Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,501 to 36,520 of 43,660 messages
16/07/2013 at 22:19

Thx for veg reassurance. Makes me feel better. Lol to willy holding on stage! Genius. And good luck for 10k JG. 

16/07/2013 at 22:21

I don't know JT....impregnating a TA and reducing a school that got a good ofsted inspection in 2009 to special measures is pretty bad in my book!

not had nits yet......do they still use shampoos or is it combing only?

16/07/2013 at 22:25

Have got the nitty gritty one JT, was hoping it would get rid of them more quickly than it has although I think my conditioner application and initial detangling has improved so its getting to be less of a tedious project.  V glad its now as its a lor easier to convince M to get in the bath in this weather!!  Combing the rest of us too, but nothing so far.

i did use ttoo lotion too but maybe I didn't use enough.  Debating oil and garlic as apparently that or tea tree oil might see them off!

16/07/2013 at 22:37

I was once told frontline got rid of them.......but I've not needed to try yet, and I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to douse my child in pet flea products......

16/07/2013 at 23:44

Haha Caro!! Can see you holding them by the scruff of their neck to get it on....

Blimey just been copied in to an email (not directed at me thankfully but our finance manager) by my most troublesome gymnastics club. They have a million issues (including financial) and the most nightmare committee and nasty parents! One individual send the most vicious emails! I am always staggered that he thinks they are in any way appropriate to send!!

Its amazing what people are prepared to do when they are volunteers and therefore can't be fired in the usual way!! He's obviously a VERY angry man!

17/07/2013 at 06:02

Urgh Hoggle, what a pain.  I can't stand people who are rude like that - yuk!

I did read a fair bit about nits and the evidence seems totally inconclusive on lots of things and obviously quite a lot of products are produced as parents will buy anything to solve the problem!

17/07/2013 at 09:34

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23337445

I'm guessing Welsh school meals are better than this......

17/07/2013 at 21:13

18/07/2013 at 08:01

haha - can see the headlines now..... mums rush to buy frontline to clear nits before applying to schools without Casanova  head  teachers , who serve good wholesome lunches and allow a bit of willy grabbing. 

Fab scan comments JT, bit too early to see a blue or pink suggestion I guess although  when I went for a private scan once they told me they could make a pretty good guess even at around 12 weeks! 

Hoggle my colleague can do rude and doesn't even realise, I don't think some people see the hurt they cause. 

I hate nits nearly as much as I have threadworms........ I used lotion/ shampoo then combed daily for AGES. Hard to clear if you get a real infestation and have seen kids with heads literally swarming, cruel. 

OMG - BAD MUMMY AWARD FOR ME TODAY..... Tom has just come down in tears because the tooth fairy forgot last night....... 

18/07/2013 at 08:51

camlo - you aren't the first one! i know many an errant tooth fairy in my circle of friends! fortunately, J always falls asleep v quickly once light is out so tooth fairy has normally been by about 8.30 otherwise i will just forget!!

J totally cracked me up at the concert - his hand was on his groin the whole time! apart from when he shook the mayor's hand to receive his year 2 memory book where they had published all their poems about balloons. they had obviously asked them to write about what they could hear, smell, see and touch - J was the only child to smell muck being spread on the crops. all the other kids smelt flowers, fresh air, pollen etc. typical of my son!!

so - easing back into my training: up to about 4.5 miles. running 3 or 4 times a week but doing no more than about 12 - 13 miles a week total. and .... am ill again. felt awful yesterday, this morning sore throat, glands right up. WHY!?!?!?!

18/07/2013 at 09:00

Ha Camlo, glad its not just me who forgets to be tooth fairy. Just tell him when they are too busy to get to everyone its double pay the next night

I spent the whole day in bed yesterday. Thankfully hubby off on a couple of weeks holiday. As I went through to bed about midnight on tues I commented to hubby my belly was a bit sore, tried to sleep but couldn't then ended up spending a ll night back and fore to toilet with the most horrendous diarrhoea. I've never had anything like it! About 4am I got up to go again and just knew I was going to faint as I had almost done so the time before. I yelled to hubby to help me, and he caught me as I went, I then came around to find that I had spewed on the carpet just outside our ensuite door. Bloody hell! Anyway slept for 10 hours straight last night and trying to eat something now. Got such a lot to do today so better be ok! I just hope its not a bug that the rest of the family get, that was awful.

18/07/2013 at 11:01

Oh no Lotte, that sounds terrible, hope thats the end of it and you feel better soon.

Think I will comb again tonight although Martha won't be pleased, need to get some tea tree oil as well as apparently that helps.

18/07/2013 at 11:14

oh dear lotte - not good. at least hubby was at home, and fingers crossed no-one else gets it!

no nits here yet - although i have NO idea how as E has long hair and it escapes from its bands all the time!

18/07/2013 at 17:53

ooo - SATs results out for my Y2 fella. He has done well by the sounds of it. Haven't read it as T telling me over phone and he was driving. He was 6yrs 10 months when he did the tests and scored 8yrs 2 months. Whatever that means. But is good news anyway. little star really - he has tried so hard this year

18/07/2013 at 18:08

Aw thats so cool CM!  Well done J!

Bastard nits, just combed for the second time in 2 days and found 4 big ones but no little ones so are they ones I missed or has she been hanging out with someone v nitty!!  I tried olive oil and tea tree tonight for a bit of variety but tea tree doesnt kill them as I put a whole drop on a captive one and it was not bothered in the slightest!

18/07/2013 at 18:10

Poor you Lotte, sounds awful - keep your distance from everyone for a day or so!

18/07/2013 at 18:54

JT - we had those outcome levels in his report. He got 6s then across the board. but these were the SATS results, i thought - we had to wait for these to get published - where he got 120% or something (with 115 being above average - not sure T hadn't read it properly and was in the car). Anyway, seems like on both the assessment and SATs or whatever it is, he has come out above average, which, for a lad who couldn't hold his pencil properly when he started reception and whom i wasn't convinced could read anything other than 'the', 'at', 'he' etc at the end of reception, really is better than i could have expected! he was rather full of the fact that he had won a prize for his dancing at afterschool club though. that was more interesting than his SATS results. obviously.

nits sound like an absolute bu33er. maybe teatree causes them a slow and painful death? have to hope so...

18/07/2013 at 20:55

Ah thanks for that. So basically is is doing grand then. They have already flagged that he is good at maths. Does not get that from me!!

spent a lovely hour looking for j iPod shuffle charger. Great. Can't find it. Gah!!

18/07/2013 at 22:16

Camlo - your headline was great! Made me laugh. Head live sound a nightmare. Funnily enough I had coffee with some mummy friends today, and one, whose kids are about 5-7 ish asked about Nits. I was able to give them all the low down on treatments etc just from reading your posts! But given that E is only 2 I think they wondered at my knowledge so I was trying to reassure them that I hadn't had them, it was all from this forum.... ! 

Not much else to report here. All quiet really. Nice to see EF out for a walk! Oh and Lotte - that bug sounded horrendous! You poor thing. Hope u r ok now and kids/ hubby escape it. Could it have been something uou ate? Hideous. 

18/07/2013 at 22:17

And well done J on your grades! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.