Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,661 to 36,680 of 46,050 messages
13/01/2013 at 08:01
Cm - it also shows that arrangements can be challenged and whilst you are limited by available funds to go back to court at the moment, who knows? Keep that diary going... This week crying in Asda to stay with you and hearing them being shouted at. You have evidence to back a challenge if you ever get the opportunity and if kids were to express their feelings to someone officially it could happen.....
TT - wow, bring it on!!
CC - love the thought of a big lad skipping around a rugby field!
Crap nights sleep so up ready for a cold (defo -4 or -5) club run then going to persuade kids to let me snooze on the sofa.....
13/01/2013 at 09:24
CM-There will come a time where the kids wishes will come 1st + I am sure u will come out top. Seems like a long way away now but it all goes by in a flash.
13/01/2013 at 09:39
Thanks girls. There is no point challenging anything now as I would have no case. Courts don't care about crying and behavioural things unless they are v serious - like self harm / getting expelled from school constantly. The one thing I have to do is just ignore ignore ignore what goes on when the kids are with T. It is the very hardest thing in the world to do and I have to force myself to do it

As for making their own minds up - my friend's daughter is now at the age where the court would say she can decide herself but she is too scared to stand up to her father and therefore won't. I can imagine how hard it must be to make the choice between the two parents. Even if you really did have a preference, the fear of upsetting the other parent would be a big burden for a child of 12.
13/01/2013 at 10:59
I am not even meaning going back to court or anything, more that teenagers just do their own thing + will gravitate more + more towards u as they grow up, they don't give a monkeys what court says about where they should b. They will just turn up at urs + eat ur food + plonk their feet on ur furniture. One thing I would also work hard at doing is encouraging them to make lots of friends where u live, teenagers will go where their friends r. And as T spends a lot of his time with them trying to buy their affection by taking them places they might not get chance to build those strong friendships at his house.
13/01/2013 at 13:54
This CB business sounds like a complete farce to me!

Got a very poorly boy here . He had temp yesterday and not really eating then was sick on his daddy in evening. Perked right up after that and seemed happier when we put him to bed but got up at 11:45 and was sick again. Temp was up to 104F in the night (not sure what that is in C but very high). Seems to be staying down with drugs but he is roller coasting a bit. Watched Finding Nemo with his daddy while I caught up on some sleep and then came in and snuggled next to me and is snoring away like a little train!

Shall just have to have a quiet day at home with him today and hope he perks up.

CM that must have been hideous at the shop. Sorry to hear you have had to ultimatum N, hope it's enough for him to finally get his finger out. Hope the pain from your boot camp subsides soon!

Camlo, hope your extension is finished soon. I was so impressed with how fast the building itself went up, you forget how long these jobs take to finish.

Grr TV and broadband down until at least 4pm today as some fault and engineer can't come until then. Have very limited DVD collection too. How am I going to entertain poorly boy and keep him from running round? Wah!
13/01/2013 at 14:55
104F = 40C.
13/01/2013 at 16:29
Poor max. Sounds like what E had at Christmas

I understand what you are saying TangyT and I make a big effort to invite friends for tea etc and I have set all the activities up (ballet, rugby beavers etc) so that the kids stay local to me and with their school friends rather than over t's side of town. The problem will be that T is very controlling so will most likely just not give the kids the chance to do anything other than stick with this regime. He polices contact to the hour and it would take a huge shift for him to have any degree of flexibility. He most likely will simply forbid them from coming to my house on his days. Anyway it is still a long way off and many things can happen in the interim. It would make sense for him to move over here really as then it would make everything much easier for him and the kids but I really don't think he will do that.
13/01/2013 at 16:46

Poor Max, hope he picks up soon.

J is still under the weather, cough is not quite so bad - sounds looser, but he is tired and little appetite but he hasn't had any kids nurofen today although is still feeling a little warm - not that i've actually taken his temperature!!! Anyway, he's perkier so if he does school tomorrow, fine, but I've told him he's not doing Cubs, he never gets into bed until 9pm after that and he needs sleep big time at the mo!!

Wow Camlo - that is chilly, it went down pretty cold last night but must have warmed up at some point as we've had drizzle not snow and definitely not that cold, although often the case here on the coast and then snow up in town. So got out for 18.5 miles today. Avg 9.3mm, flatish route along coastal path and disused railway wearing my little back pack.  Not sure how to play next week, am working Thur and Fri morning as well as Pilates on Tues and then have orienteering on Saturday ... may have to do a Lotte o-clock on Friday morning (hubby home Thurs eve) to get long one in, or hope legs recovered enough for me to do one on Weds this week.

Edited: 13/01/2013 at 20:56
14/01/2013 at 09:29
Hope all wee ones ok

Snow anyone? None here although did snow last night

Need some advice - N has mailed saying how much he misses me and the kids and he just wants to know we are all ok. Also that his divorce papers are now in so he just has to wait now. Do I respond?!
14/01/2013 at 10:53

Snow here is rubbishly sparse, no fun at all.

CM - maybe just reply to say you are fine and that its good to hear his papers are in, difficult to know until something happens finally but maybe you have got the ball rolling?

Not sure what to do with my sleep resistant baby, he had never done more than 3.5hours at night and it is slowly getting me down although it turns out I operate fairly well on not much zzzz's its getting ridiculous.  Its definitely weaning tummy ache like Aidan had as well but I'm not sure what else I can do apart from wait it out.  I'm not feeding him now and when I did in the morning it initially made his tummy worse.  Then Aidan of course immediately came in to say he needed a wee - think we can def get rid of his night nappies he has been dry for ages now.  

If I leave B to cry it wont be fun as he's in pain, co-sleeping doesn't cure it, gripe water has made no difference, I'm taking weaning really slowly too but he's still not happy.  Anyway moaning about it has made me feel a bit better!!!

14/01/2013 at 11:32
Oh Kinsey that is very hard. Does feeding him help with the pain in the night?

I will send a low key response to N. however this is the 3rd time he has assured me the papers are with the solicitor so I am not holding my breath...
14/01/2013 at 11:46

Yes maybe just a wee response CM, low key as you say, but maybe re-iterate that you need to see the decree nicee (whatever its called!) before you next meet.

No snow here, thankfully. I find the stuff fun for a day but then when it interferes with my life too much I hate the stuff!!  Bah humbug!!

Sorry to hear your problems Kinsey. I can't help I'm afraid, just hope it gets better soon.

Got one wee man home from school, being very quite just sat reading books bless him. Fix him some lunch soon. Just a virus, bad snots and headache but not much else. He seems happy to be home. Luckily I got my run done at 5.30am, 10 easy miles after 76 last week. Another 4 to squeeze into today, will be on the treadmill but thats fine given the weather outside.

Well... what a weekend...and what an amazing man I am married too. 4km swim 1:17, 400km bike 15 hours 45 mins, 40km run 3h41. What a nutter! And he was up till 1.30am on Sat night dancing. He has crashed a bit now, but yesterday seemed to be on such a high he was pretty much hyper! Making bacon butties and cups of tea for everyone. Such amazing support from everyone, especially the running club. He only had to ride one 50 mile section by himself, the rest of the time he was supported. What stars! So lucky with the weather too. Very proud of him and I think he will hit the magical £2000 for muscular dystrophy.

I am tired from the dashing around and organisation and the emotion of seeing him in such pain at times, his face plastered in mud from the bike and barely able to walk coming off the bike after the 400km. And yet the the sight of 10 runners waiting to run with him just helped so much and he got changed and we headed off. Wow!

Right best see if my other amazing but smaller wee man is OK...

14/01/2013 at 11:56
Kinsey- I'm not much help with sleep; all mine were shocking, 2-3 hrly until 9-12 months where we nearly lost the will to live. M still not great & she's 2! Some nights sleeps great, 11 hrs straight, other nights screaming for daddy for ages until eventually we can't stand it any longer and he normally gets in the spare bed with her. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture I'm sure.
CM- maybe as Kinsey said, a wee email to tell hm how you are etc???
Kids of school cos the pipes were frozen, grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Mind you they do keep M entertained on and of so I've got some housework done. Just downloading another sufferfest onto my computer, it takes the whole day and I have to keep refreshing the computer( which is up a ladder in the garage!!!), ridiculous I know. It's because we only have half a GB here on t'internet. Joy of living middle of a glen!!
Hope M ok Turbo & J improving CC ((((())))).
Persuaded ma sister to do a lap of the 'puffer' yesterday, she wasn't keen as it had been snowing but she did meet me. Did one lap but it was really icy so we had to walk all the stony bits so take ages!!! Bit worried now as may have to walk lots on the day. Imagine pitch dark, ice, stones, roots, rock faces, yikes, think I might put the icy spikes on my shoes so don't slip when walking!!! Will be a bit embarrassing when all the fast blokes come speeding past me walking!!!!
Ah well.
Betta go and do some more tidying.
14/01/2013 at 12:27
RF, odd but it always helps to know I am not the only one with rubbish sleepers! Not quite sure some days why I thought I could handle another couple of years without sleep!

MM - wow! Such an achievement although a bit mad! Hope you both get a bit of a rest now! Just dawned on me that I will be 39 in May. Eek.
14/01/2013 at 13:01

My daughter was a fab sleeper until 14 months and then it was pretty much hell until she was three so you have my sympathies Kinsey, sleep deprivation is the worst, hubby and I were barely functioning!! 

MM - what a star your hubby is indeed, amazing effort all round. Sure it will be hard to come down off the high from that though. Sounds like your wee man has what my J has had - headache etc, eventually snots came and he is much better today and has gone to school but am expecting shattered child tonight.

CM - I agree there is no harm in dropping him a line ... nice to hear from him, you are all doing fine, fabulous news about the divorce papers ... will be great to see the papers and you are looking forward to spending some quality time together once this is all resolved properly once and for all? something like that?

No snow here but some further inland. Lovely sunny day but is lethal underfoot - ice everywhere, in fact I was wishing for snow as it's stickier than ice to run on. Meant to dig out my spiky foot thingys.   Anyway, another 8.5 today, easy pace due to underfoot conditions - difficult to run relaxed when you are scared of falling A-over-T!!! Legs feel good though after yesterdays 18.5.

Have you got winter tyres RF on your bike? My friend who's just moved to Norway has them on her MBK so she can commute to work all weathers.

14/01/2013 at 13:02

Kinsey - 39 still starts with a 3 ... nothing to be scared of

14/01/2013 at 13:32

Lots of snow here (Sheffield) but the sun is just starting to come out so I'm hoping it's going to melt.  Freezing temperatures forecast this week so don't want the rest of the week on ice .  Nicky cried a lot and declared "no like snow!" this morning when we walked round to a friend's.  Ended up carrying him back with him crying every time a snowflake landed on his face!  Speaking of sleep he's just declared he doesn't want a nap today, sigh!  Was going to get some work done for tomorrow too.

Wow to Mr MM, very impressive!  And to your running MM - 10 miles at 5.30am then another 4 to do later??  Respect !

Kinsey - can't help on the sleep front I'm afraid except that every phase is a phase and one day (soon hopefully!) you'll suddenly realise that you're not completely knackered anymore and able to cope with things better.

I'm thinking of taking my 2 to the hairdresser for the first time on Saturday.  Nicky desperately needs a proper haircut (rather than Mummy's hacking ) but he's had bad eczema on his head which is only recently clearing.  Plus he hates noise so will hate hairdryers, clippers etc (even if not used on him!).  Sophie on the other hand is very excited to go so I guess we'll just see how it goes.

We had a photo shoot yesterday which went well and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.  Hubby nearly had heart failure at the price list though !  We're going back on Saturday to see them and decide which ones we want.

I hear dripping outside...excellent...

14/01/2013 at 13:40

Just be grateful he's not fifty for another ten yrs MM!

14/01/2013 at 14:11

I dread to think what he'll conjure up for that one Caro!!  He had a damn good effort at the 40 units after too but fell short thankfully!

14/01/2013 at 14:39
Ah you see CC you are faaaar nicer than me. I wrote 'we are all fine thanks. Forgive me for mot being excited that your petition is in. This is the 3rd time you have told me the petition is drafted and the 2nd time you have said it is lodged'. No reply yet. Guess that was q harsh but I don't want to give him any wriggle room. If I say I am looking forward to spending time with him he will be straight on the phone begging me to see him

Wow. Just wow to your hubby MM. And you for all the organisation!

Right beat get showered for school run. Have just done 5miles and coughing and wheezing like hell now. Grrr!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.