a year and I didn't want to have any problems whilst we were away. So long as he brushes his teeth I don't think there is much need to go at such a young age...plus it doesn't cost anything here, it's on the NHS.

Yes you prob will beat me to it. That's before my due date for sure. And no ruptured uterus doesn't sound good. When I had scans with leila they said she was too small and would be 5lbs or so and she was born at 6lb 9oz. I am still expecting them to start worrying about size at my next appt.

There is an ice rink a few miles away so I will probably take her there once the baby is here.
30/12/2012 at 16:03
Grr, we have hubby's best friend here for a few days...he didn't get up until 10, so then I made everyone come out for a walk and now he has just gone for a nap. What? Is he 80?? I have been up since 8, done an hour in the gym, been for the same walk as everyone else and run about after l and I don't feel the need for a nap. Jeez... I don't do house guests too well, can you tell?
30/12/2012 at 16:10
This thread has turned into the 'pregnant non-running' mums thread today!!

Lucky Andy, nothing beats a good blocked toilet!

Teeth brushing is a bit of a battle with Max. He will wave his brush around in his mouth for a few seconds every night but will only give them a proper clean if held down. Grrr. We did tell him Santa wanted him to clean his teeth properly on Christmas eve, then Samta brought him toothpaste and 2 new brushes which confirmed that.
30/12/2012 at 16:18
Eew to blocked loo. Sadly I think that job would still fall to me if ours was blocked...he's not too good with DIY and house jobs!!
30/12/2012 at 16:36
Tt we got Lou a sonicare toothbrush and called it a buzzy bee toothbrush. It does a fabulous job(made her teeth so white that Andy started using my sonicare cos he was so impressed!) and max might like the idea.
30/12/2012 at 16:36
Anj that's sooo annoying!!
30/12/2012 at 16:52
V annoying. Although hubby just told me today whilst we were out walking his friend got on l's scooter and rode down the hill on it and leila said to hubby "wow, he's doing well with a big tummy!!" Ha ha ha, and apparently asked hubby yesterday if said friend had 2 chins!? Ha ha ha. Out of the mouth of babes! Anyway, best get going for skating.
Edited: 30/12/2012 at 16:53
30/12/2012 at 16:54
I did wonder whether an electric might be a good idea. Mr TT and I both have them so maybe let him use mine to see what he makes of it.

And grr to house guest, although am definitely on lazy side today. Dressed now but couldn't be bothered to go shopping before taking Max to golf club. He has been splashing around in our kitchen doing the washing up (aka splashing water everywhere). Trying to persuade him to do some drawing and stickers into his thank you cards but not managing to retain his interest for long.
30/12/2012 at 17:42
Umm, Isabelle hasn't been to the dentist yet - must put it on the list of things to sort! I'm probably a bit blas?? as never had problems with my teeth - maybe because my parents took me to the dentist regularly?!!

EF - definitely just got to get through this stage of pregnancy, it's grim!

Anj - I'm with you on the house guests. I always like the idea, but with one or two exceptions I generally find them hard work! Sounds like you're doing lots of exercise still, even if you've finished running. I had more or less given up with everything by the end - was just too tired and kept getting ill. I'm waiting impatiently to get going again now.

Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas, apart from the poorlies. Isabelle has had some virus which has really laid her low for over a week - she's been sleeping during the day and not eating much at all. In a way it's been quite good for us because we haven't had to do much entertaining, and we've had some quiet days at home, but a shame for her as she definitely wasn't at her best for Christmas.

I am getting itchy feet - thought the other day that I might get out for my first run this weekend....but then remembered that O is only just a week old so probably best leave it another few weeks at least! Also had a dream about running!
30/12/2012 at 19:59
Haha JT if you hadn't pointed out the spelling mistake I wouldn't have known!! Sensible idea to hit the lurgy with what you have. Good that you got a few nights out but not good about dramas and unplugging the sky. hubby just asked if I had taped a million kids programs.... Err no but Tom is nearly 6 and can work it himself now....
Vixo - I would not run, walk yes, quick walk yes, jog NO. Too much, too soon and your innards could be around your knees and that's not a good look.
Anj - I struggle with visitors too and even when they 'behave' I find myself shooing them away after a while! My mum naps in the afternoon too, waste of an opportunity in my eyes!
Dentists - fil was one hence our no choc /sweets rule and have taken them from babies. Both have electric brushes too although Archie was about 3.5 when he got his. It does make them brush for the full minute as they think I can tell if they stop before the beep!
Eldest and girlfriend came over and promptly smashed my fav mug, now they've gone for an Indian which has cost me ??40..... How??
30/12/2012 at 22:40
Hmmm just read my post and thought taken what from babies!?? Ah taken them to the dentist since they were babies.... Not taken stuff off babies.. Funny how you 'know what you mean' when you post but after a few wines it looks completely different!
31/12/2012 at 12:54

Hi All

I have a 15month old daughter who has been constantly ill and I've been ill since October with her various viruses which has meant my return to running has ended just as I was getting into my marathon training.  I'm struggling to get out for runs when I'm constantly ill but, hoping I'm fit and healthy from now onwards, I really need to restart my running.  I can't find the RW Beginners Marathon Schedule I used back in 2008 online anyway.  Does anyone know where I can find the RW schedule or in the absence of one, where I can find any decent beginners Marathon schedule even if I have to walk/run the damn thing I've applied 6 times for this darn race and I'm buggered if I'm going to waste the place (can't defer as I deferred the 2012 place due to various post c-section issues). Thanks in advance!

31/12/2012 at 13:20

Hal higdon beginners?  (just google it) or I really like a book called 4 months to a 4 hr marathon which you can buy v cheaply 2nd hand on amazon.  It gives lots of schedules from 4 hrs upwards (4, 4.30, 5, 5.30 etc) I have used it twice, and achieved my goals both times.  Hope you all stay healthy!

31/12/2012 at 13:22
There is a schedule for training 3 times a week which I think Clare wanted too:
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/the-first-three-day-a-week-marathon-schedule/2493.html
31/12/2012 at 14:06
I read it as takes sweets/Chocs from babies camlo...you meanie you!!

I think the first schedule is on 3 days a week. There are a few good schedules under the training section here too that you could perhaps tailor to your needs? Good luck!

Vile weather here, so managed to escape housd guests this am and get to the gym, now in garden centre soft play which they declined to come to so feeling a big more relaxed!

We are going to a house party this eve at my best friends which should be good.

Happy New Years to everyone, have fun whatever you do!!
31/12/2012 at 15:54
Yes he did! He had fallen off though. Hit a pothole hidden by a huge puddle. Could have been very serious tbh. But just a wounded elbow. Tore his brand new Xmas jacket though!

Away at friends now. 5 boys and Sophie. Luckily a break in the vile weather just after lunch so got them all out on scooters for an hour or so. 12 very muddy and wet miles for me this morning again. Fab country park near friends. Can run for miles brilliant but so muddy. Lush!

Boo to rubbish unkind parents CM. not nice...

Not going to invite mum next year and see what happens. Might even go away?!

Have fab New Years everyone. Beef Wellington for dinner here. Yum!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.