Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,481 to 36,500 of 45,830 messages
31/12/2012 at 18:08
Happy new year one and all. I won't be seeing midnight that's for sure! If I make 10pm it'll be a miracle!
31/12/2012 at 18:13
Same here EF, am doing second night of sleep training so prob in bed about 10pm.

Happy New Year everyone!!
31/12/2012 at 18:41
Quiet NY here and asleep before 12. Means I have no hangover though!!
Funny to think that you are all just getting started with New Year celebrations!
Hoping to do a run to get the year off on the right foot but hubby at work all day so not sure if it'll happen. Planning a long walk with the backpack anyway.

Hope you're all having fab parties or lots of sleep (EF and Kinsey!)
31/12/2012 at 18:52
Well, I've had all 3 girls today by myself - husband at work - so feeling a little frazzled, but pleased that we've coped! We've even been to the supermarket! Just waiting to hear when he's leaving work as we're going to friends along the road this evening for nye celebrations so need to know whether to get this lot ready and head round by myself for 7.30 or wait for him if he's on his way soon! We'll let the children run around for a bit and then put them to bed - although think some of the older ones might stay up. Not sure whether I'll make it til midnight, but if I'm exhausted I'll just walk home with O and leave husband to bring the others back!

Happy nye everyone, and hope 2013 brings lots of happiness to all the lovely running mummies (and daddy!)
31/12/2012 at 19:07

Def wont be up for midnight!  But about to crack open some fizz and have some yummy roast beef for dinner

Happy New Year everyone.  Hope all your dreams are fulfilled......or something.

About half way thru the Chrissie Wellington book now, it is great.  She really is an amazing woman.

31/12/2012 at 19:23
Been in ma jammies since half six after my bath!!! Having one baileys only and some crisps and will probably go to bed by ten and read! Rock on!!! But have to be up at 5.45 am so a fair excuse really! 12.5 hr shift tomorrow so with the travelling I am actually gone for nearly 15 hrs.
4 mile wet n chilly run done this morning with my friend who's slower but was nice to have a natter ( she's the one going to NZ in March) and35 mins on the turbo before dinner.
Hope you all have great nights if out partying and if sleeping early get a braw nights kip!!
Here's wishing 2013 is filled with health n happiness and lots of good running!
31/12/2012 at 20:16

Hi just stopping by to wish you all a happy new year and all the best for 2013.

Have still been reading on here  and FB even if I don't manage to post much.  Have signed up Marathon in Oct (my first!!!!  Yikes!!). So will definitely be back more regularly for some good advice!

31/12/2012 at 21:18
Happy partying folks, grrr to work RF but think of it as a silver lining saving you from evil hangover....
Vixo - you are superwoman going shopping with 3 kids when 1 is newborn!
Kinsey - go girl, every night down is another towards getting a full quota of yummy sleeeep!
Sat with my friend again today but the end is very close so am expecting a call anytime. No family so we are all she has. Have sent my mum home for a rest too (friend is more her age than mine) so hope friend hangs on until mum gets back.
31/12/2012 at 21:22
Oh sorry to hear about your friend Camlo ((((())))). It's lovely your able to sit with her and provide a hand to hold and show her someone cares. That is sad she has no family so you are doing a grand job although a difficult one.
Yay at least I won't have a hangover your right!
In bed reading
31/12/2012 at 23:31

Sorry to hear about your friend Camlo (())

01/01/2013 at 09:19

No time to read back I'm afraid ... except to send huge (()) hugs to Camlo, thinking of you.

Off to airport later with two very tired kids, just doing some last minute panic stuff before hopefully squeezing in a very small run and the new year dip - there I've said I'll do it so I guess I must!!!

But ladies, just to say Happy New Year to all of you and yours, may 2013 be full of lots of succesful personal achievements - no matter what they are! and thank you for being such a wonderful bunch of virtual friends.  Be lovely to meet a few more this year.  Right time to find those trainers

PS - awesome annual mileage Lotte

01/01/2013 at 11:36
Happy New Year to everyone! 2012 has bn eventful
01/01/2013 at 20:01
Where you going CC? Or just dropping hubby?

Happy new yr all. I resolve to be less grouchy to my husband......shame I only thought of the resolution after I was grouchy today!
02/01/2013 at 08:24

sorry to hear about your friend, camlo.

happy new year all! hope it's full of running and fun!

not likely to be much running here for now. any exercise makes me cough and wheeze like an old train. i have made a gp appt for next monday (first one i could get) as i wonder if i need an inhaler at the moment

kids are going to T today for 2 nights and then back to me for the weekend. we are going to visit my cousins in devon (not my parents, obviously...) and then down to cornwall to see a friend who has moved down there. E is, however, still asleep. way to go girl. handover is normally 8am, but not today. haha! i am working today - from home - so there is no particular rush. don't think T is too happy.

J is up and doing his Moshi workbook he got for christmas. i do love holiday mornings!

02/01/2013 at 08:46
Sorry to hear about your friend Camlo (()).
No running this year yet (might take a while to get to 2013 TT!!) but did a good 3 hour tramp on the mountain today - Matilda v happy in the backpack and she did a good walk at the start too (glad the non- walking phase was short lived!).
Swam at the beach yesterday - first time since being here - loved it so will be in the sea much more often!!
Hubby in major mood tonight because of work - stressful, overworked etc. I really feel for him but find his rants hard to absorb and end up getting head bitten off for saying the wrong thing! Family goal for 2013 - find hubby a new career!!
02/01/2013 at 09:09

Happy New Year!

Been a brilliant few days here. Had a most splendid night on hogmanay partying in the local hall. Didn't get home until 4am and all our kids were still up except Lewis who had crashed at about 1am. They all slept in yesterday, Lewis was first up at 10am and Sophie last at 1pm. We went to the in-laws for food then dropped in along our friends on the way home, they always have an open house on new years day. We were just intending to say a quick hello but in the end didn't get home until 2am this morning. The kids were all having a ball, they have 3 who age with some of ours and there was other friends there too. I drove at hogmanay so made up with rather a few gins last night. Feeling a wee bit bleary eyed this morning. Kids are still sleeping except Cameron. Its going to be a nightmare trying to get them all back into a routine next week.

Had a nice 11 mile run yesterday, mostly off road and it was a nice day. Good way to start the year. My mileage for 2012 was 3300 miles. Not sure I will manage to top that this year!

Hope you have a good trip CC.

Camlo (())

Boo to moody hubby Hoggle. Tramp sounds great as does you beach swimming (but not CCs - nutter)

02/01/2013 at 09:31

Boo to grumpy hubbie Hoggle. I had one of those last night. Very tired after our New years and back to work for him today. I got up at 6.30 to run 5 miles. Felt pretty hard tbh. Good sleep though and hopefully another few in the next few days. Treadmill run and some speedwork tonight for me. No way could I have done that first thing as planned, I was running at 8:30s this morning and it felt hard!

Fabulous few days with friends in Chesire and visiting my sis in Lancaster and meeting my baby niece for the first time. So good to see them as been over a year and I miss my nephew a lot. Baby niece is gorgeous, big brown eyes always watching. Nicew to have some baby cuddles and hand her back!!

New years with friends who also have 3 kids. Disco for the kids early evening, then nice food, music, dancing on the Wii which was hilarious and exhausting, then more drinking and music. Got to bed just before 3am. Woke up at 7am by kids but I slept in till 9am. Tummy felt shocking as it often does after drinking these days so didn't rush out for a run but had brekkie first and several cuppas then managed an easy 6 miler. 16 off road on sunday, 12 off road on Monday, 6 yesterday and will be about 14-15 today. You can tell marathon training has started. Must get into the swing of stretching/core again though as although the mileage has been good over xmas the other stuff has not!!

Big hugs to Camlo, not a good stint for you. I hope you've had some special times with the kids too.

Easy day sorting today. Take kids on their bikes into town later and get feet measured, glassed fixed etc. Loads of washing to do and cleaning and tesco man just been so time for coffee now I have some more milk in the house!

03/01/2013 at 08:52

Oh dear JT. those lungs of yours are not giving ya an easy time are they. 6 wks of antibiotics, yikes. fingers crossed these meds help. Hoping 2013 brings you healthier lungs.

at work so just a quick post, better go and do some work i guess.Feel sick today with a bit of a dodgy tum, hoping it doesnt come to anything.

Wow to you and the kids hardcore partying Lotte! And amazing mileage for last year, just wow!

Camlo ((((()))))

03/01/2013 at 08:54

sorry about the consultant's news JT. but as you say, at least they recognise it's not all in your mind. i am still struggling with my lungs and can't run. this is just because of a cold and chest infection i have had, but it is driving me insane. i never fully recovered from the virus in october and when i was doing speed sessions with club, i would wheeze like there was a reed in my chest. then i got the cold in december and ended up with a chest infection and since then, i have wheezed really badly and coughed non-stop at the slightest bit of effort. even walking makes me wheeze. i am going to the doctor on monday, hoping he might give me an inhaler just for now. if i didn't do any exercise, i would be fine, but i can't stand that... i did pilates last night and walked back from town and then coughed all evening. booo

03/01/2013 at 11:33

well i have now spent all morning coughing, and just coughed up the most disgusting dark green phlegm i have ever seen (TMI). looked like a sodding slug. guess i won't be running today then. am wheezing just sitting here. also now have pain in shoulder blade, probably from over-coughing.

i am SOOOO fed up with being ill

also my garage roof is leaking so i now have to get that re-roofed. will cost me £400

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.