Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,681 to 36,700 of 45,659 messages
14/01/2013 at 14:42
I also want the decree nisi and the financial settlement court approved. The financial settlement is the most important bit to me...
14/01/2013 at 18:53
OMG just got an e mail from the production company that does the adventure show as they are filming the puffer again. They want to film some individuals before and during the event and my name came up as its my first time doing it and also I'm doing it solo (fool!!!!) and there is only one other female soloist. Ahhhhhhhhhh cringable what do I do????
Yoga tonight and I've just eaten a crunchier, piggy!!
14/01/2013 at 19:08
Wow MM 40 units would have been some party!!!!! Sounds like he did amazing and should be really proud of himself. Good running from you too!
CM - not sure a financial settlement or even a divorce will make you both happy in the long term. You shouldn't have to threaten someone to get them to do something so obviously important to your relationship.
kinsey - boo to tummy pains. how old is he now? Could you try a few days on very bland stuff if you think it's weaning related? lamb and pears are the easiest foods to digest. Is he poo'ing ok still? Give your HV a ring too - hard to see the obvious sometimes when it's in your own house but having her look at it may throw something up you haven't thought of?
RF were you walking with the bikes?? Blooming hard if so? Hope it is a bit warmer for you!
JG good luck with the hairdressers! Is always a gamble to get them to co-operate without the noise factor!
CC - nice pace for your long run. I have just booked Thursday off work so i can do a nice slow 18 but will be aiming for 10min miles I think to keep heart rate down (Is that right? 4 hr mara is 9mm so LSR should be about 10MM?).
Bought a kettle bell from aldi earlier (7.5kg) for 8.99. in my excitement i swung it about and pulled a muscle...doh!
14/01/2013 at 19:10
RF - are you serious??? WHAT DO I DO?????? Flipping get your Lippy on - that's what!!!!!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!! Go for it..... Have I made myself clear????
14/01/2013 at 19:27
Camlo- that 4 months to a 4hr marathon book has LSR pace as 10.40-11.10min Ml
14/01/2013 at 19:33
Tempo run 8:45-8:50min Ml
14/01/2013 at 19:47

I'd say sounds about right Camlo, but I found it really helpful to always try and up the pace of the LSR to marathon pace for the last 5 miles, to get used to running at marathon pace on tired legs.

Woo Hoo, a future telly start amongst us?  I have no idea what the adventure show is by the way!

OK, who can top this for bad behaviour.........A wk or so ago we got our new hoover, and hubby got a bit carried away and moved some chairs we never move to hoover behind them.  There was a damp patch under the chair and the wood looked a bit warped.  Leaky radiator we thought, and then forgot about it.  Yesterday M was watching telly and came out of the front room and said I've got wet tight.  Why we asked?  Did you wet yourself?  Have you weed on the sofa?  No answer.......Matilda, come here and show us where you have weed.  Well you guessed it, behind the chair!  And obviously yesterday was not the first time.  When asked why, she said because she cant be bothered to walk upstairs to go to the loo, so could we please build one downstairs??!!  (note that since having the loft done we have THREE toilets in the this house!)  Needless to say she got a right rollocking and many sanctions were imposed until we see better behaviour.....

14/01/2013 at 19:55

oh god Caro - that is soooo funny, naughty but v funny - obviously not for you and hubby, but as a bystander and all that!!!

RF - ditto Camlo, what do you mean 'what do I do?' ... get in there girl, ENJOY

Adventure Show is brilliant but I am always missing it as I forget about it.

Agree marathon pace mileage in long runs is good, I don't think I introduced it until a little later on when I did it, but yes, the tired leg thing is good!  Mine should have been slower yesterday really but I was on a bit of a time limit!  Next week, when I'm not working (perhaps) I will do a long run on more gnarly terrain, that will soon slow me down!!

14/01/2013 at 20:06

OMG Caro!!! Lucky you got the hoover - who knows when you might have discovered it otehrwise!

Snow sounds exciting although maybe ice not so much! Rain here at the moment and I realised that I am turning in to my parents when I thought to myself - well the garden will love it!!

Struggling for work motivation this week. Pretty quiet so it's very easy to get very very distracted. Mmmm maybe I will bake some scones - well it's nice to bring baking into the office isn't it? Just because i's only me in my office doesn't mean I should be penalised and miss out on office baking!

We had a lovely weekend with my old friends. Matilda was very good - very sweet with the little babies and totally obsessed with my friends cat (who was probably very relieved to see us go!). Annoyingly I sat on my kindle and busted the screen - not cracked but something very wrong inside. Googled fixing screens etc and apparently no go. People on forums however mentioned contacting Amazon about buying a replacement at a discount. So I did a web chat with a very helpful Amazon person in the UK and they have sold me a touch wifi kindle for 60 pounds (rather than 110 on their website). It would cost me $250 in NZ. So pleased!!! Just waiting to hear when they will send it! Fab customer service - even if it is just to make sure I keep buying amazon books (bought 1 in last 6 months!).

Short run yesterday as not much time - fast though so was quite pleased. I want to do a longer slower one tomorrow but have the beginnings of a sore throat so hope that stays away for a while longer.

RF - say YES to the telly thing - how exciting!!! When is it?

14/01/2013 at 20:16
Now I can't run far at that tempo pace so target must be right? I could do the LSR quicker but guess if I can't do the tempo and speed sessions any quicker then should not be too optimistic..... Gah!

Caro - bet your house will stink like a tom cats boudour! At least she got off the sofa.... Archie just wees in his pants. haha
Hoggle - good to hear you got a sympathetic response from amazon. Were the scones nice?
14/01/2013 at 20:37
Ooh good one to embarrass her with when she is bigger Caro! Martha had drawn on the wall in her bedroom and I found it on a ballet day. When I explained she was missing ballet because of it she said, 'but I didn't do it today, mummy!'
I have also caught her weeing in the garden, not in the house yet, that's just Aidan and his accidents now!
14/01/2013 at 20:56

Matilda was in the kitchen yesterday and said wee! I went round there and sure enough she was doing a wee - thanks! First time she has talked about wees - pretty obsessed about poos!

Scones on their way into the oven now!!

14/01/2013 at 21:27

RF - totally do the TV thing! You rock girl - so take your chance to tell the whole of Scotland (and BBC iPlayer) just how fab you are! I love watching the Adventure Show when they do their Strathpuffer special ... and Dougie Vipond who does the presenting/interviewing is not a bad looking for a guy in his mid-40s either 

Also lots of studies to show the productivity of workers improves greatly when folk external to their company observe/take an interest in their work - so if you look at the Adventure Show as your external then their interest in you is sure to make you cycle more efficiently round Strathpuffer!  Incase you're wondering why I know this random fact - my friend used to be an Industrial Engineer (aka Time & Motion woman!).

Caro - I'm with Camio, at least it wasn't the sofa!

Trying to sort out about summer holiday. Have settled on Northumberland coast but now trying to find cottage not too far from a beach that isn't either hideously floral, pastel and 70s-tastic or uber uber modern and ridiculously expensive! Onwards Google and I go...

14/01/2013 at 22:04
It appears the adventure show is denied to us southern folk, it's only on bbc Scotland. However if you are on it rf I will look for it on I player!
14/01/2013 at 22:10
Hoggle- it's a week on Satuarday! I'm guessing I should e mail them back and agree to it, not one for the spotlight though, I shall be mortified! They want to visit me at home before the event to fnd out a bit about me/ training (!!!) etc! Then follow me and a few others during the event.LOL. I'm finding it all rather amusing.
MR- I was thinking it might spur me on when its 2am, icy and I'm freezing and knackered!
MR- we need to think about summer hols also, might do Aviemore again as its not far and has lots to do for the girls & I luv the fact it's brill for running n cycling
Hoggle- scones, mmmmmmmm yum mers
Caro- what a wee minx but it is funny!!!!
14/01/2013 at 22:38

RF the TV show will deffo give you that extra incentive to keep going at 2am in the morning!

We're going to Aviemore just before Easter. The Edinburgh schools are really early with their Easter hols this year (we break Fri 22nd March) so got good deal on a wee house in Aviemore as they aren't classing that week as school hols  Haven't heard a bad word about Aviemore and every runner I know loves running when there - so looking forward to that! 

15/01/2013 at 08:21
Hmmm if school is open then do I have to go in to work too? Don't fancy a 60 mile drive in this ice.
Leg still killing from my silly kettle throwing.....
Aviemore is lovely, only been there once but thought it looked very holiday'ish and fun. Just checked our holiday times and we break up on the Weds before Easter with 1st 2 weeks of April off too. Grrrrr have lots of leave to use before end of march but this means using 'new' allowance.
15/01/2013 at 10:37

at work today and the sun is actually shining outside, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Schools break up Thursday 28th here for easter i think. MR- the cottage sounds nice. Where did you book that through?

Ouch to the sore legs Camlo, no pain, no gain n all that!!!!

15/01/2013 at 11:42

It's glorious outside isn't it RF?  We don't have snow but blue skies and heavy frost. Pilates class taught so now heading out for an hour on the mbk ... was meant to be an easy run day but achilles a bit sore and want to try and do a run over Ben Rinnes tomorrow

I love Aviemore and Glenmore - just so family friendly with all the bike trails and walks etc. 

We break up on the 31st. Are talking about maybe camping somewhere for a few days (weather dependent) as budget will be blown into oblivion by ski holiday!!!  Would love to get over to Knoydart actually but chances are we'll probably end up down in Glenmore or perhaps on the Black Isle somewhere.

Scones - hmmmm, yum yum but am still eating my way through a load of peanut butter cookies I made for kids to take to school as snack which they don't seem keen on but I LOVE ...oops, they melt in the mouth. I only justify them as they came out of a book of recipes and food plans for feeding babies and children!!

Edited: 15/01/2013 at 11:44
15/01/2013 at 11:51

RF - going to http://www.silvergladesaviemore.co.uk/ good deal as non-school hols, and got nice discount for paying in full more than 12 wks before we go.  We went for an Osprey!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.