Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,721 to 36,740 of 47,643 messages
01/10/2012 at 21:44
Boo to swallowing magnets (I would call NHS direct), pen marks, getting out of bed/cots, germs (CM I am watching you!!!), biting boobs, stressful jobs / crappy bosses, headaches and rain
YIPPEE to runs, weddings, nights out with hubbies, healthy babies, slow cookers, New shoes and Karens unique stick man with a smiley face (I would try and save that for sure!!).
Can't really sympathise with a bit of pen drawing as sounds positively tame compared to the time eldest drew on my car....... With a stone.
Sticking to healthy eating today as feel motivated after boot camp sessions so no choc/ alcohol / wheat or crap. Down to 8st 10 which is great for me but at 5ft nothing I know I should shed another few pounds.
Have booked premier inn at Blackfriars for the mara, does that sound sensible to start/ finish as I have no idea and I will change if not?
Karen - sorry to hear about your job woes. Can you move sideways with your skills to avoid a pay drop? It's heartbreaking to think we've been working for ages and still have the same or longer to go....
01/10/2012 at 22:57
Hotel Carovet open for business camlo........Lotte survived!
01/10/2012 at 23:36
Thanks Caro!! May well take you up if I have to come on my own!
Just seen on news that a 5 yr old girl is missing from Machynlleth which is only an hour from me. Apparently 200 people are searching for her after she was seen getting into a van. Really hope she is found safe.
02/10/2012 at 07:04
Black friars is logical though, as the trains to the start go from London bridge I think, which is nr there. Surely if you're on your own, the last thing you want to do is hang out with someone else's children
02/10/2012 at 08:59

Thought of you when I saw that on the news Camlo and thought it might be close. Keeping everything crossed here.

02/10/2012 at 09:18

yes, me too, so scary.

02/10/2012 at 09:55
Scary yes but why was a five yr old out at 7.30pm wih no adult supervision?
02/10/2012 at 13:10
I know Caro that's what I thought. It's totally terrible , that poor mother. I so so hope they find her. But what was a 5 yr old doing outside at bedtime without her parents? I guess it's easy for us to say that .
M is very gurney today. Thinks she out of sorts, sniffly & yucky nappies and eating even worse than normal last couple of days. Typical as she's got nursery tomorrow as I'm working. She's always getting bugs from nursery, it's a right pain.
Tattie hols here from Friday for two wks, yippee. No school n I have two wks hols also
Did 4.5 miles with buggy today and 5.2 yesterday. Yay.
Must get a roller as left leg sore but not when I'm running. Any recommendations???
Hope the magnet incident went the right way and also pen on the sofa, oh dear. Kids eh!!!!
02/10/2012 at 13:59

Agree Caro, isn't it dark at 7.30?

Has the magnet made an appearance Lotte? My friends boy swallowed a metal marble. She was sifting poo for a week!!

02/10/2012 at 14:02
I think the girl was playing out with other friends and therefore not alone. The other kids saw her get into the van 'willingly'

GP appt at 3.40 as I think I have throat and possibly ear infection and also comjunctivitis. What a state.
02/10/2012 at 15:03
Yes but would you let your 5 yr old play with 6 and 7 yr olds, after dark, (in reality after bed time on a school night!) with no adults? Unless everyone's parents thought someone else's parents were watching? I bet it's some relative, or a family feud or something, rather than a total stranger.
02/10/2012 at 17:26

Yes, thats what I was thinking about playing after dark. Lets just hope they find her safe and sound. Seems the police have arrested someone. Lets hope they don't name the guy and ruin his life before finding out that he had nothing to do with it, like they have done in the past.

Anyway... good day, I have just found out I got distinctions in my first 2 graded pieces of work for my access to Osteopathy Degree course.  Think I will celebrate with a glass of....lime and soda. I know how to celebrate!

02/10/2012 at 18:18
I can see how it could happen to be honest... J would have no interest in doing it but E would be out there in a shot if I would let her...

GP says no antibiotics even tho it is bacterial throat. Ears are labyrinthitis. Drugs for that but they cause drowsiness which won't be compatible with my day trip to Warrington tomorrow (4hrs each way). She says to wait for a week before antibiotics. Sigh...
02/10/2012 at 18:18
Oo and - well done Anj!!
02/10/2012 at 20:20

woohoo Anj, that's absolutely brilliant.

Boo to no antibs, that sucks.

Absolutely shattered here again tonight - last night I was kept awake by the geese in flight, then at 12pm S lost her 'mussie' cloth, at 1pm a load of cars fell out of Js bed bashing against the dividing wall and at 2pm S decided to notice her nightlight was turned off (from when they were making dens earlier) FFS, does NO ONE need any sleep in this house!! Just feel permanently wrecked at the moment. Ho hum!!

02/10/2012 at 21:29
Anj, that's fab. Well done. I'll raise a glass of water to you later

CC, hope you get some better sleep tonight. Yawn.

CM, look after yourself. Your body needs a complete rest for a while. I know that's not on the cards at the moment but hope you get a chance to let it recover soon. I don't suppose the train is an option for tomorrow?

Have finally received notification of Mr TT's visa extension approval. Just waiting for mine. One piece of good news amongst all the other cr*p we are contending with.

Hope that girl is found safe, I don't know the area but I have read the locals' descriptions of the place and it sounds like the sort of village I grew up in with the innocence of that time, eg not locking doors etc. I know this is not the 70s any more but can sort of understand the kids having more freedom.

It's my running group night tonight. If I can muster up the energy I should go along for a shuffle. My problem last week was more bladder related than anything!

Sorry, on phone and can't scroll back. Was it Karen who put in a brief appearance! If so, 'hiiii', *waves*.
02/10/2012 at 21:30
Oh dear CC hope you have a better night tonight!
CM - that's a bit rubbish that they want you to hold off on antibiotics, have had to get some for Aidan for his tonsils as we are trying to avoid a repeat of his wheezing which the doc thinks is aggravated by infections.
Loving my new sofas and very glad to see the back of our old knackered ones!
02/10/2012 at 21:34
Tattie holidays?? Eh?
Well done anj, are you going to suspend training for a while or crack on with the degree with little one around?
CC boo to disturbed night, hope you have decluttered toys from beds, tucked them in twice and secured favourite blankets sufficiently tonight.
CM rubbish service from GP!! Hope you are taking advise and resting, eating well and NOT running for a while.
Have also heard about the arrest on the news. i wouldnt compare my own parenting rules with theirs as we all have different variables, but i only feel deep sympathy and thank God it wasn't my child taken. Awful.
Late finish but as kids were being particularly noisy when i got home I grabbed kit and legged it to club. 5 miles around the town with 2 lots of reps which were pretty tough. that's 23 miles in 4 days!!!
02/10/2012 at 21:36
Xposts TT and Kinsey. Yippee to visa and sofa!
TT you are right about feeling of safety. People worry about traffic, litter and drugs not strangers stealing their children.
02/10/2012 at 21:39

Not posted for ages but have been lurking although these pages move so fast its hard to keep up!  So busy at the moment - really ned to make the effort to post more.

Still hardly have time to do much of anything lately and after a year am finding having an absent usband during the week is getting very tiring.  Kids miss him too and they are at an age where they understand a bit better and want Daddy home (me too!)  Had a nice holiday in Turkey though but back to a suddenly cold UK and I can see the 12 weeks to Christmas streching ahead clearly!! 

Starting to visit potential schools for N next year at the moment - where did that time go ?

Yey to Lotte doing an amazing time for a last minute marathon and to Camlo and Sonya and all the others who have been doing some great races.

Congrats to Anj!!! & hope you feel better soom CM

Awful about that poor little girl - the parents must be in sch a state - I don't know how people can ever cope with these things - so hope she gets home safely.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.