Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,461 to 36,480 of 47,160 messages
15/09/2012 at 22:21

Lotte, hope you get the hols sorted out.  We can't go away because irritatingly I am running a proof over the October break.  So annoying but as I am defending I know that there will be no offers so it's not going to go away! Well, unless the pursuer chucks it in which I doubt although he truly ought to as his case is pants. 

We're officially in last chance saloon for baby making.  On the plus side my cycle has really settled down this month and I was back to peaking late on day 14 and got the peak on the monitor on 15 and today 16.  Better than the last few months of having it on days 18 and 19!  Confessing to having slight OCD about the whole thing and been using monitor, the lines OPK, the digital OPK plus 2 fertility apps that I update with temp etc. and What to expect before your expecting.  Desperate, moi?   actually I just stopped believing the monitor then I bought the lines kit but could never interpret the results and so got the digi one! 

Had a nice day as met 2 schoolpals for lunch at Gusto then went and met Andy and Lou who had been to the guide shop to buy Lou's Rainbows uniform and we had a wee coffee then went to Debenhams clothes shopping for Lou.  Spent a small fortune on madam as they had 20 - 25% off.  Was pleased at getting a £41 coat for her for £28.50.  that takes it into the just a bit more expensive than Sainsburys range which I'm happy with!

Andy's running Stirling 10K tomorrow so we'd better head up to bed now.  I did 58 mins on the spinbike tonight cos I CBA to go outside.  At least I did something!

Sorry to all who I've missed.  can't remember if I said well done to MM so well done there!  Janie, the Ted stresses sounded blown out of proportion to me.  Night night ladies.  xx

15/09/2012 at 22:22

oh I knew there was one more thing - RF I'd be bloody raging!  For goodness sake don't let her train!

15/09/2012 at 22:32
Just a quick good luck to sonya for tomorrow. Run well!

Thanks for nice park run sentiments. I so wasn't in the mood this morning, and yesterday my back was really sore, but oddly it is better today after doing a 5k! I didnt put on FB that i was pipped to the post by a 14 yr old boy! Have been referred to osteopath on NHS. Apparently I get 6 treatments. I have been given a lst of clinics I can choose from, I just hope some do evenings or Saturdays.

Right, giving Eric dream feed early tonight as need sleep, so he better not wake early!
15/09/2012 at 22:49

Caro there's a boy of 8 or 10 who goes to my intervals.  He beats me every time.  It makes me want to cry!

15/09/2012 at 22:53

Ha ha EF. You sound like me teaching Leila. I am def no teacher either. I tell her not to bother if she isn't going to write her name properly or make an effort!

Just out of interest, why is it no good if you peak at day 18 or 19? I would have thought a peak is a peak no matter which day it is in your cycle (sorry for being ignorant if I am way out)

Wow Caro... Osteopath on the NHS is a rarity. I am sure they will sort you in 2 or 3 sessions. Well done on the park run.

Good luck for tomorrow Sonya.

And RF, I would be annoyed too.Yes, discourage her as much as you can from training regularly.

Thanks for the kindle thing JT. My Dad wants one for his birthday so I will suggest to go halfs with my sister.

16/09/2012 at 08:17
Quick post before I resume my general labouring duties (alongside chief tea maker, bacon butty deliverer and child minder).
RF - your sis sounds like my hubby, I HATE hearing about runs like that. SO unfair. Does she have lanky legs?? please tell me she is at least ugly or horrible to balance it out.... great efforts from you though and thanks for tip about getting kindle app - never thought about it!
Lotte - GAWD your holiday costs would vary enormously if they charge / don't charge for kids.... I bet they look at your bus and say "um no, we are full sorry".
Anj- that is my instinct when teaching too, I am so impatient and want to get on with it!
Hubby has worked flat out over the last few days and we totally removed garage roof before help arrived yesterday to help put the new frame and roof trusses back on. He is back out there "hammering quietly not to wake the neighbours" to finish felt and baton before rain starts.
Hope EF is having a "lie in"..........
16/09/2012 at 08:36

EF how on earth could you do 58mins on the spin bike. Don't tell me you could finish a run on 5.87miles or something  Oh I so hope it works for you. I don't know the answer to your question either Anj by the way. And yes agree Edinburgh is fab but I would def want somewhere warmer for our commune. We will probably be stopping in Ed during our travels south.

Those forest campsites look great Vixo, far more up our street and I think price is ok BUT they won't let me book online as they say you can only have a max of 6 people on one site booking. Grrrr, will have to try and phone them.

Sorry to keep asking lots of questions but how feasible is a day trip into London from there? Probably drive as far as possible then get a train into centre. The youngest 4 kids have never been on a train!

16/09/2012 at 08:41
Oops forgot to say good luck to you Sonia - another vote for stopping milk for a while to give her bowel a break too.
Fab result you Oldie Caro - what time did you do?
Anj - a late peak (in a regular length cycle) means short luteal phase so can mean body is having to work harder to ovulate (like pre-menopause) and then also there is too little time for implantation.
16/09/2012 at 09:07

Lotte - I would say you could probably get into Waterloo from a station nearby in the new forest, I am not sure how long that will take though. You could drive to Basingstoke and get into Waterloo from there though I think. Or you could drive somewhere like Reading which will take about an hour to drive and then get you into London Paddington in 45 minutes or so.

Ah, this ovulation stuff is so complicated. I tried using an ovulation kit and never got a peak. In fact the only time a bold line came up was when I did a test and was already pregnant and didnt realise.

16/09/2012 at 09:09

Lotte, I probably couldnt finish a run on 5.87... however I am getting better at finishing on 4.60 or 4.75!

16/09/2012 at 09:47
Sorry, just a quick reply for Lotte - you can easily get into London waterloo from ashurst in the new forest, it's about an hour and 40minutes ish I think. From Southampton central or airport parkway you can get fast trains in 1 hour 20 minutes so it wouldn't be faster to drive anywhere further towards London, but you would have to look at the prices. It would absolutely be cheaper to book tickets in advance for the train. Don't think you pay for parking at ashurst, and the advantage there is the station is at a pub with a playground (about 10 minutes walk from where my parents live!).

Right, need to put E down for a nap - the shouting in the playroom is now reaching ear damaging decibels as she's destroying something Isabelle's trying to do! She took a dive off our patio yesterday and grazed her nose and face and cut her lip - my poor beautiful baby is not looking so beautiful this morning - scabs and snot not a good combo!
16/09/2012 at 09:59

And Eric and I could come and meet you in London Lotte

21.10 Camlo, was aiming for sub 21 but oh well

Quick camping france question........when do you think we need to book for things like site and ferry given we are now tied to school hols?  And can you guys (MM, JT) tell me where you stayed again this yr please!)

16/09/2012 at 12:43

We've stayed at http://www.woodyhyde.co.uk/ a few times before and had a lovely time although there is a steam train that passes the site at regular intervals!

I used to peak late but when I was taking Agnus Castus it used to prolong the luteal phase so at least the darn things had a chance to stay in place for long enough! I used to have pretty long cycles consequently - consistently more like 30-32 days but thankfully did the trick (this was when conceiving Scarlett), J happened after a course of Clomid but I'll never know if it was the drugs or other holistic things I was trying at the time which did the trick!  These days my cycles are shorter, but def short luteal phase but I don't care as I don't want any more children!!

Ummm - Camlo - fab going on all the domestic stuff.

RF - that would really pi** me off for sure.

Hubby drove me nuts yesterday as was knackered from driving my car back up on Friday and generally drifted around the house creating chaos and confusion! And I completely lost the plot at the whole family last night ... can't say it helped much as I couldn't even concentrate on my run this morning so proposed 10-miler became 5 but better than nothing I guess.

Right have roast chicken to sort so best be off here.

And WELL DONE on park run Caro

And hope Sonya is enjoying her half marathon - it's gorgeous scenery if a tad hilly!

16/09/2012 at 13:05
Camping du letty in Benodet Caro. Truly fab place. Brittany ferries have released already, only ??25 deposit And letty around the end of October. If you do Plymouth Roscoff (6 hour crossing but only two hours drive in France) get a cabin even if doing a day crossing as it makes life way easier. We had an outside one this year, also had a telly and free tea and coffee. If you can get them the deluxe ones are only ??5 more with free continental breakfast, snacks and soft drinks too or so I am told!
16/09/2012 at 13:06
The late ov days are fine if cycle long but last month it was 27 days or maybe 28 which makes the luteal phase far too short. I'm hoping for a nice 28 day cycle. Or rather no cycle at all)

Hope your run went well sonya.
16/09/2012 at 13:08
Aw vixo. Hope Eliza is ok!
16/09/2012 at 13:08
Ps possibly worth costing up the difference for you to do Dover Calais Caro, there's a hefty amount of tolls in France and it takes about 15 hours with a caravan (!) so for us not worth the extra, but for you being closer to Dover it may be worth considering.
16/09/2012 at 13:16
Just read your post cc - exactly!
16/09/2012 at 13:57
Oh bum I hate it when I post at the top of the page as I can barely remember anything anyone has posted.

Camlo, so impressed with your weekend's work. Also very envious of your workers getting bacon butties. I'd kill for a proper bacon buttie right now. The bacon here is nothing like at home

Max has just taken himself off back to bed. It's 8:45am!! He got up around 6:00 I guess and has had some fun but had a melt down when I took the highlighter pen off him as I was getting in the shower and Mr TT is playing golf so couldn't leave it with him. He disappeared and I thought he had gone to get his chair so he could climb up to get the pen but he had got into bed. I went and tucked him in, he stopped crying and is now peaceful. I think he's asleep! He's never done that before.

EF I really really hope you get served at last chance saloon Our bodies are odd aren't they?

Should take advantage of some peace I guess and tidy up.
16/09/2012 at 18:08

We used to do ferry crossing with Norfolk Line ... went Dover to Dunkirk which is a little further along than Calais but not significant and journey possibly slightly longer, they came up cheaper than other ferry crossings. We usually did toll roads, yes, extra cost, but was better than the implications and domestic mayhem that arose from getting lost on back roads in rural France!!!  The ferries were great too - had massive clear windows in the restaurant/eating areas so kids could see outside etc. 

EF - no cycle would be   really hoping for you

Vixo - missed bit about Eliza and the nose-dive ... ouchy ouchy!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.